IGNORED

The Shawshank Redemption

The dastardly red

Are you drunk? Has @bristolcitysweden taken over your account?

As for the film I love it. It poses a lot of questions, an innocent man then became a guilty man of all the tax stuff and then by breaking out of prison, whilst manipulating people along the way to achieve his own goal.

Not sure where I stand on this one. OK he is righting a wrong but by the same token he is doing a wrong. However he was put into an environment that he should never have been in and as he became institutionalised he soon learned how to be a prisoner and how to use that to his advantage. Thought provoking stuff.

Having watched this and Prison Break it's clear to see the first season of Prison break was loosely based on this film in a small way. Not sure if that was intentionally done but certainly seems that way.

I'm with the original poster on this.   It's a good watch for two and a half hours of your time but when you've seen it two or three times it doesn't offer the viewer much.    If you want a great prison film try Midnight Express.

(How does the Tim Robbins character manage to conceal a great big hole in his cell wall for years on end being concealed with only a poster of Raquel Welch (I think that's who it was) or manage to put the poster back in place while making his escape through the tiny tunnel)   :shifty:

Must be late and I'm tired after a long day but there's too many implausibilities in it from last watch to make it a really credible viewing.     At least it has Clancy Brown in it so at least there's something going for it.

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I'm with the original poster on this.   It's a good watch for two and a half hours of your time but when you've seen it two or three times it doesn't offer the viewer much.    If you want a great prison film try Midnight Express.

(How does the Tim Robbins character manage to conceal a great big hole in his cell wall for years on end being concealed with only a poster of Raquel Welch (I think that's who it was) or manage to put the poster back in place while making his escape through the tiny tunnel)   :shifty:

Must be late and I'm tired after a long day but there's too many implausibilities in it from last watch to make it a really credible viewing.     At least it has Clancy Brown in it so at least there's something going for it.

Why would you want to watch a film two or three times?

9 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

It's not true story ffs! Of course elements were implausible. It's called artistic license.

Btw Midnight Express is a true story and in my top 5 of terrific films.

The Shawshank Redemption:

My view: It's about rising above the shit life can throw at you, using nothing more than hope and belief in oneself.

In my view, a good film

Archived