IGNORED

Just interested

allyolly

1 hour ago, redandy1 said:

It says to me he got selection pretty much spot on tonight whether by luck or judgement. Please now don't make the usual 4 changes to the team for the next match and undo. What appears to be some momentum. Reward those who did us proud tonight.

I put the starting line up on a thread earlier in the week.

Didn't take much working out to be honest, he was never going to play two up top tonight.

He was always going to bring O'Dowda in for his energy so Taylor would have to drop out.

Players staying fit he's surly going to play this side for the rest of the season?

Has to be a no brainer as were keeping clean sheets as opposed to conceding two goals a game.

Anyway fair play tonight never looked like letting one in.

On the Hudds forum there saying we kicked the shit out of them. That has to be good reading. Weve toughened up at last!!

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

So him and LJ got lucky tonight. 

You were the one going on about players playing in their right positions, I would hardly say Korey is a natural right-back.

For the record, I've backed City with their stance of keeping LJ, so I'm over the moon to see things heading in the right direction.

The trouble is, he could win the next 2 or 3 games (or however many) & then lose one & all the doubters will be on his back again, I just don't see him being able to win the doubters around, you know, the ones who refuse to use their season tickets again this season, want to start or sign a petition to get rid of LJ or hand deliver a letter to him.........

How does LJ realistically win them round? Because realistically we are a club with a budget of a bottom half Championship club but some seem to think we should be pushing for the play-offs & if he's unable to deliver that unrealistic target, those people will always be on his back.

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

How does LJ realistically win them round? Because realistically we are a club with a budget of a bottom half Championship club but some seem to think we should be pushing for the play-offs & if he's unable to deliver that unrealistic target, those people will always be on his back.

How does he win them around?  Perhaps he needs to have a 22 game run of decent results rather than the awful ones we've had to endure?  You can't expect it to happen overnight.

As for budgets, our wage bill for 15/16 was £17.5m, we made a £15m loss and it will have gone up hugely since then.  We are comfortably in the top half for spending.

3 hours ago, allyolly said:

On the views of those who have slated LJ and our team. 

I've been a staunch defender and believer and understand there is still a long way to go. But what does tonight say to you? 

maybe he has finally learnt from his MANY mistakes lets hope so because that's what we all hope isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

How does he win them around?  Perhaps he needs to have a 22 game run of decent results rather than the awful ones we've had to endure?  You can't expect it to happen overnight.

As for budgets, our wage bill for 15/16 was £17.5m, we made a £15m loss and it will have gone up hugely since then.  We are comfortably in the top half for spending.

That's the problem, he will be expected to go on an unrealistic run of wins before one defeat ruins everything again.

No manager or team are going to go on a run of 20 straight wins in this division so he's already fighting an impossible fight.

And according to Sky's guy's doing tonight's game, Huddersfield's budget is bottom 6 & we are just above that. But each year we spend in The Championship we will start the season with £6m, League 1 is £1m. We aren't yet a recognised established Championship club, we have only benefited of the larger income for 2 seasons where as the majority of clubs have been here longer than us & reaped those rewards for longer & been able to build their squads over a longer amount of time while benefitting from those financial rewards plus you have the clubs that are getting Premier League parachute payments of which even Wigan will still be benefitting from next season.

The perceived smaller clubs than us that are doing better than us in the league (Barnsley, Preston & Huddersfield) are an exception to the rule in terms of doing well, it's not the norm & shouldn't be expected by us but it is by some.

That's not to say that our budget won't grow overtime (division dependent) but we aren't in a position to compete with the majority of clubs in the top half of this division at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

That's the problem, he will be expected to go on an unrealistic run of wins before one defeat ruins everything again.

No manager or team are going to go on a run of 20 straight wins in this division so he's already fighting an impossible fight.

And according to Sky's guy's doing tonight's game, Huddersfield's budget is bottom 6 & we are just above that. But each year we spend in The Championship we will start the season with £6m, League 1 is £1m. We aren't yet a recognised established Championship club, we have only benefited of the larger income for 2 seasons where as the majority of clubs have been here longer than us & reaped those rewards for longer & been able to build their squads over a longer amount of time while benefitting from those financial rewards plus you have the clubs that are getting Premier League parachute payments of which even Wigan will still be benefitting from next season.

The perceived smaller clubs than us that are doing better than us in the league (Barnsley, Preston & Huddersfield) are an exception to the rule in terms of doing well, it's not the norm & shouldn't be expected by us but it is by some.

