IGNORED

Brentford Travel / Pub Guide / Info (Merged)

Bridgwaterred0

Went in the Home stand for the League 1 play-off semi just over  a decade ago.  Lived in London and a group of us just bought tickets from Griffin Park a few days before as all away tickets sold out.

When we went 1-0 up we obviously couldn't restrain ourselves and jumped up - I was hit in the back by  an apple which was quite painful.  There were at least a couple of dozen other City fans in the stand as well who had done the same.

More painfully, of course, Goater missed a sitter soon after and Brentford went though to the final.

1 hour ago, Nongazeuse said:

Went in the Home stand for the League 1 play-off semi just over  a decade ago.  Lived in London and a group of us just bought tickets from Griffin Park a few days before as all away tickets sold out.

When we went 1-0 up we obviously couldn't restrain ourselves and jumped up - I was hit in the back by  an apple which was quite painful.  There were at least a couple of dozen other City fans in the stand as well who had done the same.

More painfully, of course, Goater missed a sitter soon after and Brentford went though to the final.

Don't want to point it out to you but those games were in 1997, 20 years ago!!

30 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Surely if terracing is so "unsafe", then clubs should be forced to go all seater, regardless of division etc. It`s illogical, Captain.

Ridiculous ain't it. About time it was brought back but of course there's 0 chance of that. Even safe standing seems to have 0 chance, yet clubs in the second tier are still allowed to have it with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

20 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

I was in the away end for this one, Darren Barnard put us one up if I remember, pandemonium when we scored, was short lived though.

Lloyd Owusu & Robert Taylor up front for them I think.

1 hour ago, The_Don said:

I was in the away end for this one, Darren Barnard put us one up if I remember, pandemonium when we scored, was short lived though.

Lloyd Owusu & Robert Taylor up front for them I think.

I'm pretty sure Owusu was badly injured in the first leg at Ashton Gate. 

13 minute stoppage. The longest I'd ever seen, until last week. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm pretty sure Owusu was badly injured in the first leg at Ashton Gate. 

13 minute stoppage. The longest I'd ever seen, until last week. 

I remember the incident but don`t think it was a play off game. It was definitely a night game but I thought it was early season. Ambulance on the pitch and everything - broke his collarbone IIRC.

I expect like us, lots were reminiscing about this last Friday.

Archived