IGNORED

All Johnson haters

city1983

20 minutes ago, jayjay said:

What also worries me is that if Johnson believes that he is "unsackable", this is unlikely to motivate him and keep him hungry.

I'd look at that statement from a different perspective.

Junior has the unequivocal support of SL and no doubt he'll want to repay that faith by creating a successful team.

He'll be very aware that many fans don't share that faith and will desperately want to do well to earn our trust and respect particularly as he sees Bristol City as his club and he has his dream job.

Like any manager LJ will want to be a success and that along with the above should be enough to allay your worries.

Hate him or not, it that our remarkable upturn in performance has coincided with Pemberton leaving and Jamie McAllister taking over. The defence in particular looks like a proper unit rather than 3 or 4 players in a defensive position. Bryan looks totally different particularly with O'Dowda in front of him. As for Korey at RB, well that was either a masterstroke or desperation brought about by the other RB's being not up to much. We no longer see Flint being drawn out of position in a vain attempt put out a fire caused by the ineptitude of the previous RB's. Lee Tomlin being told not to drop deep but stay up close behind Tammy was another plus.

I was reluctant to click on this thread until I had ascertained a number of obviously 'male members' had contributed to it...

Curiosity got the better of me, couldn't think why any of the Otib lads would be here, turns out I'd misunderstood the thread title and its not full of cropped haired macho lesbians after all.

Still not comfortable reading of blokes fondness (or otherwise) of johnson though .... it just doesn't seem right on a family forum, specially on a Sunday...  I'll give this 'un a miss thankyou very much.

2 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Hate him or not, it that our remarkable upturn in performance has coincided with Pemberton leaving and Jamie McAllister taking over. The defence in particular looks like a proper unit rather than 3 or 4 players in a defensive position. Bryan looks totally different particularly with O'Dowda in front of him. As for Korey at RB, well that was either a masterstroke or desperation brought about by the other RB's being not up to much. We no longer see Flint being drawn out of position in a vain attempt put out a fire caused by the ineptitude of the previous RB's. Lee Tomlin being told not to drop deep but stay up close behind Tammy was another plus.

Junior was well aware that Smith a capable RB. He'd used him there before at their previous club. Nothing desperate or clever about it, just common sense.

You're right about Bryan tho. He looks far more solid with ODowda in front of him.

Unless Bryan or Smith get injured or suspended I can see them staying as the full backs at least to the end of the season.

That means Matthews, Golbourne and Hodur will be subs at best.

I was never really enthused by his appointment but he won me over last season and the first couple of months this season, when I enjoyed his honest interviews and his big set of balls with especially substitutions I thought 'well I was wrong'.

As this season progressed and the pressure mounted it became increasingly obvious that he was so far out of his depth, his decision making became severely impaired and irrational as did his interviews, I am not 100% convinced by some of his tactics, formations, team selections, substitutions and even some of his signings and personally I still believe that he is not the man to take BCFC forward.

I see nothing in his record as a player or manager that suggests to me that he is at all capable of producing a consistent team who can deliver consistent results, all I see is roller coaster of results and the in the main the past 5 months has been pure unadulterated misery and probably the worst I can remember as a BCFC supporter.

But hey he won me over once before for a 9 month period, maybe he can do it again?, so for me as with this season I am not expecting to rip up trees next season but upper mid table nowhere near another relegation dog fight and flirting with a sniff of a play off place and with no prolonged losing streaks, cohesive tactics, formations, team selections, substitutions and most importantly 'quality' signings, in short consistency and by December, I will be happy again, but I am not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, JammyOne said:

LJ could take us to Prem and he would still have haters on OTIB.

He could take us to the prem, but when we are then relegated and he leaves when things turn sour, those fans will be the first to say " I told you it would not work out with him".

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That depends almost entirely on what he goes on to achieve. If he led us to Championship play off victory next season, would a majority still be saying "Johnson out"? Of course not.

