IGNORED

Aitor Karanka

Super

One manager I am still surprised is in position is Moyes.

Sunderland are bad if not worse than this stage prior seasons, though their relegation has been coming for a while I guess. Still though they are below Hull and a long way off Burnley! Karanka's sacking looked on the cards without a win in ages but they aren't far off safety. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sunderland are bad if not worse than this stage prior seasons, though their relegation has been coming for a while I guess. Still though they are below Hull and a long way off Burnley! Karanka's sacking looked on the cards without a win in ages but they aren't far off safety. 

Moyes is just the unlucky sod that is taking Sunderland where they've been going for years.  They're beyond help and have been putting off the inevitable for a number of years now.  They would be likely contenders for successive relegations were they to go down IMO.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Moyes is a strange one, he went in there and almost immediately said that they would be in a relegation fight - and that was before a ball was kicked!

If he genuinely thought that why take the job, its not as if he needed the money to pay the bills after his payoff from Man United.

I suspect the owner has been persuaded to let him re-build the club from the Championship when the inevitable happens.

24 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Moyes is just the unlucky sod that is taking Sunderland where they've been going for years.  They're beyond help and have been putting off the inevitable for a number of years now.  They would be likely contenders for successive relegations were they to go down IMO.

Below Hull though, Hull a club in chaos on and off the pitch with a tiny squad. I agree they have been on a downward trajectory for a long time but other managers at least rallied them a bit.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Below Hull though, Hull a club in chaos on and off the pitch with a tiny squad. I agree they have been on a downward trajectory for a long time but other managers at least rallied them a bit.

Hull from January on have impressed me. Good young manager and brought in some quality players. I can see them staying up. 

As for Boro, I get the sacking of Karanka. That isn't all sunshine and rainbows as far as the relationship between him and the board goes. There have been a couple "disagreements" in there. I think their style is asking to go down to be honest. Look at Watford and Bournemouth last season. Attacking sides that continue to play to their strengths. Trying to sit back and get a point here and there isn't going to work and won't endear you to the fans. They've got some good attacking players and should've went for a few more games then they have. 

30 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Hull from January on have impressed me. Good young manager and brought in some quality players. I can see them staying up. 

As for Boro, I get the sacking of Karanka. That isn't all sunshine and rainbows as far as the relationship between him and the board goes. There have been a couple "disagreements" in there. I think their style is asking to go down to be honest. Look at Watford and Bournemouth last season. Attacking sides that continue to play to their strengths. Trying to sit back and get a point here and there isn't going to work and won't endear you to the fans. They've got some good attacking players and should've went for a few more games then they have. 

Oh I'm not knocking Hull Jan onwards- frankly their new coach is working minor miracles there, having to sell Snodgrass AND Livermore, two of your best players, yes they brought a few in but on paper they looked goners. Agree on Karanka too.

35 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Personally I've no idea why people are getting all frothy over Karanka. His team has been negative and under adventurous and when I saw them at the 'Gate' I was totally underwhelmed. 

We pressed them back very well though, the Pemberton revival began that day.

Inclined to agree tbh about some of his tactics, he had a VERY talented side last season, further strengthened in January 2016 but kept winning by the odd goal often. Didn't utilise Adomah or Rhodes to their max either. Still I wouldn't say no to him here in place of LJ!

Archived