IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

RedM

3 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

We weren't a laughing stock before.

And we were a proper club, a real club.

Not now, Bristol Sport FC.

To be honest no-one knows enough about us to be a laughing stock. Half the premier league fans call us Bristol. No-one really knows about Bristol Sport.

Lansdown backing Johnson, as crazy as it is, has actually been praised by a lot of people as it makes a change.

12 hours ago, Rascal said:

Ours don't go on sale until April, mine is £300 for next season, the same price as this season, I sit in the equivalent of half way up in S24 block, cracking value if we're watching young hungry talented players playing 442 attacking football with plenty of power and pace like this season, If we return to type and end up watching negative defensive shite with over paid journey men panic buys then it'll be a rip off. That's the risk you take paying your wedge up front, I think our pricing is just about spot on for Championship and League One football. 

3 hours ago, SARJ said:

There seems o be a big for and against when it comes to season tickets, one side painted as the superfan who goes regardless and the other as traitors for not renewing. That's not the case here.

The way I see it is plain and simple: I love the club and the club is being murdered by inept business leadership and terrible football management. We're looking increasingly likely to be relegated without changing the manager who is largely to blame for a lot of this failure.

If we go down there's no guarantee of success like some have suggested. We'll undoubtedly lose key players whilst keeping the same manager.

Now, if I and 14,000 others renew our season tickets what does that tell our board? It tells them that the fans are happy with the direction the club and it's leadership is going.

Guess what: the majority of fans, even casual supporters, are not happy. If fore-fitting my season ticket for a season ensures that Johnson goes and the board change their way of thinking then that is a huge victory. I do that because I love the club, not because I'm a glory hunter. I don't want to see something I support passionately be ruined from the inside. The only thing fans can do in such times is boycott the club to save it.

Superfans and loyalists crack on, spend your money how you wish, but in my personal opinion not renewing is the only way to save the club right now, as Lansdown, and indeed Johnson, only take notice if bums aren't on seats and coins not in coffers.

So you're the real superfan after reading your post.

Thanks you for saving our club from the clutches of evil. ;)

I must confess to being utterly torn about my season card renewal and feel there is no winner in this situation.  I just know that the 3 people i sit with will want to renew despite hating 99% of this season as much as me.  All are very much Johnson Out.  I would miss the social aspect of sitting with them week in week out and should I decline then attend most or all matches due to a strong promotion push then I would have spent so much more.

On the other hand I feel strongly about how the club has handled matters this season and want to make a statement. Part of me would welcome SC sales of under 10k just to make it clear how unhappy most people I know are.  To proceed with renewal and see sales almost as high would effectively feel as though the club has bent us all over and taken advantage.

The decision would be easy with Johnson gone but that won't happen.  I just know I am going to end up renewing and hating myself for it.  If I do then I just pray we stay up.    If we do and we continue as poorly as we have then I will just hope for Johnsons removal by Christmas as I cannot face another year like this one.

Apologies if this has already been answered. I have 3 young children. According to the announcement, under-12 season ticket is free in the Family Area when purchased with an adult season ticket. As they don't give a price apart from the  £50 quoted for the rest of the ground, am I able to buy one adult season ticket in the Family Area and get three under-12 season tickets for free?

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Cheap prices and high profile advertising are all very well, but show me one person on this forum who has bought a ticket for Bradford as a result?

I'm contemplating it Cyril . Are they more sane past Birmingham?

Well i'm currently in the SS with my son and hoping to relocate to the singing section next season as we both have friends who are currently in the Ayteo. I was a little worried about not getting a space in there but after reading this i think its going to be fine with the amount of people not renewing.

One question though is, i can get ours from 25th March but if i want to get one for my daughter one this year can i get her one from the same date? Or do i have to wait till 10th April and hope to get a seat near us?

On 15/03/2017 at 15:33, Bat Fastard said:

Bloody hell! You can walk to the Gate - I have to drive for an hour each way and find a parking space.  I don't understand how anyone can simply walk away - supporting your club is a bit like owning a dog (literally sometimes!!) - its not just for Christmas!

No but if you are careful it will do boxing day as well .

I have never before contemplated not renewing our season tickets.

The dilemma though is its not just about Bristol City, its the social aspect as well.

But, the good thing about a 27,000 capacity stadium is that even if we are doing well getting tickets wont be much of a problem, pretty much wherever you want them.

I've missed a few games this season due to being away, and probably would next as well.

So for me, renewing season tickets for as long as Johnson is manager, is not even on the radar.

19 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

House value only relevant if you release equity or downsize - in reality the next generation will be inheriting more than any generation before 

For now. Before long the government will be taking a big chunk from estates to cover the cost of Health & Social Care. There is no other obvious way to fund the spiralling costs. Much easier option than upping taxes on the living.

25 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

For now. Before long the government will be taking a big chunk from estates to cover the cost of Health & Social Care. There is no other obvious way to fund the spiralling costs. Much easier option than upping taxes on the living.