Absolutely in that situation. Either out or moved upstairs. We would 100% need a Premiership experienced manager. No sentiment in football, similarly with the team 

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

All I want is us to do well and stay up and was very happy with the recent results , I would agree that Jamie Mac has had a positive effect  probably in organisation and a good dressing room influence, but what has been the main reason is that in recent games there has been some consistency in selection especially defensively , which is in stark difference to the shambles that went on before , the joke was what side has he picked out of a hat this week , it is obvious to anyone that selection and systems being consistent had more chance of succeeding , in my opinion someone sat LJ down and told him to do this and stop messing around or even his uncle Steve might have had enough, we are far from out of this mess but at least we are in the fight now.

47 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Absolutely in that situation. Either out or moved upstairs. We would 100% need a Premiership experienced manager. No sentiment in football, similarly with the team 

Full credit to you Ivorguy for still managing to find an angle on why Johnson should still be sacked, even in a hypothetically positive situation.

"He's won The Premier League!"

"LJ out...he's not equipped for the Champions League!"

Do you think that the problems with his Dad's health (although not made public until the actual op) have  unintentionally distracted LJ  but now GJ has had the op, LJ can devote 100% to city rather than understandably as family come first maybe 95%. As LJ said himself after Friday's game A winning City team is just the tonic required 

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Full credit to you Ivorguy for still managing to find an angle on why Johnson should still be sacked, even in a hypothetically positive situation.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We'll see!

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Do you think that the problems with his Dad's health (although not made public until the actual op) have  unintentionally distracted LJ  but now GJ has had the op, LJ can devote 100% to city rather than understandably as family come first maybe 95%. As LJ said himself after Friday's game A winning City team is just the tonic required 

With all due respect, of course I know how difficult those situations can be but life goes on and some people whose loved ones are going through similar medical problems work in jobs where mistakes can cost lives, LJ is a football manager.

9 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

He won't win a majority of us back, to much water under the bridge for some. 

I was just wondering what you mean by too much Water under the bridge? He's lost lots football matches which means people have lost faith in him, similarly if he won lots of football matches wouldn't your faith be restored? 

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I was never really enthused by his appointment but he won me over last season and the first couple of months this season, when I enjoyed his honest interviews and his big set of balls with especially substitutions I thought 'well I was wrong'.

As this season progressed and the pressure mounted it became increasingly obvious that he was so far out of his depth, his decision making became severely impaired and irrational as did his interviews, I am not 100% convinced by some of his tactics, formations, team selections, substitutions and even some of his signings and personally I still believe that he is not the man to take BCFC forward.

I see nothing in his record as a player or manager that suggests to me that he is at all capable of producing a consistent team who can deliver consistent results, all I see is roller coaster of results and the in the main the past 5 months has been pure unadulterated misery and probably the worst I can remember as a BCFC supporter.

But hey he won me over once before for a 9 month period, maybe he can do it again?, so for me as with this season I am not expecting to rip up trees next season but upper mid table nowhere near another relegation dog fight and flirting with a sniff of a play off place and with no prolonged losing streaks, cohesive tactics, formations, team selections, substitutions and most importantly 'quality' signings, in short consistency and by December, I will be happy again, but I am not holding my breath.

Agree with every word you say Bung, I would have posted something along the same lines, so thanks for saving me a bit of time.

6 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

I was just wondering what you mean by too much Water under the bridge? He's lost lots football matches which means people have lost faith in him, similarly if he won lots of football matches wouldn't your faith be restored? 

What I mean is it ain't just footballing reasons people have been annoyed with Johnson.

He has signed good players for a few million pounds and they either just sit on the bench or don't even make the team.

The whole situation with Wes Burns, where he told a player he won't good enough when we know he is talented.

The whole decision to get rid of pembo, fair enough we have got results since he has left but it would be of been the same if Johnson had left.

There has been a lot of negativity towards him, i for one hope he can go on and achieve things with us.

i'm sure this point has been made elsewhere on one of the numerous "Johnson in out" threads, but I've just sat down  ....

We outplayed the no 3 team in the league on Friday for the full 90 minutes.  We looked hungry, attacked and pressed every ball, defended with sold confidence, the keeper made some great saves but there were almost no errors defensively.   There were several touches of real class, individually and as a team.

Why can't they do that every week?   They are capable of it but they don't do it.   Sometimes they have looked worse than anything any of us have ever seen at AG.

