IGNORED

ball boys

cityred exile

Do we have the worst in the country ? I don't mean to be unkind to any of the parents of our ball boys /girls we have at the Gate ,   But are they glued to their stools ?  its just that I rarely see them look to retrieve the ball ,  When I visit other grounds around the country   I frequently see the ball boys  instantly get up almost the second the ball go out of play  (most notably at Villa recently )     Indeed I think some clubs use them  as "the 12th man"   IE - going back to the John Beck days ,  the other question is Do we have the same boys /girls each match ?like a mascot  for a one off game  or  do we have the same ones for the season ?

I don't think they are bad, I think they do a great job.

They are only youngsters, give them a break. They are out in all winds and weathers and can be subject to ridicule if they slip or something. Imagine having +15,000 pairs of eyes on you. If you are going to say that they can watch the match for free, well I'd say they have a pretty poor view compared to sitting in the stands.

I thought this thread was going to be how great it was to see Flint immediately High-Five the ball boy when he scored, or Tammy doing the same and hugging one. Disappointed.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I don't think they are bad, I think they do a great job.

They are only youngsters, give them a break. They are out in all winds and weathers and can be subject to ridicule if they slip or something. Imagine having +15,000 pairs of eyes on you. If you are going to say that they can watch the match for free, well I'd say they have a pretty poor view compared to sitting in the stands.

I thought this thread was going to be his great it was to see Flint immediately High-Five the ball boy when he scored, or Tammy doing the same and hugging one. Disappointed.

Watch the highlights and see the little guy jump for joy for goals 3 and 4.

I've posted on here numerous times about our level of ballboying, incredibly disappointing at times. In terms of speed to give it back and average distance covered I'd imagine we would be near the bottom of the table. Another failure of Bristol Sport

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I've posted on here numerous times about our level of ballboying, incredibly disappointing at times. In terms of speed to give it back and average distance covered I'd imagine we would be near the bottom of the table. Another failure of Bristol Sport

Please tell me this is a joke? 

My hubby's cousin is a ball boy as he is part of the academy. Most of the ball boys are in the academy I think. The lad Tammy hugged definitely is (see twitter).

They are kids. Young lads who are learning about the atmosphere and having thousands of faces watching you in preparation for the future. 

Do you remember being a kid and being so engrossed in a TV show or film at the cinema that you forgot about everything else going on around you? Well I'd imagine that's what it's like for them.

Archived