The government are synts. Have you seen the new scale costs for Probate?

29 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Possibly , although 

They have just increased IHT threshold for those passing on property in their estate

By 2021 a married couple will have £1 million IHT allowance so not too bad !!!!!!!!!

I've bought a season ticket for every single season since I could afford to (circa '85) and only have missed a real handful of home games since 1980.

However I am seriously contemplating not getting one next season if as I expect, we go down and LJ remains at the club, at a time when I could easily afford to do so.

In reality the possibility of losing diehard fans like me should worry our owner and those who run the club, but in truth I genuinely doubt they give a ****, as comments like "If we go down, I'm sure we can bounce back again straight away" prove.

This is an individual choice thing, so I won't be criticising others if they do buy one, but as someone who was on the terraces midweek at places like Halifax in '82 with far less than 50 others, I'm certainly not listening to any lecture on what a "proper supporter" is.

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I've bought a season ticket for every single season since I could afford to (circa '85) and only have missed a real handful of home games since 1980.

However I am seriously contemplating not getting one next season if as I expect, we go down and LJ remains at the club, at a time when I could easily afford to do so.

In reality the possibility of losing diehard fans like me should worry our owner and those who run the club, but in truth I genuinely doubt they give a ****, as comments like "If we go down, I'm sure we can bounce back again straight away" prove.

This is an individual choice thing, so I won't be criticising others if they do buy one, but as someone who was on the terraces midweek at places like Halifax in '82 with far less than 50 others, I'm certainly not listening to any lecture on what a "proper supporter" is.

Terraces, luxury.

When I went there, it were a mud bank

7 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I am thinking about buying a ticket for the Theatre next month ... no idea what is on but it's only £40 ... You get the drift.  It is cynical selling season tickets without knowing whether the opposition is Sunderland West Ham or Oldham or whoever.  Seriously, would somebody who buys a season ticket in the next week or two come on and say why??  

Because you generally buy a season ticket to watch Bristol City and not for the opposition?

47 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

Because you generally buy a season ticket to watch Bristol City and not for the opposition?

Surely it's a bit of both ? I don't think I'd ever go to a match in the Championship unless it was to watch our club but I certainly like away trips to places like Newcastle and see us play what are almost certainly going to be a Premiership team again next season. I like to see their players and their set up. I like to see how we do against them and see some quality football on offer. Same with the other grounds I've been to this season Fulham, Birmingham, Reading, Villa etc. No we haven't always got the results, and it has been heartbreaking at times but we've gone there as a Championship team and at times looked the part.

Now I'm looking at League One, if promotion and relegation happened today the biggest clubs Sheffield Utd and Bolton would be promoted and the rest of the teams don't fill me with any real interest regarding watching them, or visiting their grounds to see talented opposition or a decent stadium. 

Yes, IF we are relegated we will be the biggest fish in the little pond, but who's to say we will do a Bolton and bounce right back, we are just as likely to do an MK Dons or a Charlton and find ourselves lower end of the table. 

I feel sick at the thought of relegation. I like going to away games but league one again is too soon to stomach.

6 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Terraces, luxury.

When I went there, it were a mud bank

Presumably you were behind the goal?

We took so few in midweek in the first season under Coops (I reckon it was about 30, as the sole CATS coach that went that night was barely half full) that we all went in their rickety stand on the side.

I also have a memory that the players gave quite a few of us comps (Gary Williams, as I recall) so we didn't even pay, but that may of course be a time enhanced memory..

21 hours ago, The_Don said:

So you're the real superfan after reading your post.

Thanks you for saving our club from the clutches of evil. ;)

Yes I will be sat at home in my £50 replica top, complete with sky bet arm patches and some players name on the back, sipping coffee from my Bristol Sport mug watching on Bristol City player

On 3/16/2017 at 12:05, Bristol Rob said:

But equally there will be supporters with disabilities that earn strong money. 

Just don't think it's practical to means-test people based on who might or might not be earning as much as someone else.

Also, I don't believe the minimum wage is different for people with a disability, so there shouldn't be any real difference between someone without a disability and their ability to pay and someone with additional life challenges.

There is a wide financial gulf between somebody who is receiving income support/DLA and the general public. 

Benefits are an assessed need based upon various factors including income (means). 

Just don't think it's practical to means-test people based on who might or might not be earning as much as someone else .. It is not only practical it is extremely easy. All an individual normally does is present proof of their received benefit/benefits e,g A letter from the DSS/DWP. 

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:45, RedLionLad said:

If a lot of fans decide not to renew and we get relegated. Ashton Gate Stadium will echo.

....if that happens where the f cu k are they gonna put all them leftover foot-long hotdogs??

(suggestions on a postcard please to BCFC Ashton Gate BS3) 

PS.. limited space available in LJ's orifice... oops meant office! 

Archived