IGNORED

Come on Brentford and Fulham

citywest30

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How do you know we need another 4 wins in 9 games? Have Blackburn's results already been decided?

And if we're terrible and struggling to for wins - which of course we are - then Blackburn, with a mere one point more from 37 games - must also be struggling.

We need one more point than three other teams. Stop creating rules that don't exist about how many wins we need.

Blackburn haven't lost since mowbury took over that's 6 unbeaten and it's based on 50 points for survival . I'm not creating anything it's called being realistic. 

4 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

If anything happens in the summer I think it'll be an experienced head bought in along side him...

Horrible thought, lets hope not.

If a manager/coach has floundered as disastrously as LJ has this season then he isn't up to the job and needs to be replaced, not propped up.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Blackburn haven't lost since mowbury took over that's 6 unbeaten and it's based on 50 points for survival . I'm not creating anything it's called being realistic. 

They've won only 2 of those games and drawn their last three - not exactly ripping up trees. We actually have more points than them over the last three games.

You stated categorically that we need 4 wins from 9 games. There's no way we can know that's the case.

1 hour ago, Bantry Banter said:

What the freck do we care about other sides on a night when we are back in the relegation places!!! 

We weren't when I posted that..! 

Also, there isn't much else to do than comment on other scores in tonight's games. 

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Horrible thought, lets hope not.

If a manager/coach has floundered as disastrously as LJ has this season then he isn't up to the job and needs to be replaced, not propped up.

With their relationship mate I really can't see him going anywhere

12 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

70 minutes into Cardiff, we were playing absolutely fine, defensively solid until Little gave away a needless penalty, that's not tactical. Reading, our confidence shot team had a ridiculous penalty awarded against them after about ten minutes against one of the highest teams in the division. Derby we drew due to Tom Ince's dive. Newcastle... well, we were 2-0 up with Wilbraham up top on his own, that was a fantastic result regardless.

When you're out of form and low on confidence, constant individual mistakes and poor refereeing decisions have an effect.

Reading @ home?  I thought we threw away a 3 goal lead at Derby and MT misses an open goal to kill the game off completely (not really just down to TI diving...). Newcastle away, 2-0 up, granted a decent point but Blackburn have beaten Newcastle home & away this season.  Struggled to beat Rotherham (who are basically a pub team), fluked a win against Wigan and could really have lost against Burton if yer man Dyer doesn't somehow contrive to miss an open goal from 2yds.

I don't dispute for a minute that individual mistakes and poor refereeing cost us through the season, as they do for ALL teams in this division.  But a club record no of losses in a row, low confidence and (frankly) s**t form haven't been addressed and we continue to have a manager who doesn't know his best team, formation etc....and that fills a lot of us with dread for the remaining games of the season.

Getting something out of the Huddersfield game on Fri?  Like the Newcastle game, it would be a bonus.  But Christ, we really shouldn't be in this position.

As some want to point to our recent, say 6 games improvement in form, as a guideline to say we will not be relegated, and indeed we have performed better than a few clubs on a downward spiral. Sadly though, in our last 9 games we have to play 6 sides that are in the top 10 of form over the same benchmark. 

It is imperative we beat Blackburn.

SL has decided he would prefer relegation this year, he has a double coming with the rugby. Our relegation lies at his door, he appointed a totally inadequate head coach, and has for personal ego reasons decided to ignore the evidence. Why such a seemingly intelligent man has done this only he can answer for. Maybe he needs to move on himself as the pressure has clearly clouded his judgement. Far from being the solution SL has become the problem. How sad is that, and for someone as poor as LJ. 

I believe the relegation battle will go to the wire, the Blackburn game key. But our club lies in tatters, in the game we are seen as a joke, and fans are feeling devoid of any hope or leadership and a lost connection with the club. 

Has there ever been a finer example of the King's Clothes ? Steve Lansdown you are in the altogether . 

58 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I agree, but I wouldn't say that one poster calling Friday a 'bonus game' amounts to 'excuses already being laid for defeat'.

We have more points from the last three games than Blackburn. If we could keep that up for the remainder of the season we'd be safe. Will we? **** knows. You don't know any more than me, or Lee Johnson, or the tea lady.

We essentially just have to hope we can be better than one or more of the teams immediately around us over the next 9 games to bridge the gap.

