IGNORED

W11 & W17 (etc?)

The Original OTIB

Other than the Atyeo and certain seats in W11 & W17, is anyone else being told to move by B.S.? According to what I've been told, my good seat is going to children bearing flags and other young supporters participating in pre-match and half time ceremonies. There are perhaps 250 unsold seats at the front of these stands yet they are still moving paid up season ticket holders in higher placed seats with better views. Does that really ring true to you? They also state as follows:

"these decisions were taken to improve the matchday experience for junior supporters".

So screw the old 'uns. I have absolutely nothing against the kids, but surely that is what a Family area is for. In any case, as stated, there are more than enough unsold seats at the front to accommodate parents and children involved in ceremonies.

From Rachel Lemar: Dated 10th March 2017:

I'm writing to you with regards to 2017/18 season cards, which are due to go on sale from Monday, March 20th.
Over the past few months we have undertaken a wide-ranging consultation programme, aimed at reviewing what
supporters have made of their first season in the fully redeveloped Ashton Gate Stadium.
As part of the consultation, we sent an email survey to season card holders, we engaged with a variety of supporter
groups and held our regular meeting with the Fan Advisory Network.

With regards to blocks W11 and W17, in which you are currently situated, it has been decided that these blocks will
be partially allocated to our group experiences for the 2017/18 season. This includes our young supporters that
take part in pre-match and half-time flag bearing, as well as the pre-match guard of honour, which I'm sure you
have seen previously at games.

Unfortunately, due to these changes we will not able to offer you the renewal of your current seat for the 2017/18
season. You will be able to choose an alternative unoccupied seat from Monday, March 20th , ahead of the
renewal period, or alternatively you could wait until Monday, April 3rd when season card reservations are lifted and
purchase a seat that becomes available at that point. A member of our Supporter Services team will be in touch
with you shortly to discuss these options and assist you with renewing your season card.

Some other changes that you may be interested in is our pledge to improve the offering for young supporters and
their families on matchdays. The family area for the 2017/18 season will be located in the Lansdown Stand upper
tier. The previous blocks, S25-S27, will instead become the singing section for 2017/18, as we look to move all
supporters into three home stands (Dolman, South and Lansdown), leaving the Atyeo Stand solely for away fans.
Additionally, following supporter feedback, we will also be rewarding loyalty by including PLUS membership —
which usually costs £20 per person — for free to everyone who renews during the advanced sales period. PLUS
membership offers 15% discount on food, drink and merchandise at the stadium and two £10 guest tickets for a
specified game during the 2017/18 campaign, plus much more.

Full details for season cards in 2017/18 will be released in the next seven days, but I thought it was important to
contact you in advance to keep you in the picture about our plans for the next season.

THE so-caled UNOCCUPIED SEATS (AROUND 250 IN W17 AND W11 and perhaps 50 more in the lower central blocks) AT THE FRONT COULD GO TO THESE KIDS OR BETTER STILL PUT THEM IN THE FAMILY SECTION - FOR THAT IS WHAT IT IS THERE FOR! I paid near £1,000 for 3 seats. Why the hell should I be moved when there ARE options. Typical B.S. B.S.

22 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

? People ARE being moved FROM W11 & W17. FACT - for the reasons stated above.

There were people mentioning this a few days ago, and your right the reason given was for match day juniors, kids to sit in those areas. I will try to find the thread.

19 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

From Rachel Lemar: Dated 10th March 2017:

I'm writing to you with regards to 2017/18 season cards, which are due to go on sale from Monday, March 20th.
Over the past few months we have undertaken a wide-ranging consultation programme, aimed at reviewing what supporters have made of their first season in the fully redeveloped Ashton Gate Stadium.

During this consultation our Board and corporate clients have become quite concerned at some of the riff raff that have managed to acquire tickets in the West Stand this season

In addition Lee was quite upset when on occasions some bigger boys have shouted at him from the West Stand

There was also an extremely unsavoury incident involving a painted bed sheet

As a result we have decided to try and ensure no riff raff infiltrate these areas in future

Corrected for you ;)

14 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Thanks, but they only state what I already know. There are 100's of seats in the front 5 to 10 rows of W11, W17 AND W16. Why not put the kids and parents there? Why move paying season ticket holders?

Because they can.

And they don't give a shit. More revenue in the coffers I'm afraid.

I have the same letter, I posted in the other thread about it. Follow up call to City and we were told that we can't move up to top stand as the whole top tier is for families. We could move in to existing seats that are not taken or we can wait to be thrown in with everybody else after the time period for renewals has lapsed and pick a seat then. 

