IGNORED

What a homer of a referee

Fordy62

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought he played advantage but you may be right Glyn

Should have been yellow too - don't think red as there were defenders who could have got back

Not sure mate. Normally the ref holds his arms out to show advantage but I never  saw it if he did. 

Still, who gives a monkeys now!!!

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

From where I was sat it was a penalty. I would of been pissed off if he hadn't.

Agreed, Joey went the complete opposite way he was running when he fell, if he'd tripped over, or was already on his way down he'd have fallen in that same direction however he fell in the direction that the defender was going which was across Joey, a clear push and impossible to simulate.

Great decision and loved the way he let the game flow.

Anyone see how closely he was looking at their player in the first half from the minute he turned to attack the area? He knew he was going to dive so made sure he had a damn good look before waving away the penalty claim. Refs know who dives and who doesn`t and I doubt Joe`s on that list - if it had been Lee Tomlin in the same position I bet he wouldn`t have given it.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone see how closely he was looking at their player in the first half from the minute he turned to attack the area? He knew he was going to dive so made sure he had a damn good look before waving away the penalty claim. Refs know who dives and who doesn`t and I doubt Joe`s on that list - if it had been Lee Tomlin in the same position I bet he wouldn`t have given it.

Is that the one that was a clear foul on the left hand corner of the box? We were lucky there. 

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

If that was a certain penalty, then I would tell Joe Bryan to lose his balance more often!! The defender was stronger than Joe, that's all. Nice for us to get it, but if that was down the other end,  you,me and 17,000 others would be fuming!

When the defender made contact he was running across Joe's path, not towards the ball. 

Deliberate attempt to block him. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Is that the one that was a clear foul on the left hand corner of the box? We were lucky there. 

It didn`t look a foul at the time, just a theatrical dive and the ref had such a good view I thought it couldn`t have been a pen. If the player`s got form though perhaps the benefit of the doubt went our way for once. Was it definitely outside the area?

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Now, I'm not complaining, not least because I've just won £315 on the game, but wow. Haven't seen a referee performance go like that for a long time. 

I'm not saying we didn't deserve a win, but I wouldn't be best pleased with him if I were Huddersfield. 

And you have to start a thread about the referee being 'bent'.

But then you might have more insight to corruption than some others, I will grant you that.:whistle:

You know he was a homer as all of our fans are saying how much he wasn't one !! That's the giveaway.  

We got away with a lot of persistent fouling ...possibly because we spread it out across the team. We also committed lots of 'little fouls ' but they kept possession so ref just played on 

However...I was outraged he didn't give a foul for them taking tammy out but luckily their guy slipped at tomlin ran into score so it didn't matter ! He didn't play advantage though so he obviously didn't think tammy was fouled

11 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Now, I'm not complaining, not least because I've just won £315 on the game, but wow. Haven't seen a referee performance go like that for a long time. 

I'm not saying we didn't deserve a win, but I wouldn't be best pleased with him if I were Huddersfield. 

terrible decision for the pen. thought he was excellent with the two advantages for goals. even the passback with the thigh. fair play on the gamble

2 hours ago, shelts said:

terrible decision for the pen. thought he was excellent with the two advantages for goals. even the passback with the thigh. fair play on the gamble

Yes terrible wasn't it, feel so guilty, should we hand them the 3 points?

It is true we are a soft bunch...

2 hours ago, shelts said:

We've had so many bad decisions go against us. Karma 

Absolutely.

I do wonder that in view of those poor decisions against us in the past that referees due to to officiate City are reminded of the fact that their association had to apologise to our club.

Looking at the penalty on highlights, it looks to me that the defender just runs right across JB, with no attempt to play the ball.

It's one of those that we would bemoan if given against us, but although he pundits described it as soft I reckon a clear cut penalty

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely.

I do wonder that in view of those poor decisions against us in the past that referees due to to officiate City are reminded of the fact that their association had to apologise to our club.

If so RR, then I hope we get apology letters from the Refs Association every week.

53 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Heard a few had the same bet with Tomlin anytime scorer, around 400/1 !

I get a £1 on Tomlin at 3-1 anytime scorer so if the 100-1 isn't photoshopped (I don't think it is but who knows), then the 400-1 looks a reasonable shout.

On 17 March 2017 at 22:35, alexukhc said:

Saw this

IMG_1751.JPG

This is real as unbelievably I went to the pub in nailsea on Saturday got chatting to my mate who works in bet fred in nailsea called Benjamin , this bet was put on in nailsea. There's me questioning it and it was put on in my local bookies! Spooky

59 minutes ago, Spoons said:

This is real as unbelievably I went to the pub in nailsea on Saturday got chatting to my mate who works in bet fred in nailsea called Benjamin , this bet was put on in nailsea. There's me questioning it and it was put on in my local bookies! Spooky

Woooooooooooooooooow :o

23 hours ago, downendcity said:

Looking at the penalty on highlights, it looks to me that the defender just runs right across JB, with no attempt to play the ball.

It's one of those that we would bemoan if given against us, but although he pundits described it as soft I reckon a clear cut penalty

Definitely a penalty. I had a very clear view from my position in the dullmoan.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

A bet fred in Nailsea called Benjamin - I never realised they gave their shops people's names!

Archived