IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

RedM

38 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It's about efficiency.

What if we reduce the price 10% are we going to get an extra 10% attending? If we drop it 50% are we going to get an extra 50% attending? Who makes up the shortfall if the people don't turn up.

IMO if people want to go they will find the money, if people don't really want to go then cost is the easiest way out.

Do you genuinely think that if tickets for Newcastle or Villa were £15 (and the full stadium was open) we would have sold out?

Although you forget that the more people through the gates, the more people are buying food/drinks/merchandise.

In practical terms, what you will see here is no further increase from the published price if we go down - so anyone can then see if LJ is in charge if we do go down, and all they lose is seat choice. If we stay up, expect a further increase.

As for saying they should publicise discounted prices if we are relegated - behave. I don't think any club one point off safety with nine games to go would do that as it smacks of defeatism.

The bottom line is season tickets had to go on sale about now as the club will budget for that revenue stream at this time of year. Unless they'd done a blanket reduction irrespective of division, a freeze was always the most likely price.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

This is a rather odd topic for you to be reading and replying too then! 

Yes but you get the point being made don't you?

It's actually the most effective form of protest when dealing with this particular owner as it's talking a language he understands - money.

His aim is to enable the club to stand on its own two feet financially - so season ticket holders walking away from his business model in their droves is the opposite of what he's trying to achieve.

That sort of protest talks far more eloquently to Lansdown than booing or banners pointing out his chum is vertically challenged.

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

You must be mad! In addition to the 15% off the pies, you can also get in free to watch the ladies (ideal for someone who hopes, one day, to become a dirty old man!) and you can get in free for U23games and keep an eye on our brilliant youth policy. If you miss out on all this it may be a cause of regret because we are due a great season next year!

in fact every third year we get relegated back to Lge 1, we are the Norwich of the Championship :laughcont:

2 hours ago, candygram for mongo said:

Haha, £531 (increase on this season) to watch league 1 football.

don't think so.

Oh, have we been relegated already? I could've sworn we were still in the Championship.

Are you this positive in all aspects of your life? 

Dont bloody buy one if you don't want one.

54 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Superb value for money - I will be among the first to renew!  51st year as a supporter!

Blind leading the blind  . You're obviously so proud of your unblinking loyalty but don't act holier than thou just because people like myself who have also supported for decades ( season tickets included) just won't put up with a complete car crash of a season. It's truely unbelievable that we are anywhere near relegation. 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Blind leading the blind  . You're obviously so proud of your unblinking loyalty but don't act holier than thou just because people like myself who have also supported for decades ( season tickets included) just won't put up with a complete car crash of a season. It's truely unbelievable that we are anywhere near relegation. 

I have witnessed "car crash" seasons before and we seem to have recovered.  The last promotion seasons was one of the most enjoyable I can recall - even with having to watch league 1 teams.  I really enjoy the matchdays and whilst I would prefer to stay in the Championship, I will still watch in League 1.  I feel something is building at Ashton Gate and I hope I live long enough to see it all come to fruition.  I still have happy memories of us in Division I before it because the Premier League. 

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He's happy supporting the club so what does it matter to you? You can moan all you like but why shout other people down for happily supporting the club?

18 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

He's happy supporting the club so what does it matter to you? You can moan all you like but why shout other people down for happily supporting the club?

There are a number of supporters on here who, if you dare disagree with their point of view, will try to shout you down. It really is sad.

5 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

There are a number of supporters on here who, if you dare disagree with their point of view, will try to shout you down. It really is sad.

Yep. Here's one... 

25 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Get lost Gashead / Swinedon numpty / fan of any other club*, your posts are not wanted here!!!! 

*delete as applicable

mr-bean-passport-photo-gif-rowan-atkinso 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Might have a year off and see if i miss it or not.

Hardly frothing at the mouth to give the club more money to waste.

Bloody hell! You can walk to the Gate - I have to drive for an hour each way and find a parking space.  I don't understand how anyone can simply walk away - supporting your club is a bit like owning a dog (literally sometimes!!) - its not just for Christmas!

Might not be a popular view but I think those are some very reasonable prices and given the investment we've had in the facilities and team it's a very good job done by the commercial arm of the club in keeping rises to a minimum.  We've got some fantastic value there for young fans too which is the most important thing in making sure we continue to inch the blue few out of existence.  I have been impressed with the work done on the stadium and the way in which the commercial people have tried to improve things by listening.  No they haven't always got it right and no not everything is to my liking but it's a lot easier to accept that when I can see that they're trying to improve.  I'd like to see the structure of prices and benefits made far simpler but I can live with it because overall it's good value.

The first team results have been shite but that's the football side of the club's fault and nothing to do with the commercial operation which has grown revenue to support more investment in playing staff.  We just need to find a few hundred thousand more to rid ourselves of LJ and we'll be all set.  If we do end up in league one these prices are still not bad considering what we were paying last time we were there - about the same.  I hope the process of actually buying tickets is smoother than it has been in the past, it seems they have over complex systems for managing all of this.

17 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Bloody hell! You can walk to the Gate - I have to drive for an hour each way and find a parking space.  I don't understand how anyone can simply walk away - supporting your club is a bit like owning a dog (literally sometimes!!) - its not just for Christmas!

Whether i can walk there or not is not the point, losing passion, maybe a break might change that.

Its an expensive hobby if youre not enjoying the product, ill probably get one as others say creature of habit. 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It was only a matter of time before Bristol Sport invested in a Quidditch team.

Just a shame that the basketball has got the name 'Flyers' 

Still, there is now a proper role for the Dolman broom. Every cloud.

WHAT!!!!

Where do I sign up? I'm a pretty nifty chaser, not a great seeker but could do a shift as a keeper.

I have a broom and willing to travel.

Will BS be mass producing Butterbeer as this is essential.

Bristol Bludgeons? Bristol Billywigs?

The only time I felt like that was under Pulis, when the football really was bad - but I reasoned that I don't go to watch the manager - I go to watch the team. Managers change meore frequently than most other employees at the club.  Good times tend to come back - it will be a pity if you miss them!  Hope you change your mind and come back back because we need everyone to give the club every advantage.

Archived