IGNORED

Chuck Berry

Lew-T

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

RIP to a great artist. Way before my time but he was very influential to British music in the 60s. Beatles, Stones, etc

Too true a genius who helped to change the music scene.

Apparently notoriously difficult to work with and several run in's with the law, but a genius none the less.

RIP Chuck Berry, hopefully more Johnny B Goode than playing with your ding a ling.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can remember one of his songs "my ding a ling" being banned by the BBC......back in the 70's I think. Of course it went to number 1.

Probably the worst record in his huge portfolio but probably the most profitable, I think I am right in saying it was originally recorded in the UK with British musicians and the shortened edited version went to no1 in the USA and a longer unedited version was released in the UK and also went to No 1.

47 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Too true a genius who helped to change the music scene.

Apparently notoriously difficult to work with and several run in's with the law, but a genius none the less.

RIP Chuck Berry, hopefully more Johnny B Goode than playing with your ding a ling.

He was obviously a huge star when I getting into different kinds of musical styles well over 40 years ago but strangely I nor none of my mates had any of his stuff so didn't listen to him much which meant I never got into his music.

5 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Probably the worst record in his huge portfolio but probably the most profitable, I think I am right in saying it was originally recorded in the UK with British musicians and the shortened edited version went to no1 in the USA and a longer unedited version was released in the UK and also went to No 1.

Amazingly his Ding a Ling novelty song was the first number one hit that he had in the singles charts.. and it didn't come until 1972.

Think it was the ONLY No 1 of his career too, how crazy is that? given the classic legendary songs he wrote and performed. 

Archived