IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

RedM

12 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

There is a wide financial gulf between somebody who is receiving income support/DLA and the general public. 

Benefits are an assessed need based upon various factors including income (means). 

Just don't think it's practical to means-test people based on who might or might not be earning as much as someone else .. It is not only practical it is extremely easy. All an individual normally does is present proof of their received benefit/benefits e,g A letter from the DSS/DWP. 

Also.......Disabled supporters (wheelchair and ambulant) are allowed one free carer's ticket.

No questions are asked regarding how much income the carer receives.

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

....if that happens where the f cu k are they gonna put all them leftover foot-long hotdogs??

(suggestions on a postcard please to BCFC Ashton Gate BS3) 

PS.. limited space available in LJ's orifice... oops meant office! 

At £5 each, they know where they can shove them !!!!

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Also.......Disabled supporters (wheelchair and ambulant) are allowed one free carer's ticket.

Well done BCFC/Bristol Sport now sort out more flexible access to purchasing tickets for those with disabilities. 

People ultimately vote with their feet when something is wrong. 

There are so many somethings wrong with the club staff and management it's insane. Results have been appalling (historically record makingly bad) and the club want to sell tickets against that background. 

The commercial guys have a hell of a job right now. They are being asked to sell an appalling product with a hugely unpopular front man with the prospect the product quality may very well drop, an issue completely out of their control  

SL better have quite a bit spare to prop this up. Particularly if we go down  

anyway big game tonight. Hopefully the supporters keep giving the massive backing they have all season and the players turn it around despite LJ AND HOLDEN!

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

You may be surprised to know that some carers are not necessarily football fans themselves, but want to ensure that their relative/friend does not miss out on attending matches.  Spending a Saturday trying to find a parking space near the ground, assisting the person out of the car, wheeling them to the ground, helping them to the toilet when needed, then negotiating the wheelchair through the crowds and back in to the car, is not without it's stresses - expecting a non-fan to pay would be a bit much I think.

18 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I am thinking about buying a ticket for the Theatre next month ... no idea what is on but it's only £40 ... You get the drift.  It is cynical selling season tickets without knowing whether the opposition is Sunderland West Ham or Oldham or whoever.  Seriously, would somebody who buys a season ticket in the next week or two come on and say why??  

If you want to watch West Ham, a West Ham season ticket would be the best way to go about it

18 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I am thinking about buying a ticket for the Theatre next month ... no idea what is on but it's only £40 ... You get the drift.  It is cynical selling season tickets without knowing whether the opposition is Sunderland West Ham or Oldham or whoever.  Seriously, would somebody who buys a season ticket in the next week or two come on and say why??  

I will be renewing. It's not about being a happy clapper, it's not about turning a blind eye to the current situation, it's not about being a super supporter, it's not about being critical of those who choose not to. I love football, I support this club and at the end of the day it works out cheaper overall to do so this way. It's a game to be won or lost, I'm gutted we are not doing better. It's now just over 30 yrs since seeing my first City game where Alan Walsh buried a free kick against Blackpool under the floodlights at Ashton Gate and I could be watching us where I started. Unfortunately, that's football.

43 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You may be surprised to know that some carers are not necessarily football fans themselves, but want to ensure that their relative/friend does not miss out on attending matches.  Spending a Saturday trying to find a parking space near the ground, assisting the person out of the car, wheeling them to the ground, helping them to the toilet when needed, then negotiating the wheelchair through the crowds and back in to the car, is not without it's stresses - expecting a non-fan to pay would be a bit much I think.

I know. I'm a carer.

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Actually that's wrong. The club used to charge 180 plus free carer a few seasons ago. Its now double that with a free carer. In other words they now charge 180 for the carer.

3 hours ago, collier said:

Actually that's wrong. The club used to charge 180 plus free carer a few seasons ago. Its now double that with a free carer. In other words they now charge 180 for the carer.

Yes. The Disabled tickets went up in price more than any other ticket.

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thought it was a 5 day window. Hopefully someone can clarify it

Yes it is. I tried to renew my Dolman ticket yesterday, couldn't, so rang the club. 

This week has just been for Atyeo movers. Next week 27/03-03/04 others can renew seats that they already occupy, which are reserved for them. 

After 03/04 and unrenewed seats are released and all remaining tickets go on sale. 

39 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The message is conffusing. Seems deadline is today to renew, which is only 5 days i dont think that is very long at all. 

Pressuring people to renew especially when we dont know what we're getting yet is a bit crap.

Those of us moving about have had to cough up first for the last four years I'm pretty sure. Fingers crossed that will stop in future and we aren't being moved again.

51 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The message is conffusing. Seems deadline is today to renew, which is only 5 days i dont think that is very long at all. 

Pressuring people to renew especially when we dont know what we're getting yet is a bit crap.

You sound surprised.

To be fair it isn't like every year the club announce season ticket arrangements and then spend ages answering questions because their initial communication was so poor....

Oh, wait a minute.

58 minutes ago, bcfcshorey said:

Incredible price, and what football season tickets should be. Seeing this, and Bradfords prices, this whole 'we charge the same as others' mantra isn't exactly true. 

Especially when this could be to watch premier league football. 

Our prices are insane tbh. 

47 minutes ago, Akira said:

Incredible price, and what football season tickets should be. Seeing this, and Bradfords prices, this whole 'we charge the same as others' mantra isn't exactly true. 

Especially when this could be to watch premier league football. 

Our prices are insane tbh. 

I had my first experience of German football a couple of weeks ago, Hertha Berlin v Borussia Dortmund. Hertha's season tickets start at less than €200 I believe. That's to stand on the Ostkurve. Can drink beer at your seat (quality beer, not gnats p*ss) , in an amazing stadium, seeing top quality football and players with a fantastic atmosphere and superb transport links. I know a lot of these points are for other debates but the point is still true that the prices and value for money based on the overall quality of all round experience that us British fans get in comparison is pretty awful. Team's like Huddersfield and Bradford are seeming to appreciate that and are doing something about it and good on them. Hope more pay heed. 

Still, all that said I can't wait for Brentford next week!  

15 minutes ago, lenred said:

I had my first experience of German football a couple of weeks ago, Hertha Berlin v Borussia Dortmund. Hertha's season tickets start at less than €200 I believe. That's to stand on the Ostkurve. Can drink beer at your seat (quality beer, not gnats p*ss) , in an amazing stadium, seeing top quality football and players with a fantastic atmosphere and superb transport links. I know a lot of these points are for other debates but the point is still true that the prices and value for money based on the overall quality of all round experience that us British fans get in comparison is pretty awful. Team's like Huddersfield and Bradford are seeming to appreciate that and are doing something about it and good on them. Hope more pay heed. 

Still, all that said I can't wait for Brentford next week!  

I went to Dortmund a few seasons back against hamburg, and yes, the pricing is incredible. 

Also, found out just before we were about to buy our train tickets, if you have a match day ticket, you can get free travel to the game and back! 

We get shafted, and always seem to make excuses for it (prime example in our case... The stadium cost loads, and we need to pay for it) which is nonsense imo. SL wanted a new stadium to start his legacy. We now have a nice new stadium, with a terrible atmosphere (hopefully that'll change when we move the atyeo lot) and we're facing possible relegation. 

Lower prices and the stadium fills every week. 

On 16/03/2017 at 23:14, oldrosie said:

Because I buy a season ticket to watch the City not the opposition. 

Regardless of who we are playing football to me is a day out rather than just 90 minutes. 

Don't particularly like the management down here at the moment but not getting a season ticket because of that reason would only be cutting my nose off to spite my face.

Archived