IGNORED

Disillusioned

I'm currently working in  Canada, not sure what the time is back in the UK, but that isn't really my point.

I've followed city home and away from the mid 70's, was one of many people begging for money in 82 to keep our club alive, but for some reason I have never felt so distant from our club 

Ok the younger element on here will think I'm over dramatic, but I've had a season ticket for over 20 years now, even though for a large chunk of games I'm not in the country, but I've always felt it important to back our local team 

Today I get an email from the club about next seasons prices, apparently it was down to the FAN that the extra charge for additional benefits was withdrawn, so why is our club blatantly lying?

On here we have @AdamB and @Mkelly but between them a large majority of questions in the q and a section are still unanswered, between the fans liaison and stadium manager how hard is it to reply? Is it ignorance or arrogance for not replying?

It costs me hundreds of pounds each game, I'm not worried about this, but when I see such a shit effort now put in off of the pitch why should myself and others bother?

first watched city in the early 70's and have been home and away more times than I can remember.

2017 is looking like the first year I won't renew. Funny because my business were likely to invest in the club next season, but I'm pissed off reading otib about how many fans have been shit on, frankly we can take our six figure sponsorship elsewhere 

Alan

Can you give more detail about the benefits withdrawn?

regarding the q&a, I have had a quick scan and can tell you that most of the questions are answered, those that aren't have usually been answered directly or somewhere else.

I am sorry that you feel that the very large investment in facilities and service off the pitch is a poor effort.  Both myself and Adam turn up to the sc&t meeting once a month in the rising sun. It would be good to see you there when you return from Canada to raise your concerns or pop into the stadium pre match anytime to meet.

Mark 

15 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Alan

Can you give more detail about the benefits withdrawn?

regarding the q&a, I have had a quick scan and can tell you that most of the questions are answered, those that aren't have usually been answered directly or somewhere else.

I am sorry that you feel that the very large investment in facilities and service off the pitch is a poor effort.  Both myself and Adam turn up to the sc&t meeting once a month in the rising sun. It would be good to see you there when you return from Canada to raise your concerns or pop into the stadium pre match anytime to meet.

Mark 

The point is, if they appear unanswered in the Q+A section, that's exactly how fans will see it....unanswered ! So it would be useful for ALL fans viewing that section of the forum if the answers going "directly or somewhere else" were included in the Q+A. Not rocket science really is it ?

20 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Funny how the mention of non sponsorship prompted a response.

Precisely

The club's management really do not get that us older fans feel alienated by the club structure and staff in a way we have never felt before.

Another example of how distant some supporters feel they are from the Club. We're not customers like when we buy groceries at a supermarket or clothes at M&S.

Supporting a football club is a passion that is unlike any other business. Yet we're now being told that we are to blame for the poor on pitch performances, asked to buy season cards at the same price regardless of whether the "product" is inferior in quality next season.

If the management of BS cannot train their staff to charge the right price for a cup if tea, how the hell can they ever get it right for the the only thing that really matters? On the pitch.

We are simply being shat upon in every way possible by our football club. Bitter does not even begin to describe how I feel.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Another example of how distant some supporters feel they are from the Club. We're not customers like when we buy groceries at a supermarket or clothes at M&S.

Supporting a football club is a passion that is unlike any other business. Yet we're now being told that we are to blame for the poor on pitch performances, asked to buy season cards at the same price regardless of whether the "product" is inferior in quality next season.

If the management of BS cannot train their staff to charge the right price for a cup if tea, how the hell can they ever get it right for the the only thing that really matters? On the pitch.

We are simply being shat upon in every way possible by our football club. Bitter does not even begin to describe how I feel.

Agree how has it gone from me following my club all over the country, buying a ST for the first years of The Dolman and going to every home game to.... not bothered if I ever go again. Somebody sort out the mess. :facepalm:

I am always available directly or through the SC&T, FAN or the Senior Reds to discuss any stadium related concerns, I regularly meet supporters pre match to chat through suggestions or concerns.

I feel face to face is more value than a forum topic in getting things done.

Please feel free to contact me direct as many do.  Mark.Kelly@ashtongate.co.uk 

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Precisely

The club's management really do not get that us older fans feel alienated by the club structure and staff in a way we have never felt before.

Oh I think they do. 

But I get the impression they just don't care.

'They'll always come back' seems to be the thinking???

It would appear times and attitudes are changing.

13 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

I am always available directly or through the SC&T, FAN or the Senior Reds to discuss any stadium related concerns, I regularly meet supporters pre match to chat through suggestions or concerns.

What of the appalling treatment of fans in W11 and W17 then?

44 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Hello Mark,

I am still being asked for £2.10 for a cup of tea with dual City/Bris season tickets.

But that is now irrelevant as I've stopped coming to see my football team because it is the worst season I can remember since I started in 1950. I know that does not directly relate to you, Mark, but when we hit the Conference and crowds are around 5,000, you and most of your colleagues on the non playing side will not be working at BS, so it's in everyone's interest to get the club sorted now.

Just remember that City take an average of around seven seasons to get promoted back from League One to the Championship. And we've done three relegations in succession before, back in 1980-82. One of only two clubs to have ever done this in Football League history, so I wouldn't bet against it happening again, would you? In 1979-80 we went from 8th in the old First Division in October 1979 to relegation at the end of that season. Sound familiar?

What will it take for SL to rid us of the incompetent idiot that is taking us on this trip to "Never never Land"?

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Hello Mark,

I am still being asked for £2.10 for a cup of tea with dual City/Bris season tickets.

But that is now irrelevant as I've stopped coming to see my football team because it is the worst season I can remember since I started in 1950. I know that does not directly relate to you, Mark, but when we hit the Conference and crowds are around 5,000, you and most of your colleagues on the non playing side will not be working at BS, so it's in everyone's interest to get the club sorted now.

Just remember that City take an average of around seven seasons to get promoted back from League One to the Championship. And we've done three relegations in succession before, back in 1980-82. One of only two clubs to have ever done this in Football League history, so I wouldn't bet against it happening again, would you? In 1979-80 we went from 8th in the old First Division in October 1979 to relegation at the end of that season. Sound familiar?

What will it take for SL to rid us of the incompetent idiot that is taking us on this trip to "Never never Land"?

No reply?

Archived