IGNORED

Stuck in Nailsea

wendyredredrobin

Used to go to the glasshouse as a teenager, but the regulars could be quite aggressive.  Have vague recollections of the Sawyers though, also from many years ago and my memories are of it being more of a local, old fashioned pub.  But I like decent beer, so am probably going to give it a shot (Which is more than City will probably get). Hoping we can scrape a point from this one, but we really need 3.

I dont know the Moorend at all.

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Is that still there/going? I've not been there for about 10 years now. Used to do cracking doorstep sized sandwiches :) 

Yes, unfortunatly a couple of years ago the landlord passed away but luckily his daughter and her chap have taken it on, even done a bit of renovation work.

Nice food on theme nights etc and obviously the cider is the real deal.

You could go home and watch it with a sky pass - 

Carling have a offer where you get a free days sky sports, so buy some Carling (i know but it's better than nothing) invite some people around and enjoy.

*Free day passes with packs of Carling

You can get a free day pass with promotional packs of Carling in the supermarket.

Not all packs have the offer – it should be clear on the case – but you should be able to pick up on crates larger than 10 cans.

The code will be located on the inside of the box or wrapper, so don’t throw it away! You can redeem your code until 30th June 2017.

31 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Blue Flame is the best pub in Nailsea, a proper pub, in one way I wish I lived nearer, in another I'm glad I don't or else I'd end up being one of the glassy eyed regulars..... :)

It's not actually in Nailsea. It's about two miles out on the Clevedon Moor road or West End Lane if you prefer.

Unless you live within easy walking distance as I used to,the problem is the car.......unless you go with mates with a Des.

The car park is tiny and bogs prehistoric and always reminded me of the Ninian Park  away toilets but it's still a great place for a few pints.

The blue flame always reminds me of this place. Don't go there on a full moon

a relative of mine just planted 80 odd apple trees on the moors somewhere to produce his own cider. I came up with a good name for it, moor cider... "moor cider landlord!" 

7 hours ago, Pound Lane Red said:

Out of interest when did the Friendship cease to be? My parents used to frequent it back in the early 80s. Looked like it had been converted last time I passed by.

It shut around 5/6 years ago. Unfortunately it is now 8 houses. 

7 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

The blue flame always reminds me of this place. Don't go there on a full moon

a relative of mine just planted 80 odd apple trees on the moors somewhere to produce his own cider. I came up with a good name for it, moor cider... "moor cider landlord!" 

Was the New Inn before it was renamed

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

I worked there as Sticker Upper in the Skittle Alley. Years ago was run by the "Black Widow".

Also worked the Queens Head and the Legion.

Didn't Ralph Milne used to run the Queens Head ??

Then went on to become a postman I think before he sadly passed away. Great shame...

28 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

Didn't Ralph Milne used to run the Queens Head ??

Then went on to become a postman I think before he sadly passed away. Great shame...

He did indeed. Not sure about the Postie bit though.

Archived