IGNORED

Rotherham down and out

RedLionLad

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

They'll go down anyway. I was trying to work out the permutations to see if they could actually go down tomorrow.

I think they can.

If they get nothing today, the max points they could make would be 41 (8 x 3 = 24 potential points, plus their 17 = 41).

So if Burton draw/win and Forest win, they can only catch our current total, as highly unlikely as it would be - they'd also need Blackburn to draw/lose today, and for our goal differences to drop through the floor.

They are pretty much down regardless, but I hope that none of the three above (Forest, Burton and Blackburn) get anything today; not so Rotherham have a glimmer or hope, but so our case for staying up is strengthened.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think if Wigan and Blackburn win and Burton draw or win, then the Millers are down...

Being selfish; defeats today for those three plus Forest will be beneficial to City. Even better if Wolves & Brum lose also. Mid table obscurity here we come! :fingerscrossed:

Meanwhile last season Rotherham faced relegation, but took on Neil W as a short term manager just to keep 'em up which he did. At the start of this season everyone wondered "Who will go down with Rotherham"?

Rotherham gone defo

Wigan most probably down now but  might have been different if we lost last week

LJ said our dressing room was like a night club after that win

Hence the positive display against Huddersfield 

still lots of twists and turns still but the fight and quality from us is hopefully now present 

9 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Rotherham gone defo

Wigan most probably down now but  might have been different if we lost last week

LJ said our dressing room was like a night club after that win

Hence the positive display against Huddersfield 

still lots of twists and turns still but the fight and quality from us is hopefully now present 

Absolutely. That Flint goal could end up being one of the most important we score all season.

8 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Anybody feel sorry for Richard O'Donnell? To go to the leakiest team in the league must be hard for a goalkeeper.

He knew what they were when he went there so not really and I`m sure he sees them being more successful in League 1 and having a bit more to celebrate then. After all said and done everyone in football knew they were going down long before he went there.

Rotherham currently have 17 points. They have 8 more games to play, that's a potential to get 24 more points before the season is up. If they did somehow manage to win every game, they would end up with 41 points.

Currently Burton, Forest and City sit at 41 points - Burton currently having worst goal difference of -14. Therefore, in order for Rotherham to survive relegation at this point, they would need the following to happen:

- Rotherham to win EVERY game
- Burton to lose every game
- Score more than an average 4 goals every game
- Concede 0 amount of goals

The moment Burton get a draw, they're down.

27 minutes ago, JammyOne said:

Rotherham currently have 17 points. They have 8 more games to play, that's a potential to get 24 more points before the season is up. If they did somehow manage to win every game, they would end up with 41 points.

Currently Burton, Forest and City sit at 41 points - Burton currently having worst goal difference of -14. Therefore, in order for Rotherham to survive relegation at this point, they would need the following to happen:

- Rotherham to win EVERY game
- Burton to lose every game
- Score more than an average 4 goals every game
- Concede 0 amount of goals

The moment Burton get a draw, they're down.

I almost agree - it should be cast in stone pretty soon, but heres my pre Sunday lunch analysis:

They have to overtake 3 teams. Nominally Wigan, and 2 of Blackburn, Burton, City, and Forest. Lets say Wigan win enough to finish outside of the bottom 3 (they won't). Then it's finish above 3 of Blackburn, Burton, City, and Forest. Blackburn have to play City and Forest. So at most they could finish above one of these clubs - Blackburn on points, or City or Forest on goal difference.  So I think (at the moment) its down to Wigan picking up less than 5 points, Burton picking up no points, either Blackburn picking up 0-1 points or city or Forest picking up 0 points.

Looking at the fixtures I see Wolves have to play Forest , us, Blackburn, in that order (but no consecutively), whilst Backburn have to play Forest, us, then Wolves in that order. I think the optimal results involve Wolves beating Blackburn and Forest, Blackburn v Forest being a draw, and us beating Blackburn and Wolves. Burton aren't playing anyone in any real danger of relegation (Ipswich or Birmingham are probably safe in reality).

21 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

IMG_0246.PNG

For the Championship / Football League Division 2 as was, I see Cambridge acquired 24 points in 83/84 by winning 4 and drawing 12 games. However in 71-72, when it was still only two points for a win,  Watford won 5 and drew 9 of their 42 games gaining 19 points.

I know statistics can prove many things, but; had it still been 2 points for a win, Cambridge would have still gained 20 points, which makes Watford's record the worst. On the other hand allow Watford three points for a win and they'd have 24.

Archived