IGNORED

Wes Burns, Derrick Williams and Ayling..

Lew-T

Will all be having a rise smile on their faces. Fleetwood amazingly are in second place and have a great chance of leap frogging us, with Wes Burns at their disposal. 

Derrick Williams potentially sending us down at Blackburn and Luke Ayling pushing for the premier league. It's as if the whole league is laughing at us

Well done Lee and co, bravo. 

Would they have a 'wry smile'? Aside from Ayling, I don't think there's any bad blood necessarily.

Ok, Burns didn't get much of a chance under LJ and perhaps didn't really like him but was happy to move I think. Williams too. 

Players move all the time, not every single player who leaves here will be determined to get one over on us forever more. 

Whilst you also have the likes of Scott Wagstaff, Kieran Agard, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas... there are players we laud whilst here that move on and do nothing as well.

SC kept his League One squad together after promotion. Gary Johnson didn't. The list of players who get promoted and then don't get a look in the for the first-team afterwards is long.

Wes Burns & Luke Ayling could just as easily be jettisoned by their respective clubs if they do get promoted and end up back lower than they are now. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would they have a 'rye smile'? Aside from Ayling, I don't think there's any bad blood necessarily.

Ok, Burns didn't get much of a chance under LJ but he was happy to move I think. Williams too. 

Players move all the time, not every single player who leaves here will be determined to get one over on us forever more. 

But it so often feels like they do!

Ask Cunningham and Kodjia!

1 minute ago, tommy_b said:

Whilst you also have the likes of Scott Wagstaff, Kieran Agard, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas... there are players we laud whilst here that move on and do nothing as well.

The frustrating thing about JET is that he could be very good in this league I think. In terms of natural ability he can be excellent but just doesn't have perhaps the right mentality or professionalism.

Wagstaff and Agard are probably at a more comfortable level.

8 hours ago, tommy_b said:

Whilst you also have the likes of Scott Wagstaff, Kieran Agard, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas... there are players we laud whilst here that move on and do nothing as well.... 

21 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Nicky Hunt, Tony Dinning, Baz Savage....the list goes on.

Oh how we could use them now.

Just not sure what for.

Wasn't there someone else.  Mickey something?  No, can't remember 

9 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Baldock, Freeman and Fredericks the list goes on. Weird how they all seem to improve once they leave.

Baldock is scoring more goals in a much better team which is no surprise.

Fredericks was here 2 minutes so how you can tell he improved is lost on me.

Freeman less clear cut but was playing ok before he left.

You may have an argument but I don't think these examples prove it.

10 hours ago, tommy_b said:

10 hours ago, tommy_b said:

SC kept his League One squad together after promotion. Gary Johnson didn't. The list of players who get promoted and then don't get a look in the for the first-team afterwards is long.

Wes Burns & Luke Ayling could just as easily be jettisoned by their respective clubs if they do get promoted and end up back lower than they are now. 

'SC kept his League One squad together after promotion. Gary Johnson didn't'

basso Orr Carey McCombe Mcallister Fontaine LJ noble were mainstays of the play off team a year after promotion, Enoch and Wilson also played a number of games, so not sure this is quite true.

Ah hindsight.....you wonderful thing.

Come on there's a whole plethora of reasons that a player leaves a club. Why is it always 'well done City you ****** up again'?

In the case of Freeman for example, he was offered a new contract and turned it down, at that point you sell or let him go for free in the summer. I can imagine the uproar if we had let him leave for free after turning down money for him a few months earlier.

Many of the players mentioned on this thread (if not all) weren't guaranteed first team football at the club so went somewhere where they'd be playing regularly. It's surely not a surprise then that someone playing week in week out will get themselves goals/assists etc.

As much as people don't want to hear it, we simply aren't a big enough club in this league to stop a player's head being turned by an offer from elsewhere. Not all of them can be 'one of our own' and for the more talented ones (read Kodjia, Heaton etc) no one can blame someone for wanting to advance their career and earn more money.

In recent weeks it feels like everyone's menstrual cycles have synced on here, so dozens of posters are tired, emotional and hormonal at the same time. All the time

Get a tub of Hägen Daaz, take some paracetamol and watch some Bridget Jones before posting 

53 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Baldock is scoring more goals in a much better team which is no surprise.

Fredericks was here 2 minutes so how you can tell he improved is lost on me.

Freeman less clear cut but was playing ok before he left.

You may have an argument but I don't think these examples prove it.

Stats don't back that up.

Baldock has barely scored 1 goal per 5 apps. at Brighton and has scored only 11 goals this season despite Brighton being so successful.

He's 4th in their list of scorers this season.

No big loss to City with only 18 goals in 86 appearances since he left.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Stats don't back that up.

Baldock has barely scored 1 goal per 5 apps. at Brighton and has scored only 11 goals this season despite Brighton being so successful.

He's 4th in their list of scorers this season.

No big loss to City with only 18 goals in 86 appearances since he left.

With respect - that's absolute rubbish.

Look at the goal we conceded vs Brighton where all the plaudits (understandably) go to Sidwell. 

Analyse that goal then ask yourself why Baldock is so important to Brighton.

Fantastic player who brings so much more than goals to the table. No big loss?!

I'd love to see he and Tammy playing together, they'd be an absolute menace. Baldock doesn't give defenders a seconds peace or time on the ball for 90 minutes and Tammy would be there time and time again to punish the mistakes. 

Archived