IGNORED

Korey Smith

SedRA

What a difference Korey makes at RB. Tenacity, pressure, positional sense, tracking, tackling, all brilliant. 

Made us look a lot more solid defensively. Happy keeping him there for now until we can get a proper RB in the summer  

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Thought Joe Bryan & Aden Flint were really excellent too. Them & Smith were more deserving of MOTM for me  

The whole back four just clicked for once. 

Joe Bryan's dad had GJ under the knife !!! Thats what happened :laugh:

36 minutes ago, RedSA said:

What a difference Korey makes at RB. Tenacity, pressure, positional sense, tracking, tackling, all brilliant. 

Made us look a lot more solid defensively. Happy keeping him there for now until we can get a proper RB in the summer  

Spot on,shame we have to have him at right back but what a job he is doing 

Smith did well tonight, but easy to get carried away.

What I like most about him at right back is on the ball.  Gets it under, shifts it to a position where his angles aren't cut out, and confident to knock it into feet and look to get it back...all helped my playing in midfield.  Up against a talented winger tonight.

Back 4 is now settled and it makes a huge difference. 

Korey has been fantastic at RB.

Bryan had a good game and I think it has a fair amount to do with the fact that O'Dowda also had a good game. They were a great partnership down that left side tonight, covering each other.

What I really like about his performance was his constant communication with the rest of the defence. It's been our greatest weakness. Anyone that has played in a back four knows the importance of this simple but essential skill. Simple, keep that back 4 we stay up. His distribution was also excellent. 

When Korey first went to Right Back I thought he was wasted there and could do a better job further up the pitch to support our lone striker. But tonights performance shows just how good he is there, and what a difference a decent right back makes to everybody. The defence is more settled, no longer looking so nervy, Korey can push up allowing the midfielders to cover him or push up themselves and it just clicked.

There was a lot of talk by Barnsley fans saying because of an injury Lee Johnson 'accidently' found a formula that worked as he had to use players didfferently. Maybe Korey's move to right back is our 'Barnsley' moment :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

When I was in Spain pre season. Johnson said Korey smith is a right back option. Apparently played there for Norwich a couple of times. Good move by Johnson 

In fairness there has been a few threads regarding using him at right back 

Here's one and there were several :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

proper right back? maybe what we needed was right under our noses all the time.

9 hours ago, RedSA said:

Keep him at rb......'if its not broken..

50 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Keep him at rb......'if its not broken..

7 hours ago, pillred said:

proper right back? maybe what we needed was right under our noses all the time.

I'd still rather get someone like Darikwa in the summer and free Korey up for CM (and back up RB when needed).

Archived