IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

RedM

3 hours ago, brad blit said:

They aren't exactly gonna put on this "oh by the way if Lee Johnson takes us down to League 1 we'll drop all prices by 10%" 

Would smack of negativity and we all know how good the Bristol City PR and Advertising team are.... 

End of day I'm a City fan and regardless of what division il still be there, mainly cos Saturdays wouldn't be the same without football

The PR team down there are the worst in the country by a mile , couldn't pick up a mood if they tried , another own goal at the worst time , are they just trying to piss us off , do they think it's funny ?

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

He's happy supporting the club so what does it matter to you? You can moan all you like but why shout other people down for happily supporting the club?

I'm not shouting him down at all I'm just bewildered by the blind support at times. I've followed the club through all 4 divisions as have many others . We have never been in such a good position off the field to progress and I , like others believe we have been so short sighted with regards to the management . Image if SL had backed a youngish manager that had experience of the championship and allowed him to spend over £15m on players , we could be comfortable midtable and really optimistic about the future. But no , SL has put his faith in a friend , someone with no experience of this league and also someone who has achieved nothing at league 1 level . There was nothing to suggest he would be any good at this level. No evidence whatsoever . Imho it's just nepotism keeping him here and I'm really frustrated at what seems to be a very good opportunity wasted.

To see some fans basically saying oh well shit happens here's another £500 without questioning things baffles me. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not shouting him down at all I'm just bewildered by the blind support at times. I've followed the club through all 4 divisions as have many others . We have never been in such a good position off the field to progress and I , like others believe we have been so short sighted with regards to the management . Image if SL had backed a youngish manager that had experience of the championship and allowed him to spend over £15m on players , we could be comfortable midtable and really optimistic about the future. But no , SL has put his faith in a friend , someone with no experience of this league and also someone who has achieved nothing at league 1 level . There was nothing to suggest he would be any good at this level. No evidence whatsoever . Imho it's just nepotism keeping him here and I'm really frustrated at what seems to be a very good opportunity wasted.

To see some fans basically saying oh well shit happens here's another £500 without questioning things baffles me. 

For many of us, City is a huge strand of our lives and I could not imagine a time when I would not look forward to going to the Gate to watch a game.  It is a bit of an addiction and it would take more than a fairly short, duff period, to cure me. I am looking forward to next season, whatever it may bring!  I am still optimistic about the rest of this season - lets hope it works out!

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

For many of us, City is a huge strand of our lives and I could not imagine a time when I would not look forward to going to the Gate to watch a game.  It is a bit of an addiction and it would take more than a fairly short, duff period, to cure me. I am looking forward to next season, whatever it may bring!  I am still optimistic about the rest of this season - lets hope it works out!

As I've stated before it's also a massive part of my life like it is for the majority of us but I've never been so angry at the club for letting this mess happen . Nothing would please me more  BF than to be proved wrong and we stay up and kick on. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

As I've stated before it's also a massive part of my life like it is for the majority of us but I've never been so angry at the club for letting this mess happen . Nothing would please me more  BF than to be proved wrong and we stay up and kick on. 

We all live in hope - but our promotion and double winning season was one of the most enjoyable that I can recall in recent years - so if we have to go through it all again, it might not be so bad - and we have better players now.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm still confused about what advantage there is to signing up early.

Apart from possibly losing the PLUS membership.

No reference is made that signing up early will ensure you get the best price and that prices will increase after that renewal period expires.

With that in mind, I don't really see (apart from retaining a particular seat) what the advantage is in buying now. 

No price best price guarantee.

It's a gamble as to what division we will be in.

And if we do go down, there will be seats a plenty.

The calculation I'm making is that if I get to as many home matches as I expect to attend this season - 16 - then to sit in Block C in the Dolman it's costing me £27 per match...which isn't that far off what it would cost me to buy tickets with the Forever Bristol Membership discount. The only incentive to getting a ST is to guarantee a seat near friends. If we stay up sitting where I want may be an issue, if we go down less so. 