What else can we do? It's in our hands so to get hung up on another sides game in hand seems to me to be losing sight of the bigger picture, which is that if we go down, it's down to what WE have (or more specifically haven't) done.

Hear hear

7 minutes ago, BCFChayden said:

With their relationship mate I really can't see him going anywhere

You may well be right, if so continuing depressing times for everyone connected with the club on the horizon.

If decisions of this magnitude really are made on sentiment towards an individual we are at a disadvantage to all our rivals and will very likely suffer the consequences.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You may well be right, if so continuing depressing times for everyone connected with the club on the horizon.

If decisions of this magnitude really are made on sentiment towards an individual we are at a disadvantage to all our rivals and will very likely suffer the consequences.

The always say never go back whether he was a player or not. It was a stupid appointment, his dad managed here yes well done to him we moved on, LJ was shite as a player and ain't learnt anything being a manager. We're just the unlucky ***** who wanted him

52 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They've won only 2 of those games and drawn their last three - not exactly ripping up trees. We actually have more points than them over the last three games.

You stated categorically that we need 4 wins from 9 games. There's no way we can know that's the case.

But they have only lost 3 games this year (and won 4), we have lost 6 (and won 2)   so they have lost half the number of games we have and won twice as many as us in 2017... so they have more momentum than us. 

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In which case he'll get what he deserves IMHO

They all need to get what they deserve but at the moment my team are still in with a good chance of staying up so if their here so be it

the other advantage is we got 5 home games and 3 away hames

2 hours ago, samo II said:

With respect; you're very keen to slag off anyone concerned that we might be going down, but have you honestly seen enough from the last run of games to think we're getting out of the trouble we're in?

Realise laying into your fellow fans is much easier than acknowledging we've been run into the ground since November to the point we're now in the relegation zone with under ten games to go, but not sure it's called for.

At no point have I said that I'm not concerned, of course I am. It's obvious that we're in serious danger of going down and that current form doesn't exactly point to us comfortably surviving. I'm certainly no happy clapper/head in the sand/whatever else, I'd have dispensed with the manager 2 months ago and can't quite believe he's still here. However it's pretty obvious that he's going nowhere for now.

My earlier post was out of line, so for that I apologise. However I won't apologise for finding the constant, crushing negativity from certain sections of this forum to be extremely tiresome, along with the kneejerk reactions to any setback, no matter how small. I doubt there's anyone amongst us who's anything other than unhappy with the current situation and if the worst happens I think a lot of peoples' trust in the club and the owner will be seriously damaged, possibly irreparably in some cases, however some have given up the ghost already and don't get bored of letting everyone else know it. I just find that a bit much when it's in nearly every thread.

7 hours ago, cynic said:

No.

If we do its a bonus.

Typical over reaction on here - like saying Wolves are safe, "we have to aim for Burton now", etc etc etc etc etc. 

9 games left not just the one - including Wolves and Blackburn.

I was going to say just this. We can't over play Friday. Losing that won't change much as it's probably the other 8 games where we're more likely to pick up points. If we lose, we lose. Move on as a group to the next one.

A win or even a draw would bring much needed points but I can already see what this forum will look like if we lose:

We're down. We're relegated. LJ out. MA/SL are a (insert chosen insult). I don't want to have to go to Gillingham/Rovers/Bradford etc next year.

It will be a fun place

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How many wins in 10 ??

You missed that out 

(Draws won't keep us up btw)

Hoping we won't find out whether you're right or wrong literally with that statement but in theory surley you can see you could be wrong. A draw in each game would get us to 47 points. If two other teams fail to get 47 points then a draw a game would keep us up. 

You seem intent tonight on making some very definite statements that can't be proven.

6 hours ago, JHAGa said:

70 minutes into Cardiff, we were playing absolutely fine, defensively solid until Little gave away a needless penalty, that's not tactical. Reading, our confidence shot team had a ridiculous penalty awarded against them after about ten minutes against one of the highest teams in the division. Derby we drew due to Tom Ince's dive. Newcastle... well, we were 2-0 up with Wilbraham up top on his own, that was a fantastic result regardless.

When you're out of form and low on confidence, constant individual mistakes and poor refereeing decisions have an effect.

a individual mistake by a Wigan player cost them 2pts and a bit of luck for Flinty gave us all the points;

Blackburn have twisted on their manager and we haven't; SL`S STUBBORNESS to do likewise is quite likely to cost us dear when it comes down to it.

