IGNORED

Chelsea v Man U

Super

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Clear sending off.

If every challenge is now deserving of a yellow card, then it was indeed a clear sending off.

Yellow was for persistent fouling by Utd which has been true, the second yellow was within a matter of seconds of the previous foul. The only thing is it happened to be Herrera again, any other player and yes its a yellow.

Also anyone feel its a bit cheap that league reds also apply to cup games? I'm sure Utd are delighted Ibra doesn't have to miss an extra league game and have him for trying to get into the champions league where as Bournemouth being out miss Mings for all league games.

Well said by the BBC guys (not Neville) the ref had just given the Utd players a talking to about persistent fouling and 2 seconds after restarting play Herrera makes a stupid, late tackle, as said its a yellow card for stupidity knowing he's already on a yellow. 

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If every challenge is now deserving of a yellow card, then it was indeed a clear sending off.

Exactly this. The second one was nothing more than a routine foul. A yellow for that means a yellow every time a player commits a foul, so any player commiting two fouls in a game would be sent off and every game would finish with five a side.

If the red is for persistent fouling, it's unfair to punish one player for a collective offence. Ref should use common sense, speak to the captain and warn the players - rather than ruin a game people have paid good money to watch.

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Clear sending off.

Bollox it was, would he have gone down like he did with similar contact in the street?, of course not so the dive was shamelessly for effect and nothing else but hey job done by another so called professional.

The ref should have booked Moses for a clear dive trying to gain a penalty and Conte should have been sent the stands when remonstrating with the 4th official after yet another Chelsea dive.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Exactly this. The second one was nothing more than a routine foul. A yellow for that means a yellow every time a player commits a foul, so any player commiting two fouls in a game would be sent off and every game would finish with five a side.

If the red is for persistent fouling, it's unfair to punish one player for a collective offence. Ref should use common sense, speak to the captain and warn the players - rather than ruin a game people have paid good money to watch.

He did, the foul 30 seconds earlier he then spoke to Smalling and a few others more than likely warning them if it continued they would be getting booked, like said before it then just happened to be Herrera. 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Bollox it was, would he have gone down like he did with similar contact in the street?, of course not so the dive was shamelessly for effect and nothing else but hey job done by another so called professional.

The ref should have booked Moses for a clear dive trying to gain a penalty and Conte should have been sent the stands when remonstrating with the 4th official after yet another Chelsea dive.

Braindead from Herrera.

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yellow was for persistent fouling by Utd which has been true, the second yellow was within a matter of seconds of the previous foul. The only thing is it happened to be Herrera again, any other player and yes its a yellow.

Since when were yellows given for persistent team fouling though? It's not rugby! Herrera's challenge had nothing to do with Jones' before so should be treated in isolation and shouldn't be a yellow in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, NottsRed said:

Since when were yellows given for persistent team fouling though? It's not rugby! Herrera's challenge had nothing to do with Jones' before so should be treated in isolation and shouldn't be a yellow in my opinion. 

Looking at the foul in isolation, late and no chance of winning the ball, designed to stop Hazard playing. When you're on a yellow already you just don't make those challenges to even give the ref something to think about.

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

He did, the foul 30 seconds earlier he then spoke to Smalling and a few others more than likely warning them if it continued they would be getting booked, like said before it then just happened to be Herrera. 

Fair enough - didn't see that. Even so, the second foul in isolation was a harsh card in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, hodge said:

Also anyone feel its a bit cheap that league reds also apply to cup games? I'm sure Utd are delighted Ibra doesn't have to miss an extra league game and have him for trying to get into the champions league where as Bournemouth being out miss Mings for all league games.

Yes agree, should make yellows, competition specific, e.g. 2 yellows, miss next game in that competition.

16 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Theatrical it was, which we all hate about modern football of course, but it was still a cynical foul. If I was Mourinho I'd be ranting at Herrera, not at the referee in this case.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I Kante believe he just scored that!

I'll see myself out :ph34r:

You Kante indeed...

42 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well said by the BBC guys (not Neville) the ref had just given the Utd players a talking to about persistent fouling and 2 seconds after restarting play Herrera makes a stupid, late tackle, as said its a yellow card for stupidity knowing he's already on a yellow. 

If you can get a Yellow for stupidity, then our lot are in deep shit :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think worst in 30 years is a vast exaggeration but like you is amusing to see them hanging on in 6th.

Yea you could be right, they were terrible under Moyes and Van Gaal tbf.....long may it continue

Archived