The club, on the other hand, has every incentive to get me to pay up and pronto. Fans invest millions through STs each year. I've been happy to do that in the past as a gesture of support. But when the club seems awash with cash, and seems to be spending it pretty ineffectively, I'd rather keep my hand in my pocket and see what's on offer next season. Hopefully that has the bonus of encouraging the powers that be to serve up something passing for entertainment. If its a cracking season I'll maybe pay more, and be happy to do so.

Now is the time to get your point across without actually doing the club any harm 

Don't renew now and the club will see that figures are massively down and may take some action 

You can then renew if things turn out for the best and the club is better off after all 

I'm not getting a L1 season ticket with Johnson in charge

9 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We all live in hope - but our promotion and double winning season was one of the most enjoyable that I can recall in recent years - so if we have to go through it all again, it might not be so bad - and we have better players now.

It's this attitude I really can't understand . Don't you think by ending up back where we were only two years after that brilliant season would be seen as abject failure ? 

When we were relegated in the late 90's it took 9 seasons to come back up. What if it takes that long again ? 

What makes you think our better players would stay ? Most them will be off like a shot and who can blame them . 

Do you ever look at the team as it's announced and the system we're playing and question johnsons managerial ability or is it just que sera sera ? 

17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It's this attitude I really can't understand . Don't you think by ending up back where we were only two years after that brilliant season would be seen as abject failure ? 

When we were relegated in the late 90's it took 9 seasons to come back up. What if it takes that long again ? 

What makes you think our better players would stay ? Most them will be off like a shot and who can blame them . 

Do you ever look at the team as it's announced and the system we're playing and question johnsons managerial ability or is it just que sera sera ? 

When I look at the team before a game, I realise that I do not know about knocks, injuries, illnesses, loss of form seen in training and the threats that the coaches think are posed by the opposition that we are facing.  Lately they have been getting it mostly wrong, but there were times at the start of the season when it was better.  Why has Matthews not been played (form and attitude) or Djuric (hernia) or Gustav Engvall (not up to the required standard yet) - you get the picture.  Our squad is not ideal at the moment and maybe miscalculations have been made - but I do not see that as a reason to stop watching the team I have followed, man and boy, for 50 years.  Sorry, it would take a lot more than that to stop me wanting to see City.

I desperately want to renew but won't whilst LJ remains in charge, chatting to the group that I go with and all 8 of us are in agreement. Shame but the club refuses to listen to its fan base and this is the only way to make them listen. Massive own goal by our imperious leader.

6 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

When I look at the team before a game, I realise that I do not know about knocks, injuries, illnesses, loss of form seen in training and the threats that the coaches think are posed by the opposition that we are facing.  Lately they have been getting it mostly wrong, but there were times at the start of the season when it was better.  Why has Matthews not been played (form and attitude) or Djuric (hernia) or Gustav Engvall (not up to the required standard yet) - you get the picture.  Our squad is not ideal at the moment and maybe miscalculations have been made - but I do not see that as a reason to stop watching the team I have followed, man and boy, for 50 years.  Sorry, it would take a lot more than that to stop me wanting to see City.

I'm not asking you to stop supporting and you only answered 1 of the 4 parts to my question . I feel as though we're just going round in circles though BF so I'll leave it there. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not asking you to stop supporting and you only answered 1 of the 4 parts to my question . I feel as though we're just going round in circles though BF so I'll leave it there. 

I will renew "come what may" because it is part of what I am.  We are all different - some are more devoted than others.  I have the same view of my wife - it would have been easy to walk out over a burned dinner or a yorkshire pudding that didn't rise - but I always forgave her!

I can't make my mind up if to renew or not but if i do I am moving from the atyeo to the south stand. Can i cancel my order for a new season ticket with a full refund if we get relegated? I might go on holiday instead.  

4 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I will renew "come what may" because it is part of what I am.  We are all different - some are more devoted than others.  I have the same view of my wife - it would have been easy to walk out over a burned dinner or a yorkshire pudding that didn't rise - but I always forgave her!

