IGNORED

Just interested

allyolly

9 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

You are the most negative person in this forum ever...

That's one hell of an accolade you've handed me!  

I'd like to thank my dad, a stoat called sebastian, a failed career as a monorail salesman and a lifetime of following BCFC.

Thankyou all.  :sad26:

I have been scathing of LJ recently, but fair play to him and the team tonight! Are we out of the woods yet?...No, but a few more performances like that, full of passion and commitment should see us safe. Summer is not yet in full bloom at AG but green shoots definitely seem to be appearing,....so,....the jury is still out, but a 'not guilty' decision is certainly a little closer.:clapping:

19 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That's one hell of an accolade you've handed me!  

I'd like to thank my dad, a stoat called sebastian, a failed career as a monorail salesman and a lifetime of following BCFC.

Thankyou all.  :sad26:

I think that bloke at the Oscars has been handing out the wrong envelopes again...

1 hour ago, allyolly said:

On the views of those who have slated LJ and our team. 

I've been a staunch defender and believer and understand there is still a long way to go. But what does tonight say to you? 

Great result, great Friday night... my weekends sorted but you still haven't got a ******* clue mate... I'll always stand by that!!!

I've been a staunch defender and believer and understand there is still a long way to go. But what does tonight say to you? 

It says to me he got selection pretty much spot on tonight whether by luck or judgement. Please now don't make the usual 4 changes to the team for the next match and undo. What appears to be some momentum. Reward those who did us proud tonight.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think that bloke at the Oscars has been handing out the wrong envelopes again...

I know, on the match day thread I thought I was very positive!  I almost put my fist through the ceiling when Flint scored.

50 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Confidence has a massive effect in football. I've felt we've been making positive strides for weeks. Really glad, we must keep it going.

Agree with you tonight :thumbsup:;)

I thought you could see the players literally  grow in stature and grow stronger as each goal went in  :thumbsup:

That , more than the 3 points may be massive for us

Where the **** did that performance come from? and can we kept that level of performance up? or slip back to our same old same old?.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with you tonight :thumbsup:;)

I thought you could see the players literally  grow in stature and grow stronger as each goal went in  :thumbsup:

That , more than the 3 points may be massive for us

We all want City to do well, mate!

Agreed, the mental side of football is massive and often understated. Just need to continue building on the hard work of recent weeks. They've shown they're capable!

1 hour ago, john from high littleton said:

Perhaps Pemberton was the spanner in the works after all! 

Yeah, over the last 6 months, perhaps he picked the team, decided on the tactics, signed the 19 players, told us it was 'his' team,coached them all week and had team manager on his door............... or perhaps that was someone else...... 

I've been a staunch defender and believer and understand there is still a long way to go.

But what does tonight say to you? 

First for me

It asks some serious questions of the players as I've explained in thread 'Waking a few Up Part II '

Team were outstanding tonight, makes the last few months all the more frustrating seeing what they can do. Need to keep this going for the rest of the season now  - almost forgot how this feels.... we won a game AND played well !!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

But technically Korey Smith isn't a right-back, so from what you're saying, Smith shouldn't be in the team?

Beyond me why some people can't give credit where & when it's due, tonight was a massive game & result & will have made a few teams sit up & take notice around us.

In general, I'm not expecting any of the fan base that have lost confidence in LJ to say they've changed their view, if I'm honest I think he has done to much damage in the majority of people's eyes for them to be ever able to support him.

But for what it's worth I honestly hope he's still here into next season & if he is, he will have learned from this season massively & that can only benefit Bristol City.

Agree with most of your post, apart from Korey Smith not technically being a right back. That's where he played when he was captain of the Norwich youth team if I remember correctly.

edit: apologies realised you proved my point!!

Tonight was like the first half of Derby away, pressing the opposition, slick high tempo football when in possession. Why were tactics changed between the Derby game and tonight? 

Also it was a British starting 11 tonight (Wright counts as hes been here ages) Maybe some of the new foreigners really do need a while to bed into championship football.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Agree with most of your post, apart from Korey Smith not technically being a right back. That's where he played when he was captain of the Norwich youth team if I remember correctly.

edit: apologies realised you proved my point!!

Well if you listen / watch the interview that Korey did today or yesterday (on YouTube), he says he played there once for Oldham & did alright & once for Norwich (maybe), so both appearances were years ago, it hardly makes him a right-back by trade.

I played in goal once but would never describe myself as a goalkeeper during my playing days.

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Well if you listen / watch the interview that Korey did today or yesterday (on YouTube), he says he played there once for Oldham & did alright & once for Norwich (maybe), so both appearances were years ago, it hardly makes him a right-back by trade.

I played in goal once but would never describe myself as a goalkeeper during my playing days.

So him and LJ got lucky tonight. 

I haven't slated the team, I've never felt there was any lack of effort just a lack of organisation and then a lack of confidence.

What tonight says to me is that the quality in the squad has always been there and I'm bemused it has taken the manager this long to figure out how to access it.

It was good to see Tammy back and convincing, and O'Dowda, Smith and Joe Bryan played exceptionally well.  I'm not sure how Tommo got man of the match, he was good but he wasn't in the top three for me.

Korey Smith proved a very capable right back, calm and decisive, particularly with a natural right midfielder in front of him.  Joe Bryan looked a comfortable left back with a natural left midfielder in front of him.  It's not surprising that when a team with some balance is selected without players who have consistently let us down defensively (Golbourne and Little) we don't suffer a barrage of crosses and concede from them.  It's only surprising it's taken so long to work it out.

So, my congratulations on what was a very good result tonight to the team and to LJ tempered a little by frustration at where we find ourselves.

Has LJ finally learned?  I don't know, I'll let you know when we see how many changes get made in the remaining games.  If we don't line up with the exact same 11 and bench (barring real injuries) next time out I'd say no.

Do I want him still here in the summer?  Only if he can stop talking bollocks and making random changes due to over thinking, which I think it is fair to say remains to be seen.

We all think LJ should have done better this season with this squad but the personal hate and vitriol the guy has been subject to by some members of this forum is appalling. Would be nice if one or two of you would have the civility to come on and apologise. We all want the same thing!

2 hours ago, allyolly said:

Tonight says to me, one chiffchaff does not a summer make, but I heard one Wednesday, and one today (but I am unable to establish whether they are one and the same bird, or two individuals.)

18 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

Agree with to a point Hollydog but I think LJ's team selection has had some bearing on the abuse he has received, but superb result tonight so upwards & onwards! 

Oh & can I have my bone back?

No -my bone!

completely agree - I just feel the abuse was too personal.  I remain to be convinced that he is the right man going forward.

Archived