For me it has to be a problem with the coaching relationship.   When the cameras are on, all of a sudden we're a brilliant pressing team full of wizards.   Recent results suggest the relationship is improving between the coach and team - let's bloody hope so.   But if he can't get them to put that kind of effort in game in game out, he's no use to anybody.

10 hours ago, city1983 said:

What would lee Johnson need to do to change your opinion?

for me as a rookie (not sure you are a rookie with about 4 seasons under your belt though) he needs to show that he is learning fast. He needs to pick a settled side and finish the season strongly. 

Im sure everyone would have settled for mid table this season, but should we finish mid table (albeit bottom half) this year I think "that run" where he seemed to have no idea how to grind out a result, any result, even a draw at home to Brentford, or away to Ipswich or wolves, will tarnish what would ultimately have been a perfectly acceptable season of progress with a young side. 

He the needs to show in the transfer market in the summer that he can see the problem positions and tweak the squad rather than overhaul. And we desperately need to replace Tammy's goals. If he could pull off another masterstroke like that again (and he does deserve credit for that) then I think I'd be happy to go with the status quo again next year. 

But that all seems a long way off right now.

#johnson out

Basically if he could reverse the winning streak and go on a similar run with wins.  Then,  maybe then I'd start to get behind him. 

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

With all due respect, of course I know how difficult those situations can be but life goes on and some people whose loved ones are going through similar medical problems work in jobs where mistakes can cost lives, LJ is a football manager.

LJ is a football manager, so what , he is a person like you or me .I work in a profession where my mistakes could cost lives and when my brother nearly died due to a drunk driver I was told to take as much time of as I wanted.Life does not go on it stops. I cannot see a football manager being told that

10 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

He won't win a majority of us back, to much water under the bridge for some. 

Unsure how you can say that so catagorically. So if LJ keeps us up and we kick on next season with our young squad developing and with a few new additions, we make good progress then he'll never win you back? 

God Forbid he comes good on his Euro football claim then still no redemption. I've been firmly in the out camp but I hope he succeeds because if not it wiil mean my beloved BCFC failing.

Don't get me wrong as I don't think this is likely, Just playing devils advocate

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why do some posters use the word "hate" or "haters"?

If someone doesn't rate or criticises a manager or a player it doesn't mean they "hate" that individual ffs!

Ive never hated anyone in my entire life, disliked for sure but not hated.

You didn't hate GJ? Even when he was giving you a right bollocking? 

17 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You didn't hate GJ? Even when he was giving you a right bollocking? 

Sad response, I don't want to speak on Robbo's position as I don't know the guy but I don't believe he 'hates'.  Horrible word and a horrible thing to accuse someone of.

If you can't tell the difference between criticism (either justified or not) and hate  then you either don't understand the English language or are projecting.

13 hours ago, city1983 said:

What would lee Johnson need to do to change your opinion?

for me as a rookie (not sure you are a rookie with about 4 seasons under your belt though) he needs to show that he is learning fast. He needs to pick a settled side and finish the season strongly. 

Im sure everyone would have settled for mid table this season, but should we finish mid table (albeit bottom half) this year I think "that run" where he seemed to have no idea how to grind out a result, any result, even a draw at home to Brentford, or away to Ipswich or wolves, will tarnish what would ultimately have been a perfectly acceptable season of progress with a young side. 

He the needs to show in the transfer market in the summer that he can see the problem positions and tweak the squad rather than overhaul. And we desperately need to replace Tammy's goals. If he could pull off another masterstroke like that again (and he does deserve credit for that) then I think I'd be happy to go with the status quo again next year. 

But that all seems a long way off right now.

#johnson out

Leave

If he keeps us up and we are top half next season, playing the sort of football we did on Friday night, people will come flocking back to support him.

If he keeps going the way he has been (Engvall/the defeats/the rubbish he talks etc etc) then he won't last much longer.

3 hours ago, Daniro said:

When the cameras are on, all of a sudden we're a brilliant pressing team full of wizards...

It is a good point....players will inevitably up their efforts when a wider audience is watching....especially if they want to stay in this division irrespective of what division the club finds itself in next season...

Archived