Like I said we're going round in circles , you just keep reiterating the same things so let's leave it there. 

8 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I think our club is managed and run by idiots. So time to stop attending until it changes.

yes it's probably the only way they will get the message, I do sometimes feel they reckon we will put up with almost anything

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I can understand you continuing to go but this season is the biggest failure we have had in almost 40 years, historical poor results have never been so avoidable.

for me it's the shear arrogance of ignoring the dross that's served up and pure denial that any thing is wrong, couple that with a pr car crash machine it really is laughable and why I'm angry about the whole thing.

the justification of the cost with no cost difference if we play Newcastle or bury is astounding

i know pullis was bad along with many others but at least you knew that when things got really bad he'd be gone, with Johnson he's given more rope than any manager in league football and still churns out horse*hit whilst telling us it's caviar and he could be playing Plymouth next season whilst loitering in 10th and we'd get the same old "well he's learning his trade crap"

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Blind leading the blind  . You're obviously so proud of your unblinking loyalty but don't act holier than thou just because people like myself who have also supported for decades ( season tickets included) just won't put up with a complete car crash of a season. It's truely unbelievable that we are anywhere near relegation. 

I can think of worse seasons than this in the last ten years. Car crashes come with being a City fan, why stop supporting as a result now after all these years of shite?

52 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

As someone said above "bending Over and paying for the Vaseline

Sorry mate but your stance does'nt help. Whilst there are those who think like you that mob at BS3 will continue to shaft us

Stance? It's not a stance it's me supporting the team I've supported for 30 years and no one man will stop me doing that, I'd still be buying a season ticket even if we're in the confrence. Nobody's shafting me I spend my hard earned money on what ever I want.

I think youll find its people who think like you who are the issue. If you don't want to buy a season ticket next year that's fine I don't give a dam, you'll come crawling back as soon as you sniff a bit of success.

Thanks for your unwavering support.

5 minutes ago, SODS_LAW said:

Stance? It's not a stance it's me supporting the team I've supported for 30 years and no one man will stop me doing that, I'd still be buying a season ticket even if we're in the confrence. Nobody's shafting me I spend my hard earned money on what ever I want.

I think youll find its people who think like you who are the issue. If you don't want to buy a season ticket next year that's fine I don't give a dam, you'll come crawling back as soon as you sniff a bit of success.

Thanks for your unwavering support.

well said - if he really looked like his photo I might be a bit more aggressive!

46 minutes ago, B block said:

I can understand you continuing to go but this season is the biggest failure we have had in almost 40 years, historical poor results have never been so avoidable.

for me it's the shear arrogance of ignoring the dross that's served up and pure denial that any thing is wrong, couple that with a pr car crash machine it really is laughable and why I'm angry about the whole thing.

the justification of the cost with no cost difference if we play Newcastle or bury is astounding

i know pullis was bad along with many others but at least you knew that when things got really bad he'd be gone, with Johnson he's given more rope than any manager in league football and still churns out horse*hit whilst telling us it's caviar and he could be playing Plymouth next season whilst loitering in 10th and we'd get the same old "well he's learning his trade crap"

We look at things differently.  I think we are likely to stay up - and if we did go down, SL would chuck so much money st the problem that we would get promoted rapidly.  Either way, next season will be worth watching.  I enjoyed our promotion season and could enjoy another whilst waiting to get back to the Championship.  We have rarely been totally toned this season and the odd goal has cost us dear.  We are not far away.  I always believe!

2 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

We look at things differently.  I think we are likely to stay up - and if we did go down, SL would chuck so much money st the problem that we would get promoted rapidly.  Either way, next season will be worth watching.  I enjoyed our promotion season and could enjoy another whilst waiting to get back to the Championship.  We have rarely been totally toned this season and the odd goal has cost us dear.  We are not far away.  I always believe!

Fair play to you but i just cant see us staying up with LJ in charge let alone getting promoted from L1 with LJ in charge id also like to point out that SL has chucked so much money on the team this season and well look at how that has turned out 

Archived