IGNORED

Forever 'Bristol' Membership

freezer

Evening all. 

Not going to renew our season tickets. Will take the Forever Bristol Membership option. My/our concern is that these are on a 12 month format so will have to wait until May to purchase and by then we - including Bristol Sport - will all know what league we will be playing in next season. The concern is that with probable reduced season ticket sales for next season that Bristol Sport will 'move the goalposts' and alter the prices/terms or availability of this option.

Want to support next season, just hope that this is still available as it stands.

Thoughts please as I feel that with the present disconnect between club and fans that anything could happen.

23 minutes ago, freezer said:

Evening all. 

Not going to renew our season tickets. Will take the Forever Bristol Membership option. My/our concern is that these are on a 12 month format so will have to wait until May to purchase and by then we - including Bristol Sport - will all know what league we will be playing in next season. The concern is that with probable reduced season ticket sales for next season that Bristol Sport will 'move the goalposts' and alter the prices/terms or availability of this option.

Want to support next season, just hope that this is still available as it stands.

Thoughts please as I feel that with the present disconnect between club and fans that anything could happen.

I think you're over thinking it! Regardless of what division City are in, I see no reason why the membership scheme wouldn't continue. The club get £20 of your money up front and you get a fiver discount on tickets, which is likely to draw you into going to more games. It's good business for both sides. That's the theory anyway. The pricing and discounting may change a bit, but I anticipate the scheme will continue. If anything, reduced season ticket sales might make the scheme even more important to encourage regular support and fill all those empty seats.

25 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think you're over thinking it! Regardless of what division City are in, I see no reason why the membership scheme wouldn't continue. The club get £20 of your money up front and you get a fiver discount on tickets, which is likely to draw you into going to more games. It's good business for both sides. That's the theory anyway. The pricing and discounting may change a bit, but I anticipate the scheme will continue. If anything, reduced season ticket sales might make the scheme even more important to encourage regular support and fill all those empty seats.

Thanks for your reply. I hope the current deal stays the same.

Although paying £20 compared to over £530 will undoubtedly have some effect I feel.

I've had the Forever Bristol membership for the past 2 seasons, and I'll renew mine again. I'm from across the pond, so being able to have second go at tickets is important to me. By the time tickets go on sale, I've already made the majority of my travel arrangements (trains, hotels, etc). It's my most terrifying thought by far that I'll have everything else sorted and be unable to get footy tickets.

9 minutes ago, New2City said:

I've had the Forever Bristol membership for the past 2 seasons, and I'll renew mine again. I'm from across the pond, so being able to have second go at tickets is important to me. By the time tickets go on sale, I've already made the majority of my travel arrangements (trains, hotels, etc). It's my most terrifying thought by far that I'll have everything else sorted and be unable to get footy tickets.

Fair point and I understand your concern. Compared to my doubts yours is obviously of much more importance due to the whole logistical procedure.

Just hope things don't change too much. It would be a shame to drive fans further away from the club.

I hope I receive the same benefits at the same price. Not that I ended up using my membership at all this season, as I just couldn't get my holiday time to line up properly. So I suppose it was more of a charitable donation than anything. 

I've already got my plane ticket for August to see the first 2 games on the season. I'm hoping beyond hope that getting tickets won't be a problem. 

Archived