IGNORED

Brentford Travel / Pub Guide / Info (Merged)

Bridgwaterred0

8 minutes ago, tomo said:

Me and my nephews are taking my son aged 7 - I have been to Brentford many many times but has anyone found a standing position on the terraces where my lad will 1) be safe and 2) be able to see the match?

You can get a slightly better view right at the back against the wall if you stand on the concrete bases to the stanchions - they are reasonably big to easily stand on. However given your son is 7 they may not be high enough.

Probably find there will be a queue for these now that I've given it away :facepalm:

Confirmation from local site of M4 closure:

Drivers heading to the west of Reading are warned of a series of weekend closures of the M4 for essential repairs to two bridges.

The project means the total closure of the motorway in both directions between junction 12 atTheale and junction 13 at Chieveley.

Highways England has announced it will carry out the work to the bridges which carry the M4 over Ashampstead Road and Dark Lane near Bradfield.

The work will see road resurfacing, replacing deck beams, bridge joints and sections of the safety barrier carried out.

This means the road will be closed from 9pm on Friday until 6am on Monday for four consecutive weekends in April and May.

Drivers are advised a diversion will be in place via the A4 through Newbury, Thatcham and Woolhampton.

The work will be carried out on the following weekends:

Friday, March 31, to Monday, April 3

Friday, May 5 t, to Monday, May 8

Friday, May 12 to Monday, May 15

Friday, May 19 to Monday, May 22

There will also be overnight lane restrictions between the same times in place on the westbound carriageway between Friday, July 7, and Monday, July 10 and on the eastbound carriageway between Friday, July 28 and Monday, July 31.

Read this story this morning and it just didn't ring true. http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-fans-need-take-15608.

I was at a meeting at Chievely on Tuesday evening and was sure the closure read differently. Seems I was right

http://www.highways.gov.uk/our-road-network/our-network/key-roads/m4/

To sum up, the M4 at Chievely is NOT closed from 9pm on Friday (March 31) until 6am on Monday (April 3). It IS closed from 9pm to 6am but doesn't affect traffic during daylight hours

1 hour ago, jtc1 said:

Does anyone know the best way to get to the ground from London Victoria Coach Station or there are 2 stops on the way from Bristol Coach Station which are Hammersmith or Earls Court?

You could get the tube from Victoria to London Waterloo. Circle and district line to Westminster and jubilee line to Waterloo and then get the train from Waterloo to Brentford

6 hours ago, jtc1 said:

Does anyone know the best way to get to the ground from London Victoria Coach Station or there are 2 stops on the way from Bristol Coach Station which are Hammersmith or Earls Court?

From London Victoria bus station 

Get the green district line west to Acton town get off there change and head toward south Ealing, get off at this stop and walk to ground

8 hours ago, jtc1 said:

Sorry to add to the options but you could also get the train from Victoria one stop to Clapham Junction and change for train to Brentford.

21 hours ago, jtc1 said:

I actually work in Brentford so know the area pretty well.

You can get a tube (piccadilly line) from Hammersmith to South Ealing (only 2 stops) and then either get the 65 or walk (15/20 minutes).. That should take about 30 minutes.

Or the same from Earls Court (you actually pass Hammersmith that way, so better get off there if the bus lets you).

If you go to Victoria, it's much quicker to get the train to Clapham Junction (only takes a few mins) and then the train from platform 5 (they are every 15 minutes and take about 20 minutes to Brentford).

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:48, jtc1 said:

Get off at Hammersmith they're usually fine with this, then get Piccadilly line to South Ealing or Northfields which are both in walking distance to ground (10/15 mins).

10 hours ago, cityboy99 said:

No closed all weekend between J12 and J13 diversions in place.

Junction 13-12 definitely closed, diversion through Newbury. We are sat in traffic on diversion route , I would suggest leaving at least an extra 30 mins minimum if not more 

safe journey , see you all there !

Archived