IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

RedM

5 hours ago, RedM said:

Interesting. The Atyeo singers are going to be the first ones to 'blink' so to speak. Have the club got them over a barrel as if they don't move within 5 days they won't get in the area they are permitted to stand in, which is essential to them?

What happens if they don't get onboard early and congregate in an unauthorised areals?

I will renew but might hold on a bit to make the sweat (not that I think they will be at all bothered). I must say though the reason for renewal is more based on the fact I meet my Dad and mates for pre match beers, which to be fair has been the only enjoyable part of most match days for recent months.

I appreciate that in essence most fans irrespective of what league we are in will support through think and thin, however the thought of league one football gain next years fills me with dread. Okay we might go up again but we've done that numerous times I was hoping with all the ground improvements that we would build a team that could genuinely compete  in the championship and back in sunny September that felt like it was happening.

I'm afraid whilst Lee's in charge I can't see anything but league 1 football next season, at least I will be able to drop below deck when the football is sub standard to fill up on discounted pies and cider. 

Without reading through every post, just to add my bit...

What a crock of shit!!!

Maybe my expectations were unrealistic but with the complete dross served up this season, a manager that the majority of the fan base doesn't want and the route we are going down to become Bristol Sport Athletic, I was expecting a reduction in price.

Time for people to start acting, hit them where it hurts and tell the club to shove their season ticket prices up theirs ass!!!

4 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Oh, have we been relegated already? I could've sworn we were still in the Championship.

Are you this positive in all aspects of your life? 

Dont bloody buy one if you don't want one.

Can you really tell me from deep in your heart, that you can see this incompetent coach saving us from L1?   If so,  tell me why you think he will!

I'm 22, been a season ticket holder since i was 6.  My ticket for center Dolman has gone up £114 now i am a year older. Where is the incentive to renew my ticket ? wheres my free shirt ? wheres my discounted tickets for friends ? what league and quality will i be watching ? 

They are failing to appeal to the next generation of fans regardless of what league we are in. 

4 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Bloody hell! You can walk to the Gate - I have to drive for an hour each way and find a parking space.  I don't understand how anyone can simply walk away - supporting your club is a bit like owning a dog (literally sometimes!!) - its not just for Christmas!

It's not the owning of the dog more the picking up its shit that does my head in.

8 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

I'm 22, been a season ticket holder since i was 6.  My ticket for center Dolman has gone up £114 now i am a year older. Where is the incentive to renew my ticket ? wheres my free shirt ? wheres my discounted tickets for friends ? what league and quality will i be watching ? 

They are failing to appeal to the next generation of fans regardless of what league we are in. 

To be fair, you can't expect young adult prices as you approach your mid twenties.

2 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

I can't make my mind up if to renew or not but if i do I am moving from the atyeo to the south stand. Can i cancel my order for a new season ticket with a full refund if we get relegated? I might go on holiday instead.  

I highly doubt it, although the club could have won a few brownie points by announcing that people would be able to do that, would be a decent bit of PR.

11 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Can you really tell me from deep in your heart, that you can see this incompetent coach saving us from L1?   If so,  tell me why you think he will!

That's the bigger fear, he's so obviously out of his depth that I'm more concerned with him still being in charge if we go down than us actually going down, he collects players like panini stickers, although he's like a two year old sticking them in any old place

i could see us struggling in any league with him in charge 

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It's not the owning of the dog more the picking up its shit that does my head in.

If you love the dog, it is a small price to pay!  I used to change nappies for my kids - don't do it any more and very rarely think of it! We all get past a few local difficulties in time!

• SC&T Board Members
40 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Why not give the South Stand a go: £70 cheaper for you!

While there are always things that we can moan about when it comes to ticket prices, I honestly don't think season ticket pricing for 'next genertation' fans is one of them. £0 for under 12s (with an adult in the family area), £99 (£4 a game) for under 19s across the board, £117 (£5 a game) for under 22s in the South Stand and £261 (£11 a game) for under 25s in that stand are really not bad.

17 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

I agree in part, but a more needs to be done to retain young supporters. At this moment in time I could happily walk away. I will see how I feel on April 21st. 

I think back and my disposal income was probably at it's highest as a percentage of my income when I was in my early 20s.

58 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

If you love the dog, it is a small price to pay!  I used to change nappies for my kids - don't do it any more and very rarely think of it! We all get past a few local difficulties in time!

I think i may have been too subtle .

8 hours ago, Olé said:

Where getting a Season Ticket is concerned, I don't care about the division, I care about the manager and style of football. So for me, the real issue is judging value without knowing if Johnson will still be in charge. Sadly City have made it impossible to make a sensible decision prior to the season ticket deadline, and I know many others who will also wait until they know if we have to put up with LJ.

