IGNORED

In All Honesty

Port Said Red

We have all seen the rumours, we all read the conspiracy theories and the apparent posts from insiders telling us how split this dressing room is and many of us have chosen to believe them.

In a thread last week I was asked to defend my position in saying that I felt that this was either untrue or exaggerated to undermine the Manager, I said that the only thing I had to go on was the performances on the pitch. I have seen teams in the past that were not trying, not interested or genuinely disillusioned with the Management and it is not a pretty sight, but for all our failings recently, I hadn't seen that this season.

My question to those who think that there is disunity in this squad, honestly, can you really sit there, hand on heart and tell us that last night was the performance of a team that wasn't behind their Manager and committed to the cause?

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We have all seen the rumours, we all read the conspiracy theories and the apparent posts from insiders telling us how split this dressing room is and many of us have chosen to believe them.

In a thread last week I was asked to defend my position in saying that I felt that this was either untrue or exaggerated to undermine the Manager, I said that the only thing I had to go on was the performances on the pitch. I have seen teams in the past that were not trying, not interested or genuinely disillusioned with the Management and it is not a pretty sight, but for all our failings recently, I hadn't seen that this season.

My question to those who think that there is disunity in this squad, honestly, can you really sit there, hand on heart and tell us that last night was the performance of a team that wasn't behind their Manager and committed to the cause?

no I have to admit I kept expecting us to do the usual and try to defend second half, well there was no way that team led down in the second half, they were a credit to us and there manager lets hope that's an end to all this doom and gloom and we can finally enjoy the end to the season, that's what we all want isn't it? 

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You answered your own question in your openinig line,rumours and people in the know saying they heard this or that.They are exactly that,rumours and innuendo with no substance at all.

The only game I have seen this season where we didn't seem up for it was the Fulham game, but considering the form Fulham are now In maybe they are just better than us?

I have seen some pretty shite City teams over the years, teams that didn't give a shite about the club or our fans, they were just happy to pick up their high wages and get pissed.

This bad run was an odd one, because we clearly had ability, players were still giving their all and still playing for their manager. It just wasn't all clicking for whatever reason.

I laughed at all the comments about this being the worst City team ever, or our worse season ever because I just wasn't seeing those things with my own eyes.

I've never been overly concerned about relegation because I saw a team that's trying, a team playing for their manager and believed at some point the performances we were putting in we would be rewarded for.

We are not out of it yet but as I said weeks ago I believe we will survive comfortably.

48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Being asked to defend your position on not believing rumour and conspiracy?

Are you surprised?

Rise above it and don't become immersed in the shit some people swim in.

14 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

You answered your own question in your openinig line,rumours and people in the know saying they heard this or that.They are exactly that,rumours and innuendo with no substance at all.

Oh I heard a great one tonight, which everyone around instantly believed to be true, despite the fact the person spreading the rumour was off their tits.

Our bad form was apparently down to one of our players having it away with someone.

Like seriously where the he'll do these people get this BS from and what provokes someone to make up vicious lies and then spread them? Secondly what idiot believes stories that an intoxicated person tells them?

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The only game I have seen this season where we didn't seem up for it was the Fulham game, but considering the form Fulham are now In maybe they are just better than us?

I have seen some pretty shite City teams over the years, teams that didn't give a shite about the club or our fans, they were just happy to pick up their high wages and get pissed.

This bad run was an odd one, because we clearly had ability, players were still giving their all and still playing for their manager. It just wasn't all clicking for whatever reason.

I laughed at all the comments about this being the worst City team ever, or our worse season ever because I just wasn't seeing those things with my own eyes.

I've never been overly concerned about relegation because I saw a team that's trying, a team playing for their manager and believed at some point the performances we were putting in we would be rewarded for.

We are not out of it yet but as I said weeks ago I believe we will survive comfortably.

Sorry mate but the bad run wasn't odd at all.We were changing the team week in week out with seemingly liitle idea of what was our best team.Take into account the captains changed weekly and you could see the amount of disarray we were in.Tonights performance was superb but goes to show what a car crash of a seaon this has been but could and should have been so much more.

24 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I laughed when Tomlin tonight said to the interviewer post game said "we play like this every game" pfft, its been what, season upon season now we've heard of our players just getting too comfortable on their wages, that they couldnt care less.

BUT WHO KNOWS MAYBE THIS IS DIFFERENT!!! (barring our stint in league 1)

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I haven't seen any lack of effort on the pitch, just confusion and lack of confidence stemming from change after change after change.  Tonight was far better, with a balanced side and a clear direction to press high up the pitch.  We also got a lot of breaks tonight we haven't had recently.

