IGNORED

20Man / Mark Ashton (Merged)

RT's Vaseline Tub

1 minute ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Every caller scathing that we've lost our identity under "Bristol Sport"

Ashton was offerere live char or even come to your place for a recording this morning Geoff advised but he declined even though its his job to be held accountable.

MA is old news mate.. seems LJ wins a game and we pass the blame on. There was an interesting advertisement yesterday "real fans follow there team when ever" how many real fans we got?

6 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

MA is old news mate.. seems LJ wins a game and we pass the blame on. There was an interesting advertisement yesterday "real fans follow there team when ever" how many real fans we got?

There's following blindly and there's wanting the best for the club, two different things.

Until we have board level fan representation there will always be a disconnect.

8 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Didn't you hear, poor little ashy washy woo woos was probably too tiredy wired, as the poor little mite ran thirteen miles yesterday afternoon

Either that or he's a bit of a slimy corporate type who's swerved a tricky situation 

i'll go for the second option

Personally, I'm not too sure why MA comes in for criticism. 

I was under the impression he was tasked with leading the team responsible for finding players, getting deals done for them, moving on players deemed surplus, and overseeing the corporate aspect of the club. (Apologies if I've got his role wrong).

As far as I'm concerned, MA has delivered on his duties. I don't think he is responsible ultimately for sacking the manager, I believe that still falls under SL and JL?

12 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

Just to add how much does this feel like OUR club, or do we just support SL's?

Starting to feel like I'm blindly supporting a rich Sheik's racehorse at the moment.

2 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Personally, I'm not too sure why MA comes in for criticism. 

I was under the impression he was tasked with leading the team responsible for finding players, getting deals done for them, moving on players deemed surplus, and overseeing the corporate aspect of the club. (Apologies if I've got his role wrong).

As far as I'm concerned, MA has delivered on his duties. I don't think he is responsible ultimately for sacking the manager, I believe that still falls under SL and JL?

I agree with you, he has delivered.

MA is LJ's boss so you'd think he could sack him but we all know, nothing happens without SL sign off!

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

There's following blindly and there's wanting the best for the club, two different things.

Until we have board level fan representation there will always be a disconnect.

Then therewill always be a stand off between us as fans and a manager when he don't win games?

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I believe Ernie Arathoon is a fan?

1. He's a fan, not a fans representative.

2. When did we last hear from him?

3. When did he last have a discussion with fan groups?

I honestly don't know on points 2 and 3, so maybe someone can enlighten me i case I've missed it.

1 minute ago, BCFChayden said:

Then therewill always be a stand off between us as fans and a manager when he don't win games?

I'm talking a professional at board level, making sure there is due diligence and more transparency.  I'm not talking about whinging because we got dicked 4-1 at Colchester.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

1. He's a fan, not a fans representative.

2. When did we last hear from him?

3. When did he last have a discussion with fan groups?

I honestly don't know on points 2 and 3, so maybe someone can enlighten me i case I've missed it.

Hes probably not allowed! You could argue steve Lansdown does his best to interact with the club. How often should we have fan interaction from the board?

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hes probably not allowed! You could argue steve Lansdown does his best to interact with the club. How often should we have fan interaction from the board?

We should have fan representation on the board, that's my point!  When SL 'wrote off' the debt he'd built up he diluted the share holding of all those fans that held some.  It's at that point he should have structured it differently imo.  He wants the best for the club but without fan representation we're just supporting a rich mans football club because it's called BCFC.

This is why when people compare the BS model to Barcelona it really gets me pissed.

28 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Didn't you hear, poor little ashy washy woo woos was probably too tiredy wired, as the poor little mite ran thirteen miles yesterday afternoon

Either that or he's a bit of a slimy corporate type who's swerved a tricky situation 

If 13 is too taxing for him then stick to ten k's....What was his finish time I wonder.

I really don't see the need for him to go on.

It's just not helpful now. 

We know where we stand, SL is behind LJ and they've said that in interviews several times.

Right now, surely the focus is on staying up? The club knows the stakes.

The inquisition can happen at the end of the season, because if we go down, it's already too late for questions. 

3 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Or, you know, radio Bristol didn't give enough notice? I don't know many CEOs that don't have full diaries 'quite' far in advance.

"Geoff, can you tell the fans I have a prior engagement but I could make next week"

2 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Or, you know, radio Bristol didn't give enough notice? I don't know many CEOs that don't have full diaries 'quite' far in advance.

Or ones who are full of shit. 20man also offered to go to him and pre record a item . He must have felt it wasn't important enough .

33 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Every caller scathing that we've lost our identity under "Bristol Sport"

Ashton was offerered a live chat or even come to your place for a recording this morning Geoff advised but he declined even though its his job to be held accountable to the current situation WE find ourselves in.

This whole "we've lost our identity under Bristol Sport" is just such a lazy criticism which wouldn't even get a mention if we weren't fighting relegation.

I'll post my list again if I have to!

6 minutes ago, cityboy said:

What is he looking for even more expensive players for next season who won't get a game after LJ doesn't love them anymore? I suspect he is not busy with job offers.

20 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I think it was the right move for him not to go on tonight. Everything he says will have been scrutinised and it's not the right timing after a fairly positive turn of results over the last few games.

Two words why he should be on the Twentyman show tonight.....................John Pemberton.

Why the secrecy?? 

Can the truth hurt that much............,

Archived