IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

RedM

They should make an announcement around whether LJ will indeed be in charge for next season whichever league we are in, that would help our decision making process as it's a definite to renewal after a couple of decades being ST holders if it's a yes!

As per, the club have come out with the usual rushed info.

PLUS membership, doesn't, hasn't and didn't cost twenty quid to renewable season tickets. It was only chargeable to new season tickets.

So that falsehood should be removed.

It also says 'make sure your details are up to date' - with no instructions on how they would like you to do that.

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I have just sent the following email to Bristol Sport.

"You really must be joking to try and get us to buy season tickets before we know whether one or both clubs are going to be relegated. I've supported City and Bris since 1950 and the performances on the pitch this season have generally been abysmal.

At least Bristol have appointed a coach with some recognised ability and respect from the supporters with some hope that even if relegated, a quick return to the Premiership is a reasonable probabilty. 

But the reign of the incompetent and seriously inexperienced Johnson which seems likely to continue unabated for the next four years, leads me to believe that even if you gave me a free season ticket, I wouldn't want to use it. 

Thank you for killing my enthusiasm for the weekly visit to Ashton Gate. I think that I will enjoy walking the dog a lot more than this year's offerings."

Get a reply?

I doubt it. They don't give a shit.

27 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

How can you judge "the value" of the prices until you know which league City will be in?

Simple.... Championship, not bad value, League One (which looks more likely atm), poor value.

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Looks great value for the kids.

In terms of cost it is. In terms of what you actually get for your money I'm not so sure.

I'm happy to renew all 4 of ours and use the finance option. What I don't want are seats where we'll all have to squint or watch the "action" on the big screens. 

There's indication that Family Area includes A2. Where's that? Can't see it on the plan?

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

In terms of cost it is. In terms of what you actually get for your money I'm not so sure.

I'm happy to renew all 4 of ours and use the finance option. What I don't want are seats where we'll all have to squint or watch the "action" on the big screens. 

There's indication that Family Area includes A2. Where's that? Can't see it on the plan?

A2 is the disabled area at the front of W7 in the Lansdown upper.

2 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

If LJ stays the i can see our averages next season looking about:

Championship: 13000

League One: 11000

FWIW I won't be renewing unless we stay up and LJ goes. Even then it's not really tempting after the last few months. 

What about go down and LJ goes?

Each to his own...but if I have to shell out the best part of £900 to retain our pair of seats whilst we are in the middle of a relegation battle I'll give it a miss. It's a significant proportion of our family budget and I can't justify spending it to watch League One football. 

At which point, given our seats near friends may well have gone, I'll be thinking about Forever Bristol Membership and POTD, as we did a couple of years back.

26 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

How can you judge "the value" of the prices until you know which league City will be in?

Where getting a Season Ticket is concerned, I don't care about the division, I care about the manager and style of football. So for me, the real issue is judging value without knowing if Johnson will still be in charge. Sadly City have made it impossible to make a sensible decision prior to the season ticket deadline, and I know many others who will also wait until they know if we have to put up with LJ.

With that said, a badly photoshopped Milan Duric sliding down Park Street wasn't much incentive anyway. At what point did the club become so amateur on so many things. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but attention to detail and quality tells me even the marketing team didn't feel they had much to shout about this time round. The whole thing screams half-hearted with expectation of poor response.

Whilst I appreciate they are in a difficult position, I don't see why they couldn't release 2 price structures - Championship / League 1.

I noticed that potential relegation is pretty much the only subject not covered in the FAQ's aswell. That would have helped.

I'm still confused about what advantage there is to signing up early.

Apart from possibly losing the PLUS membership.

No reference is made that signing up early will ensure you get the best price and that prices will increase after that renewal period expires.

With that in mind, I don't really see (apart from retaining a particular seat) what the advantage is in buying now. 

No price best price guarantee.

It's a gamble as to what division we will be in.

And if we do go down, there will be seats a plenty.

Important dates by the looks of it:

STC sales start:

March 20th - five day window of opportunity for those wishing to relocate from Ayteo and family corner

March 25th - April 3rd - opportunity to renew current seat ST

April 5th - Monday 10th April - opportunities for Forever Bristol members 

April 10th - April 21st general sale for advanced bookings of ST

It's quite simple really, if you aren't happy with LJ and you are thinking of not renewing your ST (if you've got one), leave it till near to April 21st (I suspect it will be apparent by then, one way or the other, if we are going down and whether LJ will be staying or not).

Of course if you want to make a sing and dance about it, OTIB is the forum for you.

If. and it's a big if. we stay up I would probably renew. But I'm not paying £530 for L1, football, not only that L1 football under Johnson which is what it will be.
I will pick my games next year, not as though I will struggle to get in is it, 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No reference is made that signing up early will ensure you get the best price and that prices will increase after that renewal period expires.

With that in mind, I don't really see (apart from retaining a particular seat) what the advantage is in buying now. 

You have plenty of time to plan other things on match days!

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

7. Is there a renewal discount price for securing my seat early?

Yes, if supporters renew in the advanced sales period they will get the cheapest priced Season Card.  Prices are likely to increase if purchased outside of the advanced ticket sales period. If you purchase both a Bristol City and Bristol Rugby Season Card at the same time you will receive a 10% discount on the price. The deadline is Friday, April 21st at 5pm. 

Archived