1 minute ago, collier said:

I have the same letter, I posted in the other thread about it. Follow up call to City and we were told that we can't move up to top stand as the whole top tier is for families. We could move in to existing seats that are not taken or we can wait to be thrown in with everybody else after the time period for renewals has lapsed and pick a seat then. 

Which is clearly discriminatory and gives us no benefit for our commitment. Thrown under the bus...

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

That's well planned they bring out renewals during the international break and only give two weeks to renew your current seat ( if I read that correctly) when we don't know what league we'll be in. 

I wont be renewing until I know what league we're in and if junior is in charge. 

One for a different thread. This is a specific issue about certain seats in W11 & W17, thanks.

any comment re: the Letter Dolly?

I've sent your message round the other FAN members, which is where the season ticket proposals were first discussed. We weren't told that these blocks would be affected too, at least not that I can remember. This is a change to what we were told. 

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

So do I; there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to do this.

Nothing will get sorted. If they have gone as far as sending out letters then their minds are already made up. What I dont understand is that they make the top tier family section and then turf out lower tier season ticket holders to accomodate more young supporters. I realise they are flag bearers etc etc but they are young and fit and could easily get up and down before the game and at ht.

3 minutes ago, collier said:

Nothing will get sorted. If they have gone as far as sending out letters then their minds are already made up. What I dont understand is that they make the top tier family section and then turf out lower tier season ticket holders to accomodate more young supporters. I realise they are flag bearers etc etc but they are young and fit and could easily get up and down before the game and at ht.

Even more importantly there are plenty of seats in the  front rows that are NOT ALLOCATED already. Why can't they go there? Something smells about this.

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I've sent your message round the other FAN members, which is where the season ticket proposals were first discussed. We weren't told that these blocks would be affected too, at least not that I can remember. This is a change to what we were told. 

Thanks for that Dolly. This is an absolute disgrace since they ablsolutely CAN be accommodated elsewhere (front of lower blocks or in the FAMILY zone).

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I got the same letter and had it confirmed by Gareth Torpy at BS....it really stinks, particularly as your bods don't seem to have known about it Dolly !!

27 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Even more importantly there are plenty of seats in the  front rows that are NOT ALLOCATED already. Why can't they go there? Something smells about this.

See my 'corrected for you' post above

Was slightly tongue in cheek but may have some element of truth 

Seems bizarre to use seats in our 'Premier' Stand for children

Couldnt they have part of the  Atyeo ?

Use them as a 'buffer zone' between the away fans and say the Dolman

That last bit was a Joke btw

Do not know the reasons for this, but moving season ticket holders at the moment and asking them to renew - well, would have to be a bloody good reason for me not to get annoyed if it was me.

Would it kill them to offer those affected first dips on any not renewed elsewhere, even if just for a couple of days?

Basically there "offer" is an inferior seat or take your chances with the rest in open season. How on earth is that a way to reward a season ticket holder? 

I've spent thousands on City over many decades. This is a kick in the teeth. Yes: encourage kids and get them involved but THERE ARE OPTIONS. They are on a freebie. They can sit in the seats at the front.

Basically there "offer" is an inferior seat or take your chances with the rest in open season. How on earth is that a way to reward a season ticket holder? 

I've spent thousands on City over many decades. This is a kick in the teeth. Yes: encourage kids and get them involved but THERE ARE OPTIONS. They are on a freebie. They can sit in the seats at the front.

Hardly inferior seats. If it's only 5 rows back from where you were previously sitting it's no big deal. These kids are the future supporters of the club and should be invested in and involved on a match day. And they do have to pay but at a group rate. 

Your opinion seems to be a bit short sighted and you really need to look at the bigger picture.

10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I take it you are not being moved? It is indeed inferior; How on earth do you know where I currently sit in order to make that assessment? There are plenty of seats in the front rows that are currently not allocated and there is a family section tailor made for them. There is no need to move anybody.

Well you told is what block you are in so that gives away where you sit. There's not a bad seat in that stand let alone block.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to   Work out that these kids need to be near the front of the stand etc for ease to get to tunnel etc to wave flags etc. The upper landsown  wouldn't be suitable for that. 

People need to adapt to change and stop being so selfish , you have 27,000 seats to choose from now don't begrudge a few hundred tickets to kids who are helping create a atmosphere and hopefully be the future of the club.

And no I'm not moving, I sit in block e31 dolman have done since 1989, but would happily move for something like this.

Archived