IGNORED

Does this justify the decision to remove Pemberton?

ChippenhamRed

A draw and two wins since he left. If LJ had gone rather than Pemberton and a new man had gone on to achieve the same, we'd have said it proved it was right for him to go. So does this suggest replacing Pemberton with McCallister might, actually, be a good decision?

For the record this is no defence of Johnson - we shouldn't be in this situation in the first place - although I do think he deserves credit for tonight.

14 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A draw and two wins since he left. If LJ had gone rather than Pemberton and a new man had gone on to achieve the same, we'd have said it proved it was right for him to go. So does this suggest replacing Pemberton with McCallister might, actually, be a good decision?

For the record this is no defence of Johnson - we shouldn't be in this situation in the first place - although I do think he deserves credit for tonight.

Well we look more organised and solid at the back since he left...

1 goal conceded and 7 points from a possible 9

No idea, it is all about results, so maybe.

Say this for LJ, who I wanted gone. I thought he sounded very positive before the game, talked about he had the team he wanted and they had plenty of energy. He did deliver on that. Let's see how the next few games turn out, it is a real funny league. Forest have been awful, only beating Brighton 3-0. It feels and smells like a turning point for us, so let's hope and see what transpires.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It justifies the decision not to sack Junior.............

That's a very different claim, I'd say that decision would only be justified if we survive this season and go on to make a play off push next year. Wherever we finish now it represents significant underachievement and not the progress the investment demands.

18 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. We were quick to throw verbal rocks at Dean Holden's head..... Pembo leaves and we don't lose. Coincidence? Maybe. maybe the players were getting mixed messages with the pair of 'em at the Club

I think there's something in this. Not sure two of them doing virtually the same job was ever necessary. 

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That's a very different claim, I'd say that decision would only be justified if we survive this season and go on to make a play off push next year. Wherever we finish now it represents significant underachievement and not the progress the investment demands.

Can't argue with the underachieverment comment. 

Junior got it spot on tonight and the players carried out his plan perfectly.

Everyone involved deserves much credit.

I was chatting to someone the other evening who had some inside info on this, and basically when we got Holden in, it put Pembo's nose right out of joint. No coincidence that things started to go tits up at this point, but it looks like it wasn't Holden who was the issue.

We've actually been pressing the other team and working much harder the last few games, totally different from that Fulham match where we hardly made a tackle. Something's changed for the better. Also improved since we've had the January transfers, in particular Cotts (and Djuric when he was available)

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I was chatting to someone the other evening who had some inside info on this, and basically when we got Holden in, it put Pembo's nose right out of joint. No coincidence that things started to go tits up at this point, but it looks like it wasn't Holden who was the issue.

I thought of this a couple of weeks ago, it makes complete sense and potentially Pembo then became a bad egg in the camp? 

Just got in after a night out . Have been watching first half. Not seen second half yet. What I have seen so far is passion in that side which I would say is far more than I have seen for a very long time. Pembo well I don't no. I thought he was a good fit for us. Now I must say perhaps he could be the reason for us and that loosing streak that has seen us dive down the table. What I have noticed so far tonight though is the Jamie Mac influence on the team. Also out of the corner of my eye who did I see? Scott Murray kit man. Now Dolly Marie can you tell me this. How much influence has he got with team moral. I think he and Jamie Mac could be massive for our club.

Looking forward to the second half now.

Korey Smith is the difference and he's only there because of injury and the rubbish that's been at right back the rest of the season.

We can now play a 4 at the back and have confidence that both sides are covered, Cotts and O'Dowda also provide excellent defensive cover and offensive threat. 

Smith has only just got back to peak fitness, I think we've been unlucky with injuries, although we've been screaming out for a fullback for ages.

Not sure that's Pembos fault, but we need to stop this blame culture a bloody inter web:whistle:

What was driving me nuts - and I've seen others mention it - was how the RB would play really close to Flint and leave acres of space out wide. It wasn't just Little as Matthews did the same. So I believe they were told to do that.

Korey hasn't done that but also Pembo has gone and was apparently the defence coach. So it makes me wonder if he was the one calling the shots on that. What ever the reason is for the change I'm just relieved to see us covering the wide areas properly for a change. DC and especially COD were excellent in that respect last night.

Archived