IGNORED

20Man / Mark Ashton (Merged)

RT's Vaseline Tub

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Some people want answers to why we're in such a state on the pitch. If you want to sit on your hands and do nothing like some kind of footballing conscientious objector then fine . Don't criticise people who are sick and fed up of being fed the same corporate bullshit  all the time.

A CEO or chairman aren't the people to get those answers from, a head coach is, if anyone is a coward it's johnson

this thread is just like a loaded question Ashton can't win you should take a breather op

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Don't think you understand the concept.

Always found Union members if fully informed were far more likely to accept difficult management decisions.

SL style management is reminiscent of Victorian mill owner's not 21st century good practice

I think that SL knows how to run businesses and has constructed an organisation that he believes can run the business in an efficient manner.  It would be very difficult to get an authentic fans opinion upon which all fans are agreed.  As for employees - are you suggesting a player on the board? Would that player be able to accept confidentiality and not tell the other players - those he is elected to represent?  Much simpler not to get involved - this is not like running a nursing home....although I wonder sometimes!

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Um :blink:

I forgot the on the pitch part of my post,

Ashton can't answer about the state of us on the pitch,

ashton's job was to get transfer deals done after the mess that was cotts transfer window,

he did that the fact that our ex chief scout and shit head coach asked him to sign the wrong type isn't his fault

johnson is 80% to blame for this mess with lansdown the other 20% for refusing to sack the incompetent sorry excuse for a coach 

58 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Do you honestly believe  that SL has not had long enough to get it right with his wealth and previous experience.  In 2008 we got to a play off final so almost a decade of going backwards. That's not the fans fault is it.? He has the money to employ just about anyone he wants . So why doesn't he recruit the very best people in the senior positions in the club.? Genuinely interested in your thoughts. 

Because it's his money, his club and above all it's his ball so he decides who can play and for how long. It is apparent to me that despite him claiming that he is not a hands on owner, nothing at City happens or doesn't happen unless it gets a green light from SL.

I don't understand why or what is the tie with the Johnson family but it's that which is killing our club at the moment. City continue, despite SL's investment, to be high up in the list of eternal under or non achievers while clubs with much smaller pulling power and considerably less money have passed us by yet again.   

9 minutes ago, Henry said:

For what purpose? Are you able to share what was said, Dolly?

To give some background to what the SC&T are about and to ask for more interaction between the club and fans. Mark Ashton said he was keen for that but hasn't got back to us since. 

I shall tag @Milo as he is SC&T vice chair, he might be able to give more info as I know @thatcham red is away at the moment. 

MA supposedly recommend to SL to appoint LJ as he was the outstanding candidate which suggests he is responsible for his appointment thus able to recommend his dismissal but we all know that is bollox and he is just SL mouthpiece.

He should have the guts to face up to the fans plus our glorious leader.

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

To give some background to what the SC&T are about and to ask for more interaction between the club and fans. Mark Ashton said he was keen for that but hasn't got back to us since. 

Cheers Dolly. Interesting he hasn't got back to you guys

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

ashton's job was to get transfer deals done after the mess that was cotts transfer window,

he did that the fact that our ex chief scout and shit head coach asked him to sign the wrong type isn't his fault

johnson is 80% to blame for this mess with lansdown the other 20% for refusing to sack the incompetent sorry excuse for a coach 

Totally agree. What you originally quoted me on was someone basically saying , how dare any of us question anything that goes on at the club we disagree with and my argument to that.

We're all pretty pissed off with what's happening on the pitch so everything gets scrutinised. That PR stunt last week after JP's sacking was the last straw for some. MA has nothing to do with picking players, just negotiating contracts as you pointed out.

Personally i think it would of been good for him to go on Twentymans show and just be honest about the situation. People get more frustrated by silence , especially when there is so much wrong at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They're all fans. What people want is a fan elected to represent us independently at board level. Would help with accountability and transparency.

Watch out, you'll be burnt as a witch by some on here.

I really don't know how people cannot understand what's a very simple concept.

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

After a lifetime of board meetings, I cannot see how it it would help the business process to have someone banging on about scuppering the agreed master plan, without having a clue how to build further.  If I was SL I would keep fans well away and give them a suggestion committee or some other "none" role.  It might piss off fans but running a complicated business needs people who can make a valuable contribution.  Tin hat on!

I would agree if this was a business in the purest sense.. but it's not.

BCFC is part of the community and a club that's very special to a lot of people. It's not like we're talking about the running of Hargreaves Lansdown. It's a totally different animal and should be treated as such.

Its strange to have 'business processes' and 'suggestion committees' being talked about in the context of a football club. They're not your average corporate business and shouldn't be treated like one.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

When Ashton arrIved I was quite Impressed by him and his slick ways . I thought it was something the club lacked . But guess what ,  I was wrong in just over a year in charge please tell me how Bristol City has improved on the pitch because as I see it we are basically where we were under the footballing dinosaur Cotts.?

friendsInfoGallery_barneyFootball.jpg

57 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Radio man invites MA to come on and talk.

MA says nah your alright Geoff.

I call him a coward .