With that said, a badly photoshopped Milan Duric sliding down Park Street wasn't much incentive anyway. At what point did the club become so amateur on so many things. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but attention to detail and quality tells me even the marketing team didn't feel they had much to shout about this time round. The whole thing screams half-hearted with expectation of poor response.

So that's how Milan got injured then? Given the crappy marketing imagery, It just confirms the fact that we are only customers of a synergetic trans-sports enterprise, ran by uncaring marketing clones, who are just as clueless as LJ.

Do 'Bristol City Football Club' and 'Bristol Rugby Club' still even exist as entities in their own right any more or is it all BS?

46 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not unique to City of course, but a 65 year old paying less than someone in their mid thirties strikes me as a thoroughly outdated concept in 2017 Britain.

Bet you'd stop any heating allowance and make them pay full on buses, then subsidise young high earners eh? Bloody pensioners, living off savings taking money out of the mouths of people in their peak earning years :disapointed2se:

33 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Bet you'd stop any heating allowance and make them pay full on buses, then subsidise young high earners eh? Bloody pensioners, living off savings taking money out of the mouths of people in their peak earning years :disapointed2se:

If you think your average 35 year old has more disposable income than your average 65 year old in 2017, then I'm afraid you are mistaken.

Peak earning years maybe - but I'm also paying an astronomical mortgage on a modest property, raising a young family with associated childcare costs, and my taxes fund the often-generous final salary pensions of the retired generation living in houses our generation cannot afford.

I realise this is not the reality for every pensioner and it is not the reality for every young person - everyone has their own individual circumstances. And I also recognise that those who are much older have not benefitted in the same way as the "baby boomers" now reaching retirement age. But a broad rule like OAP discount should be applicable to a majority, and these days I don't believe it is.

Just my thoughts, and not a criticism of the club, more of a general observation.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/feb/13/pensioners-now-20-a-week-better-off-than-working-households

4 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I can think of worse seasons than this in the last ten years. Car crashes come with being a City fan, why stop supporting as a result now after all these years of shite?

I've stated this so many times I'm getting bored of saying it. As others have said also.  It's not about a bad season or relegation if the circumstances are such that we can't compete. The problem is that it was so avoidable to be anywhere near this mess. Johnson has been given £15m to spend . He's spent it on players he hardly plays and as a whole and as a squad his ineptitude as a coach has actually made us a worse team. 

Can you and everyone else who constantly come out with the saying "we've had worse seasons " please understand that in comparison to the crowds, facilities and financial backing we haven't had worse seasons . 

With all due respect people like yourself and others just trot out the same thing . Surely you can see how shocking Johnson is as a manager and by making a simple change a month or so ago for a competent  championship manager we would be nowhere near being in trouble . I'm making it sound easy but all it needed was organisation, the players are good enough. It's a massive opportunity wasted and it could take years to recover from.  

Plus I will never stop supporting city but if Johnson stays after a relegation I will be having a little holiday. By giving the club more money imo is just rewarding them for incompetence 

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you think your average 35 year old has more disposable income than your average 65 year old in 2017, then I'm afraid you are mistaken.

Peak earning years maybe - but I'm also paying an astronomical mortgage on a modest property, raising a young family with associated childcare costs, and my taxes fund the often-generous final salary pensions of the retired generation living in houses our generation cannot afford.

I realise this is not the reality for every pensioner and it is not the reality for every young person - everyone has their own individual circumstances. And I also recognise that those who are much older have not benefitted in the same way as the "baby boomers" now reaching retirement age. But a broad rule like OAP discount should be applicable to a majority, and these days I don't believe it is.

Just my thoughts, and not a criticism of the club, more of a general observation.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/feb/13/pensioners-now-20-a-week-better-off-than-working-households

What utter bull. The reasons that they appear better off is they still have the concept of saving for things and not putting everything on credit taking a 1000 years to pay stuff back.  Oh and having a TV in every room and sky Q isn't necessary and can save you a fortune,  might even help you pay for your season ticket! :laugh:

BTW I'm not a pensioner but work 50 hour week with a mortgage!

Overall my season ticket in the South Stand (I wish they'd give it a proper name - Wedlock Stand would get my vote) at £15 per game isn't bad. The under-12 tickets are pretty good value, although it's a bit odd that you have to sit in the family section in order to get the free under-12 deal. 

I can appreciate the reasons why many are arguing that relegation should mean lower prices, but I wouldn't like it if a promotion led to a price hike so I can live with paying the same for L1 football as for the Championship.

I don't like the £25 extra charge for paying by monthly instalments,  which seems like one of those "booking fee" type rip-offs.

It would be interesting to see what response the club would get if cheap season tickets like at Huddersfield (and Bradford?) were on offer - especially considering the crap season we have had when as many incentives as possible might be needed for lots of fans.

Archived