As for all the conspiracy theories, they generally originate with people who have motives.  Wes Burns' Dad has long enjoyed posting fake insider info on forums and started all the shit about Engvall for example - you know - the younger striker we bought from Sweden before letting his son move on.  Some numpty writes down some imaginary wages in a spreadsheet and prints (!) it out and photographs it and all of a sudden people think we pay Joe Bryan about minimum wage.  It's all nonsense.

The thing is you get people who want so badly to be in the know that they believe this sort of stuff and repeat it so that it gains credence as it does the rounds, and there are very few wondering if maybe Wes' old man is a touch bitter or maybe it's somewhat unusual to carry around a neatly printed list of weekly wages?  No critical thinking.

Most of it starts this way.  We've had other players in the past whose family got involved in trying to paint them in a better light.  We've had people like kachina claim to be football agents and spout fantasy bollocks for years with many falling for it.

Bottom line, unless you have first hand knowledge (and nobody except the players and coaches do) you can ignore it all and use your own eyes and your brain to figure out what is likely and what isn't.

23 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Sorry mate but the bad run wasn't odd at all.We were changing the team week in week out with seemingly liitle idea of what was our best team.Take into account the captains changed weekly and you could see the amount of disarray we were in.Tonights performance was superb but goes to show what a car crash of a seaon this has been but could and should have been so much more.

Although I agree with you The chopping and changing imo was down to players picking up injuries and also certain players being out of form so we were unable to select a settled side.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Although I agree with you The chopping and changing imo was down to players picking up injuries and also certain players being out of form so we were unable to select a settled side.

Come on, we did not have a settled side or settled formation week after week because the head coach kept trying to fix one problem and created two others........we have the players and the characters we just need to use them properly in a way they understand, believe in and become comfortable playing

30 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I have never doubted Johnson's ability to motivate our team. I have not seen our side not up for any game this season. Even Fulham at home I reckon we were up for. What I have seen is bad decisions from Johnson. Last night though, he got everything spot on. 

I still can't get my head around why tonight was so good and the last few months so bad. 

Flint said we had a game plan. LJ said tonight we executed the game plan. Tomlin said we trained very hard all week.  

Those statements confuse me even more. Why only this match did we get it right?

Sky commentator who spoke to an unnamed Board member said LJ wanted Pemberton out in the summer but was overruled.  Was that the problem?

The same Sky commentator said when mentioning MA that he was a Board member.  I suspect he spoke with MA. That makes sense.  So perhaps the problem was Pemberton/Johnson chemistry, or perhaps Pemberton was fouling up pre match training. 

Anyone got a better explanation? Clearly something has changed, and not merely Lady Luck.  

For those on here saying nothing wrong in dressing room Sky clearly said Tomlin and Johnson had clashed, and added, these things happen. Clash over  training/coaching? Pemberton?

We will never be told. So we have to hope that whatever disarray there has been behind the scenes it is now resolved 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

With the greatest of respect mate, these kind of posts are quite frustrating. 

Last night was brilliant and to the casual stranger your post makes sense. But people seem keen to ignore the months and months of dirge, the many other one off performances where the casual stranger would think 'what the he'll is going on '.

My current opinion is based on the whole of this season. Let's wait for a decent sample size that says different.

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I never thought there was disunity between the players. 

29 minutes ago, 054123 said:

With the greatest of respect mate, these kind of posts are quite frustrating. 

Last night was brilliant and to the casual stranger your post makes sense. But people seem keen to ignore the months and months of dirge, the many other one off performances where the casual stranger would think 'what the he'll is going on '.

My current opinion is based on the whole of this season. Let's wait for a decent sample size that says different.

I am not saying that there isn't deserved criticism of some aspects of our season, all I am is asking that the criticism should be founded in fact not fiction. I find the unrealistic nature of the criticism as frustrating as you find my posts, it falls into the same category of those who criticise the direction of the club as whole based on a poor run of results.

6 hours ago, CityCiderEd said:

People chose to believe the rumours because it fitted in with their anti-LJ agenda. There are some on here who are desperate for him to fail, that won't change imo. 

3 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

People chose to believe the rumours because it fitted in with their anti-LJ agenda. There are some on here who are desperate for him to fail, that won't change imo. 