That's not to say that our budget won't grow overtime (division dependent) but we aren't in a position to compete with the majority of clubs in the top half of this division at the moment.

He doesn't have to go on a run of 20 straight wins, but he does have to do more than win two matches after 22 games of misery with panicked selection changes, random formations and spouting utter bollocks.  There is a lot of damage to undo.

As for budgets, all I can say is you are wrong and if Sky said that so are they.  

We spent £17.5m on wages in 15/16 and it will be well over £20m for 16/17.  To give you some other examples (a few of these are a year older since they haven't filed accounts yet but you can see the scale):

Huddersfield £13m

Birmingham £14.1m

Leeds £19.8m

Wigan £11.9m 

There are only 9 parachute clubs, Wigan being one.  QPR, Reading, Cardiff etc are in the £30-40m range, and Villa, Newcastle and Norwich are insane.

We are something like 11th or 12th on wage spend and top 6 on transfer fee spend having lucked out on Kodjia and Bolasie massively.  Make no mistake, for the money invested we are underperforming hugely.

7 hours ago, Nibor said:

He doesn't have to go on a run of 20 straight wins, but he does have to do more than win two matches after 22 games of misery with panicked selection changes, random formations and spouting utter bollocks.  There is a lot of damage to undo.

As for budgets, all I can say is you are wrong and if Sky said that so are they.  

We spent £17.5m on wages in 15/16 and it will be well over £20m for 16/17.  To give you some other examples (a few of these are a year older since they haven't filed accounts yet but you can see the scale):

Huddersfield £13m

Birmingham £14.1m

Leeds £19.8m

Wigan £11.9m 

There are only 9 parachute clubs, Wigan being one.  QPR, Reading, Cardiff etc are in the £30-40m range, and Villa, Newcastle and Norwich are insane.

We are something like 11th or 12th on wage spend and top 6 on transfer fee spend having lucked out on Kodjia and Bolasie massively.  Make no mistake, for the money invested we are underperforming hugely.

I bow to your greater knowledge but it's still a case that City's squad has only been built for Championship football over the last year or so.

Whereas many of those clubs you have named & more have been investing in championship quality players for 5 years or more & while we have a transfer record of £3m, most of the division are spending that on squad players & have transfer record signings at much higher values, so their investments are much larger than our one season of investment.

We are no longer a big fish in a small pond (League One), we are now a small fish in a much bigger pond (Championship) but as I stated, if we can remain in this division we will be able to rely on the greater financial rewards to help us grow over the years. It's not something that can be done over a year (realistically).

It could also be argued that City's spending over this last year won't be the something that will be repeated. We've spent so much because of the poor first summer transfer window when we got back into this division & had to play catch up.

I definitely don't think we will ever see another spell where we invest in so many players over that timescale again so any likely investment may well see us spend more on individual players but the total outlay won't be over £10m - £15m so it will probably see us trying to bring our budget back into line.

9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Tonight says to me, one chiffchaff does not a summer make, but I heard one Wednesday, and one today (but I am unable to establish whether they are one and the same bird, or two individuals.)

Yeah, but have you heard a cuckoo yet?   :laugh:

12 hours ago, allyolly said:

On the views of those who have slated LJ and our team. 

I've been a staunch defender and believer and understand there is still a long way to go. But what does tonight say to you? 

So, at this moment, 1,536 views and 71 replies (the most after the "Matchday" and "Engvall" threads).

And just one "like".

What does that say to you?

If I was SL or Chairman of The Board I would this morning be furious and want to know why we have been consistently failing to pick up points and then put in a performance like last night.  That is of course assuming that I wasn't a large part of the problem and the answer to that!

13 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

3 defeats in the last 11 and 8 points from a possible 12.

Just happy that we are recovering well, that was a great win tonight over a very good footballing side... we made them look awful. 

Want to see it continue, no reason why it can't

Yes last night was great and well deserved but will count for nothing if in the next few matches we revert back to our non pressing surrendering midfield norm of the past 5 months, the highlighted portion has been your mantra after every ok result.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

So, at this moment, 1,536 views and 71 replies (the most after the "Matchday" and "Engvall" threads).

And just one "like".

What does that say to you?

Maybe that some people have failed to realise we are now unbeaten in 4 and comfortably beat a strongly fancied team who won 8 out of their last 10 games. 

Archived