IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Huddersfield Town Match Day Thread (Merged)

hantsred

1 hour ago, kingswood red said:

Wasn't there some sort of connection between Denis Law and Gordon Low?

They were friends who played in the same Huddersfield youth team. Denis Law went on to better things but they always kept in touch. A couple of decades ago I lived in Huddersfield and went in the Cavalry Arms pub (on the main road to the M62 Junction 24) and saw that Gordon Low was the landlord. He reminisced about his times playing for Huddersfield - and of course playing with the great John Atyeo.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Shhhh Trump's men are everywhere, all over social media init. Mind you this place isn't always social is it !

Just incase, no such thing as global warming ...... there, I think we got away with it.

Oh right Football..... My mate , Huddersfield supporter , has been in touch to meet after. In good LJ style , I got my excuses in early.
Can't see past an away win, might have a sneaky £1 on Tammy first goal and Hudd's to win 2-1 @ 66/1

IMG_1341.GIF

34 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

3 - 2 victory for LJ's City tonight in a classic game that will be talked about and clips replayed time and time on TV football shows for years to come...

It's gonna be a brommer of a match tonight, one not to be missed.

A game that launches LJ on a path leading to a glittering Premiership career before becoming a nationally loved and acclaimed manager of an England team heading for unprecedented international glory and legendary European and World Cup tournament success.

It all starts tonight with a 3 - 2 Bristol City victory over Huddersfield Town... a game incidentally that marks a stunning beginning to Bristol City's rise into the elite of World club football with LJ at the helm on his way to his glorious universally celebrated career as England boss and eventual knighthood.

You heard it here first folks... get yer arses down the Gate tonight, watch history in the making, be a part of it!! :city: 

I'll have some of what you're on .

:clapping:

Curious to see what we do shape wise tonight.

The match at Huddersfield was one of the few occasions this season when we a) named an unchanged team and b) played the much-lauded 4-4-2.

As it happened, we got absolutely played off the park, were completely overrun in the middle and were lucky it was only 2-1.

Truthfully, I'd play both Jens Hegeler and Gary O'Neil in the middle to give us the sort of composure and control needed to beat the high press, but put another runner or two in there with them. Congesting the midfield probably means going one up top, which won't be popular but necessary.

Huddersfield are a seriously good side.

13 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Cos we rarely get thrashed.

Ive said it before, but this is the strangest part of this season.

If a team loses umpteen on the trot and plummets down the table, as we've done, you'd expect there to be a fair few thumping along the way as players lose confidence and panic sets in.

That's not happened to us , and although we've not always played well, there have been a large number of games when we have competed and been in the game only to lose by the odd goal.

10 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Hudds are good but Think we can win. Smith, Oneil and Tomlin will show us the way. COYR!

Given LJ's past record on team selection, they might not be able to show the way if not selected. :whistle: 

3 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

We'll sit too deep whoever comes out of the tombola. We'll be too pedestrian and we'll offer no support to whoever starts upfront. 

Surrender the midfield third of the pitch, no tackling, same old same old.

But hey this is BCFC who knows?.

As usual I expect **** all and that way I can't be disappointed.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I'll have some of what you're on .

:clapping:

Think he's not read the instructions, and has been drinking your squeaky bum oil .

Archived