IGNORED

"Relegation I won't allow that to happen"!

cheshire_red

22 hours ago, 1953 said:

Go to this site, pick the bottom 6 or 8 teams and predict the outcome. Have done it more than once and the only thing I'm certain of is that it's going to be very close indeed.  http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php

Thanks for posting the link. Quite a lot more interesting than the old BBC one.

My bottom 7 are:-

CITY - 49

WOLVES - 48

FOREST - 48

BLACKBURN - 44

WIGAN - 43

BURTON - 43

ROTHERHAM - 20

I am surprised Burton ended up where they did.. one can only predict based on factors of form, manager, match and then pop a win, draw or loss in. I think City are already showing an upward trend in form and this will continue but only because the players want it and have enough in the tank.

17    Wolverhampton    46    -10    50
18    Blackburn             46    -14    49
19    Birmingham          46    -22    49
20    Burton Albion       46    -16    48
21    Nott'm Forest       46    -16    47
22    Bristol City           46    -14    44
23    Wigan                  46    -18    39
24    Rotherham          46    -63    17

I think I might suffer somewhat from negative bias regarding my own team. I didn't factor in Warburton at Forest and a possible upturn in form there and I've got Rotherham not picking up another point for the rest of the season which is improbable.

It's looking a bit grim but as we know, football's a funny old game.

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just think this game last year was no more than a  drink in the sun, and celebration of sorts. 
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you (the old) Lee Tomlin :clap:

Johnson seems amazing at coaching the talent out of good players... 

10 hours ago, citywest30 said:

Wow. I know you include an 'I think' but you still seem pretty sure about a series of events that have a massive amount of different permutations.

Could I borrow your crystal ball when you're done please. I'd like to know whether the wife will be pleased with the birthday gifts I've got her?

I wasn't saying we would or wouldn't be relegated.  I was pointing out that the last 4 games at the Gate were crucial.  Given the points per game ratios of the sides, we need 50 points to be sure of staying up - teams tend to pick up more points in the last few games than usual too.  Games versus mid table teams who have less motivation etc...I would prefer Birmingham to be safe when they play us..

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:52, CotswoldRed said:

He's a businessman. He's used to talking unsubstantiated bs. 

"won't allow" doesn't exist in sport. It's a competition. 

It pisses me off when people come up with bollocks like 'we wont allow relegation to happen' . Who the **** do these people think they are FFS? The moment our ex chairman spun us the 'Relegation isn't an option' line, I started looking up places like Alfreton on the map.

34 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It pisses me off when people come up with bollocks like 'we wont allow relegation to happen' . Who the **** do these people think they are FFS? The moment our ex chairman spun us the 'Relegation isn't an option' line, I started looking up places like Alfreton on the map.

can you post the directions may come in handy

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 20:03, Cheesleysmate said:

Trust me. They ARE coming. In their droves!!!! They have been waiting for this party day since relegation from the football league. I am hearing this daily as their EXCITEMENT mounts with every nail that is fired into our coffin. Directly or indirectly.

Someone better phone the Cross Hands and tell them to put a few extra boxes of bog roll in the loo then. I heard they ran out last time the GHS came in droves.... TAXI!

21 hours ago, Bcfc24 said:

Steve Lansdown also said at Wolves away in a talk he did in walkabout last time we went down that he 'would do everything in his power to keep us up' more bullshit 

He aint doing anything, him and MA are certainly not leading from the front/rallying support, seem content to keep their heads firmly buried in the sand, really believing when we go down it wont matter as we will come back, as the project allows for ups and downs. We as customers can do what we like, they will not lose any sleep over it.

11 hours ago, screech said:

Not sure how anyone can truly believe we will suddenly find 4 wins when we have only managed that in five months of trying.

Blind faith?

Seriously though this is exactly the issue, I admire a lot of the optimism but the realist will look at our performances and results and see that we've won 2 games, both against the ONLY two teams below us and both only by a single goal. There is nothing in the last three months that would suggest we're going to go on to win 4 of our last 7 games, I mean that's a 57% winning average, our current winning average over the last 3 months including the two wins over the only teams worse than us in the league is 15%.... 

I love Bristol City, I love the Championship but I honestly don't see the two being together next season, it's back to League One and with a manager who won't gain us promotion, so strap in for the long haul, it's going to be a bumpy ride as per usual!

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Blind faith?

Seriously though this is exactly the issue, I admire a lot of the optimism but the realist will look at our performances and results and see that we've won 2 games, both against the ONLY two teams below us and both only by a single goal. There is nothing in the last three months that would suggest we're going to go on to win 4 of our last 7 games, I mean that's a 57% winning average, our current winning average over the last 3 months including the two wins over the only teams worse than us in the league is 15%.... 

I love Bristol City, I love the Championship but I honestly don't see the two being together next season, it's back to League One and with a manager who won't gain us promotion, so strap in for the long haul, it's going to be a bumpy ride as per usual!

I heartily agree with this.

Yes; results can change the mentality of a side, and I hope the Wigan win spurs us on.

But it isn't 'negative' to point out that it was the exception for us to take three points, not the rule.  And as you also point out; opportunities for scrappy wins over sides below us will be in short supply the remainder of the season because... well, there ain't any other sides below us just now!

Last season I remember us having some ups and downs on the run to safety, but when we encountered the 'dead-&-buried' Bolton at home, we smashed the living daylights out of them.  Equally, when we met similarly placed MK Dons, we knocked them for a brace on their own patch.  It felt like we could save ourselves then.

This year, we only just edged past both Rotherham and Wigan (and have won no other league games this calendar year), yet we think we can turn it around in similar fashion (and it'll need to be in even more spectacular fashion, thanks to our position and that of our rivals)?

I hope we can, but hope is all it is.

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

He aint doing anything, him and MA are certainly not leading from the front/rallying support, seem content to keep their heads firmly buried in the sand, really believing when we go down it wont matter as we will come back, as the project allows for ups and downs. We as customers can do what we like, they will not lose any sleep over it.

SL clearly continues to put his money where his mouth is, but I suspect he sees the rugby club as the easiest means of glory, so despite all that has been said, I wouldn't be surprised if his priorities will be on the rugby club going forwards because its a whole lot cheaper to get a rugby club challenging for European honours than it is sustaining a second division football team.

He ****** up there of course, but can see prem rugby again in 2018.

On 15/03/2017 at 08:53, Souchez said:

Will you all promise to cheer up a little if we beat Huddersfield on Friday ,I actually think we will surprise them and win ,I've not even started drinking yet either ! 

So ... how is everyone feeling today ? 

Archived