IGNORED

Pack back in

JasonM88

26 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I must say I disagree. The amount of work pack gets through is what makes him such an important player. Hegeler strolls about. He's just not got the stamina that our side needs. Hope he can come in and prove me wrong, class player on the ball. Just needs to improve his fitness for this level. 

I see Hegeler exactly the same way. Leaves a lot to be desired when not on the ball. When first seeing how good he was on the ball, I couldn't believe we were gonna waste him at centre back, but I now believe that could be the best option for him.

7 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

I hate to have to ask this as I know I'm gonna look stupid but could you tell me what the pun is because I'll be damned if I can see one :blink:

If I remember correctly, he slipped in a match which led to a goal but then made amends by literally getting the ball from kick off and running up the other end to equalise in an important game in our play off season, maybe against PNE?

Our great start to the season was mainly with Pack and ONeil in side. No coincidence?

The water carrier in midfielder rarely gets praise though - Pack, Skuse.. Burnell all get/got little love 

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

If I remember correctly, he slipped in a match which led to a goal but then made amends by literally getting the ball from kick off and running up the other end to equalise in an important game in our play off season, maybe against PNE?

That was what I was thinking of yes.  Not sure he did actually slip now though thinking back.  But he definitely gave a goal away and then made up for it immediately.

It wouldn't have been against Preston though as we lost 1-0 at home to them. I'm not sure who it was against but it was a great moment anyway.

I just remember that mistake kind of signalling the end for him and then as I said Pack came in and proved a lot of people wrong.

13 minutes ago, #roe said:

That was what I was thinking of yes.  Not sure he did actually slip now though thinking back.  But he definitely gave a goal away and then made up for it immediately.

It wouldn't have been against Preston though as we lost 1-0 at home to them. I'm not sure who it was against but it was a great moment anyway.

I just remember that mistake kind of signalling the end for him and then as I said Pack came in and proved a lot of people wrong.

MK Dons, 3-2 win. Still one of my favourite city goals for the sheer persistence he showed!

3 hours ago, citywest30 said:

Was that Vs Chesterfield or Colchester at home when Wes Burns scored a cracking goal to win it? 

Maybe im mixing it up as well!

3 hours ago, citywest30 said:

1 minute ago, Tears in rain said:

Was that Vs Chesterfield or Colchester at home when Wes Burns scored a cracking goal to win it? 

Maybe im mixing it up as well!

Never mind someone found the video and I was wrong :laugh:

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Skuse is a very good, solid championship midfielder, wish we hadn't let him go 

Skuse is the epitome of blandness at this level, completely unremarkable, and certainly not capable of raising his game to have a positive effect on a struggling side.

Ipswich fans have seen his limitations and judging by their forum are far from impressed.

Pack is a far more influential player and 5 years younger.

I'm sure Ipswich fans would swap Skuse for Pack without a moments hesitation, but hopefully City wouldn't dream of such a backwards move.

I'm glad Skuse went when he did; I don't think we've missed him one bit.

Archived