IGNORED

Blackburn, Burton, Forest

italian dave

Don't want to be a party pooper, but all three at home today, all three winnable, and we could be back in the bottom 3 tonight! How ironic would that be; not there all season, and just as we hit form, stop conceding, hold onto,leads etc and we drop into the zone and can't get out!

On the other hand, all three results might go our way....!

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Don't want to be a party pooper, but all three at home today, all three winnable, and we could be back in the bottom 3 tonight! How ironic would that be; not there all season, and just as we hit form, stop conceding, hold onto,leads etc and we drop into the zone and can't get out!

dave........Blackburn will draw as its a local derby.....ditto forest but can see burton getting something...

Que sera . 

Now we must push on , the standard has been set . We have put the pressure back on these other clubs .

We've thrown down the gauntlet . Waved our private parts at their aunties, farted in their general direction now what can they do ? 

Slippery sons of codfish , we sing cider songs at you.

CITY ARE BACK 

:clapping:

I love the optimism of the, these teams wont win because ..........

Cast your minds back to last night, most weren't giving us a prayer against a really in form Huddersfield team, me included. Every team around us would have been spooked by our result last night because they had written us off too, whatever happens today we can at least draw some comfort that we have found some much needed fighting spirit we can draw upon for the coming weeks.

Got an increasing feeling that Birmingham will be the third team for the drop.  Newcastle at home today followed by Ipswich and Brighton away.  Think they will lose all three.  Also have Gary Rowett returning to StAndrews with Derby and and a  Brum derby with Villa in their run in.

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

Got an increasing feeling that Birmingham will be the third team for the drop.  Newcastle at home today followed by Ipswich and Brighton away.  Think they will lose all three.  Also have Gary Rowett returning to StAndrews with Derby and and a  Brum derby with Villa in their run in.

Well, if we finish above Birmingham we stay up. So lets aim for that.

5 minutes ago, Malago said:

Agreed, Birmingham now definitely at risk, I think Blackburn will escape. Other results don't matter if we get 3 wins and a draw or 2 from our 8 games left.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Even if all the results go against us today console yourself by imaging how screwed we'd be without that superb performance last night and a late winner last Saturday. We could've been 6+ points adrift with the International break coming up, horrible thought. At least we've got some hope now.

Even IF we're back in the bottom 3 tonight we're far from dead and buried as long as we play to our potential at least a few times in the next 8 games.

For us to be in the bottom 3: Forest AND Blackburn have to win AND Burton has to draw at least.

If all of this happens, then it will certainly make the run in interesting.

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't worry, I've done trebles ,4 timers etc on the worst case scenarios, I never win ! 

" Sit back , put yer feet up, they're gonna lose this one"    (to paraphrase Cloughiie in '73 )

I've got £20 on Forest, Burton and Blackburn. I'm hoping that bet will be ****** by quarter to 3.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Burton and Forest won't win. Brentford are a very underrated side, and Forest have Derby who'll be a real force under Rowett. 

Idk. Brentford are in that zone where they're safe but too far off to make a playoff push. Don't know which Brentford will show up. Derby should get a bit of a bounce. Another game to watch is Birmingham at home to Newcastle. Our couple wins plus Blackburn's form has pulled Birmingham right into it and they've been even worse than us under Zola(don't know if that is 100% true but they've been awful). 

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Our couple wins plus Blackburn's form has pulled Birmingham right into it and they've been even worse than us under Zola(don't know if that is 100% true but they've been awful). 

Yep, they are a lot worse. Current form table last 6 games we are 13th on 9 points and Birmingham are 23rd on 4 points!

With it being a derby and both teams having new Managers, you would suspect a draw at the City ground while Burton have to win today IMHO. Their run in is probably the toughest of all the teams fighting to stay up.

While I commend Burton on their first season at this level, let's be honest we all thought they would go down, that run in is hard and I think they will drop with Wigan and Rotherham, If they do, they gave it a right good go and if they survive, all strength to them!

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Yep, they are a lot worse. Current form table last 6 games we are 13th on 9 points and Birmingham are 23rd on 4 points!

Birmingham already have 44 points in the bag - five points above Blackburn.

They are in shit form, but have the points onboard. If they win their next game they are almost home and dry.

If we can win a couple of games, anyone can ....... apart from Rotherham, obviously.

tfj  :pray:

Archived