As said elsewhere SL/MA/LJ AND CO ME/MYSELF/AND I, wont be too bothered neither will they be too concerned in the drop in season ticket sales, we will re-build the project next season.......or the one after............

13 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I was going to say just this. We can't over play Friday. Losing that won't change much as it's probably the other 8 games where we're more likely to pick up points. If we lose, we lose. Move on as a group to the next one.

A win or even a draw would bring much needed points but I can already see what this forum will look like if we lose:

We're down. We're relegated. LJ out. MA/SL are a (insert chosen insult). I don't want to have to go to Gillingham/Rovers/Bradford etc next year.

It will be a fun place

We move on to the next one....a fav LJ saying; we are very far from a group in fact we are completely split down the middle; we are running out of "next one games" and have been on a record breaking run of crapness.

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

We move on to the next one....a fav LJ saying; we are very far from a group in fact we are completely split down the middle; we are running out of "next one games" and have been on a record breaking run of crapness.

From the evidence I've seen I'd say we're very much a group. The players seem to be in it together. Celebrating together when we score. Playing for the manager most games. I accept we are running out of games but can you seriously say we'd be relegated if we lose on Friday. It's not a must win game. It's a game it'd be nice to win in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

From the evidence I've seen I'd say we're very much a group. The players seem to be in it together. Celebrating together when we score. Playing for the manager most games. I accept we are running out of games but can you seriously say we'd be relegated if we lose on Friday. It's not a must win game. It's a game it'd be nice to win in my opinion.

From the evidence I`ve seen, SL should have swallowed his pride and got rid of LJ mths back and LJ`s throwing Pembo under a bus to save himself was terrible; SL will continue to rule this club un-opposed until he gets bored with it,.......together............never seen it so ripped apart in 50yrs and there has been some bad moments.

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

From the evidence I`ve seen, SL should have swallowed his pride and got rid of LJ mths back and LJ`s throwing Pembo under a bus to save himself was terrible; SL will continue to rule this club un-opposed until he gets bored with it,.......together............never seen it so ripped apart in 50yrs and there has been some bad moments.

That's a different topic for debate. Seeing as SL didn't sack him and decided to back him I'm now just concentrating on the games left and the battle for survival.

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

At no point have I said that I'm not concerned, of course I am. It's obvious that we're in serious danger of going down and that current form doesn't exactly point to us comfortably surviving. I'm certainly no happy clapper/head in the sand/whatever else, I'd have dispensed with the manager 2 months ago and can't quite believe he's still here. However it's pretty obvious that he's going nowhere for now.

My earlier post was out of line, so for that I apologise. However I won't apologise for finding the constant, crushing negativity from certain sections of this forum to be extremely tiresome, along with the kneejerk reactions to any setback, no matter how small. I doubt there's anyone amongst us who's anything other than unhappy with the current situation and if the worst happens I think a lot of peoples' trust in the club and the owner will be seriously damaged, possibly irreparably in some cases, however some have given up the ghost already and don't get bored of letting everyone else know it. I just find that a bit much when it's in nearly every thread.

On that I agree.

I do however think in the immediate aftermath of evening like tonight, I can understand if there is a little more wailing and gnashing of teeth than usual; as (and I'm sure you would agree with) seeing us slip back into the relegation places without our own team being able to influenced things is frustrating in the extreme.

I have taken a 'minibreak' from here outside of match days/important evenings like tonight currently due to the relentless negativity, but that doesn't mean I don't fully understand the cause of it, and I'm sure you do too.

Realistically I think it is between us and Burton for third bottom. I think Burton could get 9 more points, looking at their fixtures. Meaning we need 12 to catch them. With LJ dug in for the run-in I don't have much hope we will improve form enough to get them. So I am bracing for L1 next season. No way will I renew my ST until I know either Johnson is gone or we miraculously escape relegation.

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Have to agree with all of that. For the 1st time in 40 years, I find myself seriously questioning whether I will bother next season. Its not just the results for me, (I was there in 82 which was far worse in div4) more importantly it is how BADLY the club is run. From senior management (Ashton) down it is blatantly obvious, they do not give a sh#te about the fans. Pembo sacking was just Midget trying to deflect attention. Ffs! 

SL has done a lot financially for the club, but his ability to entrust the running of the club is under question - again. The Bristol Sport concept just is not working. 

A VERY BADLY RUN CLUB!

Archived