I do not get a sense people are desperate for him to fail at City, at all. That would mean the club failing if it allows that to happen. I sense that supporters genuinely and sincerely feel he is not currently a good coach, that he is being allowed by the hierarchy to do OJT (on the job training) YTS style and that annoys people, actually quite intensely. i can absolutely have empathy with that and when Steve Lansdown goes on camera and says we should not boo that just ranks it up a notch because it illustrates he is blatantly out of touch with the rank and file; those who spend a hugely disproportionate amount of their income on the match day experience. 

Everyone with half a brain will be eternally grateful to the owner for his investment, that is not the point. I would like nothing better for City to get to the Premier League but I think we can do it better, faster and more sustainably without Lee Johnson. And I think the only way people will accept him after this season's debacle is for him to get us promoted next year. Nothing less will now be acceptable; and he has created that discord. 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am not saying that there isn't deserved criticism of some aspects of our season, all I am is asking that the criticism should be founded in fact not fiction. I find the unrealistic nature of the criticism as frustrating as you find my posts, it falls into the same category of those who criticise the direction of the club as whole based on a poor run of results.

Let's face it PSR, much of this season has been pretty poor and the criticism of LJ has been justified and I'm not sure what you mean by "unrealistic".

Im one of many who have moaned about LJs seemed inability to build a decent team especially given the resources at his disposal. In my view he's deserved the criticism. That said I dislike any personal criticism aimed at any manager. Slag off their managerial skills by all means.....

He's begun to turn it around in recent games with an unbeaten run of four games and in my view the international break has come at the worst time, I just hope that City don't lose the current momentum.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Let's face it PSR, much of this season has been pretty poor and the criticism of LJ has been justified and I'm not sure what you mean by "unrealistic".

Im one of many who have moaned about LJs seemed inability to build a decent team especially given the resources at his disposal. In my view he's deserved the criticism. That said I dislike any personal criticism aimed at any manager. Slag off their managerial skills by all means.....

He's begun to turn it around in recent games with an unbeaten run of four games and in my view the international break has come at the worst time, I just hope that City don't lose the current momentum.

I thought my post was clear in describing what was unrealistic, but just for clarity. Johnson as some sort of Machiavellian character, scheming and plotting against other members of staff and individual players (take your pick the so called targets change every week). The idea that "he has something on SL", the idea that "Gary Johnson is running the club with an unseen hand" (whilst having to deal with his own clubs problems and a life threatening illness), I could go on but I hope that points you in the right direction. 

By the way, I don't think the International break has come at the wrong time, it will help with giving some of the players a good break in a good mood and as long as OD and Tammy come back fit, it will give him a chance to  play the same team again.

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Let's hope it wasn't just the live Sky TV coverage that inspired them to put on such a good show.

We need more of the same in the coming games.

A cynic would say the players were performing to put themselves in the shop window having already instructed their Agents to engineer a move away because of the possibility of relegation?

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

A cynic would say the players were performing to put themselves in the shop window having already instructed their Agents to engineer a move away because of the possibility of relegation?

Oh M please don't plant that idea......:facepalm:

We should not get carried away with one performance after five months of sorry performances. One swallow doth not a summer make and only our third home win with two first half goals from open play in many months does not mean we're out of trouble yet.

Those who are telling us that there hasn't been a problem or multiple problems are looking at things through very rose tinted specs. Clearly we've had plenty and to see eleven professional footballers wandering around totally bemused like six year old children after conceding a goal for the last five months tells me that is/was so.

I'll take the positives from last evening but still have serious doubts that LJ is the right person to take this Club to a higher level.

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

And.....another cynic would say that with Juniors dad recovering in hospital City put on the best performance of the season so far..........

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

As of now this theory is far more believable than the "see, it's been a happy camp all season" theory.

No doubt many of the players will have been checking over the last few weeks just how much they stand to lose in wages if we are relegated too.

6 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I laughed when Tomlin tonight said to the interviewer post game said "we play like this every game" pfft, its been what, season upon season now we've heard of our players just getting too comfortable on their wages, that they couldnt care less.

BUT WHO KNOWS MAYBE THIS IS DIFFERENT!!! (barring our stint in league 1)

I think that is far more a case of him actually being pretty stupid, (even by average footballer standards) than anything else.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think that is far more a case of him actually being pretty stupid, (even by average footballer standards) than anything else.

Indeed but at least he knows it.

He and Flint shared a room last summer training  in Spain and the club did a YouTube series when the players were talking about their teammates. They went through and mentioned one particular player who they both said was "no very bright"

Tomlin said "and I thought I was the worst".......,

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Well said, totally agree.

Archived