IGNORED

THIS TIME NEXT YEAR THERE WILL BE JUST ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL

Jurassic

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

There's a few non-league clubs that have merged together. Outside England wasn't PSG formed from a merge between 2 clubs, circa the 70s?

In England (but a long time ago) Torquay United and Ellacombe merged to form Torquay Town, Torquay Town then merged with Babbacombe to form Torquay United 11 years later. Not the most recent, but an odd one.

Rushden & Diamonds was a more recent merger of two non-league sides I believe?

I seem to remember fans of Irthlingborough Diamonds being very pissed off that their town name wasn't kept.

51 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Rushden & Diamonds was a more recent merger of two non-league sides I believe?

I seem to remember fans of Irthlingborough Diamonds being very pissed off that their town name wasn't kept.

That's right, '92. 11 years later they had got from the Southern League Midlands division to what is now League 1!

Clearly the op is in the know and the simple reality is that fc bristol will be our club next season playing in red and white quarters and managed by darrell clarke with lee johnson as director of football.

Fantastic a new dawn where all of bristol are united with just one aim 

To avoid relegation from the championship next season

On 14/03/2017 at 17:47, Offside said:

Hang on, it could be true. Both clubs have "Bristol" in the name. Both have worn white shorts. Ellis Harrison or whatever his name is went to a City match. Maybe the merger has been underway for years and we haven't realised it. 

Or maybe not.

We once wore blue too.........

On 3/14/2017 at 16:12, Jurassic said:

This is how it's going to pan out................City relegated, Rovers miss out on playoffs. Secret talks held and SL announces Rovers and City to merge under the Bristol Sport banner. New name will be AFC Bristol. Team to play at Ashton Gate. LJ director of football with Hollowhead brought in as head coach. Could happen.........take a look at Rover's facebook page; almost identical to City's. The merger has already started in secret.

I totally agree.  I was talking with my pet hamster yesterday and he said heard from someone ITK that this was absolutely definitely going to happen.  Although what I heard was that games wont be played at Ashton Gate.  From 2018/2019 all home games will be played on the moon.

1 hour ago, fishy said:

I totally agree.  I was talking with my pet hamster yesterday and he said heard from someone ITK that this was absolutely definitely going to happen.  Although what I heard was that games wont be played at Ashton Gate.  From 2018/2019 all home games will be played on the moon.

I heard this too. Apparently Wally`s already started building the new stadium on the dark side where no-one can see it so it can be revealed to the media in a blaze of glory when completed.

Archived