IGNORED

GJ heart surgery - card sorted

'Orns

On 16 March 2017 at 17:04, Robbored said:

He's not dead ffs! 

I wouldn't wish heart surgery on my worst enemy so I'll join others in wishing him speedy recovery.

Get plenty of 'I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!'s'and make sure you make a speedy recovery...

edit...o I see, the letter z has been changed...rather kills the not so clever point I was making...

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 15:46, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Get well soon Gazza. 

I had heart surgery myself ten years ago (at the ripe old age of 37!), and two weeks after the op I was sitting in the Dolman watching City beat Rotherham to secure promotion to the Championship. 

Under doctors orders I wasn't allowed to jump up, shout or clap, so I fitted in perfectly. 

did you have a bye -pass? or a stent?

7 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Had an occluder fitted to seal a hole in the heart 

ok. It's just that I had a double bye pass and I couldn't move very well for six weeks and it took me nearly a year to get over it. Have had 11 stents since but I suppose we are all different. P.s. I had the bye-pass in my late 60's

10 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Best wishes GJ. Wasn't it Joe Bryan's Dad who was the surgeon?

Yes - brilliant story. They deliberately kept that quiet until afterwards. Players dad operates on manager s dad, it ought to make the tabloids.

Alan Brian did my surgery in 2008. Had a new valve fitted and a single bypass. During the half hour consultation pre op we spent 25 minutes talking about Joe and 5 mins on me :laugh:. Im stiill around so must of known what he was doing! Stayed in what was known as the Hammond suite. It was where Richard Hammond from TG did his recovery after trying to bury his head in the ground.  Get well soon GJ.

On 19/03/2017 at 23:26, blockbrowt1 said:

Alan Brian did my surgery in 2008. Had a new valve fitted and a single bypass. During the half hour consultation pre op we spent 25 minutes talking about Joe and 5 mins on me :laugh:. Im stiill around so must of known what he was doing! Stayed in what was known as the Hammond suite. It was where Richard Hammond from TG did his recovery after trying to bury his head in the ground.  Get well soon GJ.

I know Alan Bryan from coaching Joe's older brother Tom when I ran a boys team about 15 years ago. Very nice guy is Alan.

Bumped into him a few times over years. He loves talking football......

Archived