IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Huddersfield Town Match Day Thread (Merged)

hantsred

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I like that distinction. 

Does my head in when my son tells me about his Man U supporting friends who have more pairs of red trousers than visits to Old Trafford. 

Scum, I tell thee. 

Ignorance and disloyalty. I believe parents must teach tolerance and loyalty especially for the areal where they are brought up. 

Your son is following in his father's foot steps I trust?

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Ignorance and disloyalty. I believe parents must teach both especially for the areal where they are brought up. 

Your son is following in his father's foot steps I trust?

Of course. Always does as he's told. Like his Mum :P

52 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

They play for themselves not this management team. We will easily stay up but no thanks to LJ, in my humble view; they wanted LJ gone to please us fans and because they simply don't like who is managing them. They failed and now they know they have to stay up. Simples, in my view.

I said before, if we stay up it will be in spite of Johnson not because.
Last night I wondered if the cameras brought out an extra 5/10% , I doubt it was anything new from Johnson after so long but who knows. 
Another thing I wondered recently. We have needed 2 good performing FB's and I asked the question whether this would make that much difference to clean sheets. Last night Joe (is it ok for first names) had his best game for ages and Korey looked liked he'd been playing there for years, and for once we gave the oppoosition hardly a sniff. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I said before, if we stay up it will be in spite of Johnson not because.
Last night I wondered if the cameras brought out an extra 5/10% , I doubt it was anything new from Johnson after so long but who knows. 
Another thing I wondered recently. We have needed 2 good performing FB's and I asked the question whether this would make that much difference to clean sheets. Last night Joe (is it ok for first names) had his best game for ages and Korey looked liked he'd been playing there for years, and for once we gave the oppoosition hardly a sniff. 

Dead right. Unusual to praise the full backs for a 4-0 stuffing but justified last night :)

Reckon Hudson will be feeling a bit down today, he was central to lots of things last night. Was inadvertently the barrier involving the neck injury, showed sloppy control in the lead-up to our first and made a lunge at Joe in the immediate moment before our penalty.

I didn't post during the game last night, as I didn't want to lose my stream, it was a bit temperamental at times and I had to reboot three times,  Still managed to watch most of the game and didn't miss any goals.  Would like to say, well done the boys, I couldn't fault a single player, and Frankie made some good saves too. IMO the injury and the long stoppage worked to our favour, although, I wouldn't wish that sort of injury on any player, I really hope he will be OK.   The boys came out of the blocks and pressed Huddersfield high and didn't give them much time on the ball, if only we played like that every game.  I hope this is not a one game wonder, but we will see, I don't like the fact that it's another International break, as I remember what happened after the last one.  Anyway,  well done the lads for a great win and lets hope results go well for us today.   MOM for me  O'Dowda, kept going for the whole game for a change and put lot's of pressure on their FB   Even so, after this great result, still doesn't change my opinion about Lee Johnson.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 07:20, CotswoldRed said:

Scum, I tell thee. 

You Sir are a credit to all the Fathers in this world. Teach your lad about the world exactly as it is without all the trimmings.

I salute you

:clap:

Not been well,so re ran the game twice today to try and look a bit deeper into what went right in particular

Initial impressions weren't awry and our work Rate was good and unsurprisingly grew as the game progressed and the goals went in

Some other unsurprising confirmations

Korey - great performance , his positioning and composure on the ball excellent

COD work rate and ability on the ball - excellent

Gary O'Neil - some quality touches and vital contributions - his part of a triple harassment and pass into Tomlins feet for the first , his switch of play to DC leading to the second and his shot deflected in by AF

My one slight negative watching the re runs closely was Lee Tomlin. Did excellently for the goal but gave the ball away more than any other player and although he put some fort into closing down on occasions his mobility and energy / fitness shocking in all honesty - Our poorest player on night IMHO

Huddesfield definitely a shadow of the side I've seen previously this season - The bug in the squad , having to play Hudson who was awful , and the injury all playing their part , as most certainly did , our work rate and tenacity 

Will be telling how we perform at Brentford

• Admin
54 minutes ago, ian38018 said:

Hi Folks

I do hope no-one will class this as Spam.  

I am one of those Doing the 92 chaps, and attended my first match at Ashton Gate last week.  Loved it.

I have a few pix 'n' scribbles here, should anyone find this sort of thing of interest.

http://ian38018.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/ashton-gate.html

Thanks

Ian 

Decent read @ian38018

One thing to mention the board with all the captains relates to Bristol rugby who ground share with us

I didn't go to Fulham but as a 90 minutes it has to be up there, if for no other reason than we have rarely performed over 90 this season. 
We were helped by a 'perfect storm' of injuries, illness , poor form and THAT injury, they all went towards an off colour Huddersfield team. Not saying that the performance wouldn't have brought a win, but it would have at least been a lot closer, so the win is a step in the right direction, a sight of what is possible but there is work to be done yet. I think the 'Johnson in', rubbish is a little premature , as someone said one swallow doesn't make a summer (just a good night).
This season is one of , good moments, good halves but rarely good games. We need 3 or 4 more games like this one to make us safe. Then re-evaluate during the summer, try and work out how we lost our way. 
Sorry , gone off at a little bit of a tangent but at least I didn't end up with a Half Man Half Biscuit quote, song or lyric.
:P

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I didn't go to Fulham but as a 90 minutes it has to be up there, if for no other reason than we have rarely performed over 90 this season. 
We were helped by a 'perfect storm' of injuries, illness , poor form and THAT injury, they all went towards an off colour Huddersfield team. Not saying that the performance wouldn't have brought a win, but it would have at least been a lot closer, so the win is a step in the right direction, a sight of what is possible but there is work to be done yet. I think the 'Johnson in', rubbish is a little premature , as someone said one swallow doesn't make a summer (just a good night).
This season is one of , good moments, good halves but rarely good games. We need 3 or 4 more games like this one to make us safe. Then re-evaluate during the summer, try and work out how we lost our way. 
Sorry , gone off at a little bit of a tangent but at least I didn't end up with a Half Man Half Biscuit quote, song or lyric.
:P

No need to apologise, I do enjoy a nice bit of waffle every once in a while!  What are the chances we'll be able to do something similar to Brentford?  The fact they conceded 3 to Burton does suggest their defence is there for the taking:fingerscrossed:

On 3/23/2017 at 15:18, phantom said:

Decent read @ian38018

One thing to mention the board with all the captains relates to Bristol rugby who ground share with us

Thanks for that.  I will correct things.  I did puzzle me why the board stated 1888 to Present, when I was aware City were not formed until a few years later.  I need to be taking more notice.

I does make me wonder what the City fans think of these egg-chasers coming in, and and sticking up their decorations all over the walls of YOUR home?

Regards to all, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Ian

13 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

No need to apologise, I do enjoy a nice bit of waffle every once in a while!  What are the chances we'll be able to do something similar to Brentford?  The fact they conceded 3 to Burton does suggest their defence is there for the taking:fingerscrossed:

If we can put another 90 like the last one, we have a chance of 3 points. The problem is NO ONE expected that performance, yes the stars aligned for us but we were good. Sadly after 3/4 of a season where we could only dream of mediocrity ,then it will take a run of games putting in that sort of performance to make me confident of a win against anyone. I'm hopeful, always hopeful , but confident is another thing.
It will be interesting to see if LJ sticks with the winning team, no injuries and they can't be tired so no excuse really. 

Archived