IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Huddersfield Town Match Day Thread (Merged)

hantsred

A performance that came out of the blue for me. A performance for which I am very grateful. Now you, the players, have shown us what you can do, we don't want any more like the Burton home game. Keep this form going and we'll be safe; relax and think it will now be easy and we'll be back in the mire.

I still want a more experienced Head Coach but as long as the players perform they'll get my support.

A summing up form the Huddersfield forum.

"Defensive lapse for goal, didn't switch on as effectively as Bristol did after Hoggs delay (TV showed Bristol doing drills with Town mostly just milling about during the stoppage)

Mess up again and bad timing of their second.

Played ok in second half, gradually getting into the game, but the third goal (which he's admitted was a fluke) ends it as a competition.

Forget the penalty, ref gave it cos of being mis sighted by Mooy and guessing what happened, but it didn't make a difference.

Same issue we've had all season really....once we need two goals it becomes very difficult given how poor we are at actually scoring goals.

If we're a Championship club next season and Wells gets the move, then we need someone much better than Quaner (who isnt really good enough for men's football....hopefully he can improve over summer) or Kachunga (who has slowly gone backwards over a couple of months...maybe fatigued?) up front,

Not that having Costa up front would have made much difference tonight."

This also:

"Looked as though City were playing with 12. Fitter, stronger, more determined, first to every loose ball, moved it quickly when the had it. 4-0 didn't flatter them, sadly, although they got the breaks for a couple of the goals.
Need to take it on the chin and move on."

18 minutes ago, cynic said:

Fair enough.

It could have been any number of games either way - just highlighting how easy it is to slag off before a ball is kicked.

Is this some kind of joke 

the blokes the owner of the worst losing streak in 120 years

he plays people out of position left right and centre 

plays 1 up front at home against teams who are in disarayy

alienates most of the fan base and your throwing it back like he's  bill shankley

hes open to criticism because of his record not because of what his record might be, one win does not change that

That's more like it. Our first proper performance over 90 minutes for ages and the icing on the cake was another magic moment from Flint for his goal. My kids were delighted because he is still their favourite player.

Two clean sheets in a row is an added bonus.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

**** OFF THERESA MAY

Classy.

3 hours ago, NottsRed said:

Watching an American stream and Tomlin apparently "put away an empty netter".... I can't tell if I love or hate American commentary! 

Definitely not love thats for sure.

2 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Johnson in???????????!!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!?

Nah.

39 minutes ago, cynic said:

The "treatment of Gustav" -  first name terms eh ?

I couldn't give a toss about him - he can knuckle under and show what he's capable of or he can **** off.

Cock.

36 minutes ago, cynic said:

I was illustrating how stupid it is to slag off the selection of the team etc before a ball is kicked.

I thought that would be obvious to an idiot.

Fair game after losing 19 times this season i would say.

Certainly no reason to get your nickers a bit twisted .

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

We should have got a point up there if it hadn't been for Frankies crazy 5 minutes after half time. 

Having said that even someone as positive as me thinks that it will take a performance beyond anything we have seen recently to get anything from this game.

One thing against Huddersfield, their players hit the deck at slightest contact, very annoying.

Oh ye of little faith! :facepalm::) 

4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

that is big but it's not clever!

4 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

On the blackburn forums

"

Yep, seems about right for how our luck goes.

A Huddersfield team that has only lost twice in 18 league games, and those to two good teams in Sheff Wed and Newcastle.

But they're getting tonked by a Bristol team that had only won twice in 18!!

The Championship can go **** itself!!!!!"

pots and kettles!!

Walking along Ashton Road post game I heard the following:

Child- "Guess what I'm going to do when we get home"

Parent- "What?"

Child- "Watch the game again"

Tonight was a great performance, and a very good result, but hearing a young fan so excited after such a terrible run was almost as good. Children can get disenchanted with things very quick when things aren't going well, particularly if their friends all 'support' one of the big clubs.

3 hours ago, AshtonG666 said:

The Wolves and Blackburn games will make or break us now unless we can pull out some more 4 nillers along the way against better opposition 

better? they're supposed to be the 3rd best team in the league! 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Much much better performance and result. Why has it taken so long for those same players to perform how we know they can perform ? Well done everyone. 

They play for themselves not this management team. We will easily stay up but no thanks to LJ, in my humble view; they wanted LJ gone to please us fans and because they simply don't like who is managing them. They failed and now they know they have to stay up. Simples, in my view.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

My Dad always said fans are those who watch from afar whereas the ones that put money into the club are supporters. I always thought he was right.

I like that distinction. 

Does my head in when my son tells me about his Man U supporting friends who have more pairs of red trousers than visits to Old Trafford. 

Scum, I tell thee. 

Archived