People lose their shit

:whistle:

I lose mine most days but checked with my doctor and its a usual body function

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would agree if this was a business in the purest sense.. but it's not.

BCFC is part of the community and a club that's very special to a lot of people. It's not like we're talking about the running of Hargreaves Lansdown. It's a totally different animal and should be treated as such.

Its strange to have 'business processes' and 'suggestion committees' being talked about in the context of a football club. They're not your average corporate business and shouldn't be treated like one.

The point is that it would potentially be difficult to have meaningful,player and fan participation in a club that is 90+% owned by one man, who is allowed limited time in the country for tax reasons.  I can understand him wanting the business operated by dedicated professionals with the fewest number of distractions possible.  The suns of money being discussed would be hard for some to grasp - the fan may be, for example, someone with no business experience, and the player may have issues with what others are paid.  I could see problems with IvorGuys model in a business like a football club.  The possibility of a fans rep only representing their own views would be likely to cause friction in the fan base.  The confidentiality issues are very important - and should not be overlooked.

3 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

The point is that it would potentially be difficult to have meaningful,player and fan participation in a club that is 90+% owned by one man, who is allowed limited time in the country for tax reasons.  I can understand him wanting the business operated by dedicated professionals with the fewest number of distractions possible.  The suns of money being discussed would be hard for some to grasp - the fan may be, for example, someone with no business experience, and the player may have issues with what others are paid.  I could see problems with IvorGuys model in a business like a football club.  The possibility of a fans rep only representing their own views would be likely to cause friction in the fan base.  The confidentiality issues are very important - and should not be overlooked.

I think it maybe the 90% + ownership, by someone that can't live in the country, that people are now questioning.  You've answered @Ivorguy's point perfectly, why should he have fans representatives when he can do what he wants?  It's his club, not ours.

34 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I actually think SL is 100% responsible for appointing LJ.

LJ can't help his own incompetence. He can't do any better than his best which just isn't good enough I'm afraid.

If SL had appointed Warnock or other manager was some nouse and experience of the Championship, it's much less likely we'd be in this position.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think it maybe the 90% + ownership, by someone that can't live in the country, that people are now questioning.  You've answered @Ivorguy's point perfectly, why should he have fans representatives when he can do what he wants?  It's his club, not ours.

In reality it is his club, but the whole point of a football club is to serve the needs of its fans because they are the main means of generating income.  I think SL fully understands all this - but it is still HIM who writes cheques for £millions to keep all the plates spinning.  Some on here do not support his choice of manager - but he has a great deal of experience and is backing his judgement because he believes that that will be in the best interests of the paying fans.  Maybe, just maybe, he has a valid and highly informed and experienced opinion!

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

In reality it is his club, but the whole point of a football club is to serve the needs of its fans because they are the main means of generating income.  I think SL fully understands all this - but it is still HIM who writes cheques for £millions to keep all the plates spinning.  Some on here do not support his choice of manager - but he has a great deal of experience and is backing his judgement because he believes that that will be in the best interests of the paying fans.  Maybe, just maybe, he has a valid and highly informed and experienced opinion!

I hope you're right!  My position isn't really about LJ or the potential relegation, these things happen, I'd rather the relegation didn't though.  It's the disconnect and fan apathy I'm finding most concerning. 

4 hours ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Every caller scathing that we've lost our identity under "Bristol Sport"

Ashton was offerered a live chat or even come to your place for a recording this morning Geoff advised but he declined even though its his job to be held accountable to the current situation WE find ourselves in.

Really? You reckon that's his job description do you? 

If your boss didn't want to sack an inefficient fellow worker would that make it your job to go on air and make excuses for him?

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

The truth may not be 120 years of mediocrity but it's not far off. One short first division stint over 100 years ago and the other 40 years ago. F.A. Cup finalist over 100 years ago and two great international players in 120 years. O.K. we've a few Leyland Daf / Frieght Rover cups etc, and the occasional promotion, but the trophy cabinet isn't exactly overflowing. I'm not saying I'm happy with the current situation, but we've got to be realistic about our history. 

so basically.... The man City of Tier 3 and Tier 4,,,

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I hope you're right!  My position isn't really about LJ or the potential relegation, these things happen, I'd rather the relegation didn't though.  It's the disconnect and fan apathy I'm finding most concerning. 

The main problem is the potential relegation imo. The post above yours says about SL's experience and yes he has plenty but in a football perspective he doesn't seem to of learnt much. He keeps making poor decisions. Fair play he wants a long term goal and strategy and he's placed his faith in LJ but i would love to know what he's seen in him because i can't see anything at all . He's chucked all his eggs in one basket and it just stinks of nepotism. I would love someone to explain what the hell he has going for him as a manager 

3 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Ok - so the fans choose a really objectionable character who is passionate in the "Johnson out" camp.  That would waste time, and I doubt it would represent fairly, the views of the "fans" who will have many and various opinions.  Customer opinion can be ascertained in many ways - and just imagine if you were running a railway company and you had someone like Bob Crowe on the board as staff representative.  It would be interesting but I doubt if it would be helpful!

I don't think Bob Crow is available anyway!

Archived