IGNORED

Player of the Season & Young Player

The Gasbuster

Tammy for both.

Not just for his goals but his complete approach.

I honestly cannot think of anyone else who has shown the consistency he has, and we'd be relegated already without him.

The lad will have a glittering career if he applies himself like his has here in his first full year.

4 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Don't see Tammy winning both personally. Maybe Tammy as player of the year and O'Dowda or Brownhill as young player.

But Tammy is younger than them both.. its stupid to not give him young player of the season just because he'll probably win player of the season!

Tammy has played almost every game - not sure who we could put in young player of the year who's both played well, and got any decent game time. So Tammy for young player of the year. Player of the year, tough one.... so hell let's give them both to Tammy !! 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tammy for both. Anyone else is a dilution of the award imho. Speaks volumes to me that a 19 year old is so far ahead of anyone else. 

Nailed it with that post Dave

I smiled on Friday as without knowing any of our players three stood out for me in terms of have played at the top - GON (Not necessarily by a storming performance but some real touches of genuine class and experience) 

or certainly will-  Tammy

And a real bonus for me personally , one who looks to have real potential to do so. COD

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, samo II said:

Tammy for both.

Not just for his goals but his complete approach.

I honestly cannot think of anyone else who has shown the consistency he has, and we'd be relegated already without him.

The lad will have a glittering career if he applies himself like his has here in his first full year.

Great Post Samo - And the highlighted / underlined bit - a greater testimony to the lad than his goals

It's undoubtedly Tammy for both. Nobody else has played that many games and has been that good.

The more interesting choice for me is who'd be second for POTY. To throw a name in who's not been mentioned as yet, and partially due to a paucity of options how about Wilbs? Appeared 30+ times, not let us down and has led in adversity. Bit of a sentimental choice undoubtedly but he definitely walks out of this season with reputation enhanced.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

It's undoubtedly Tammy for both. Nobody else has played that many games and has been that good.

The more interesting choice for me is who'd be second for POTY. To throw a name in who's not been mentioned as yet, and partially due to a paucity of options how about Wilbs? Appeared 30+ times, not let us down and has led in adversity. Bit of a sentimental choice undoubtedly but he definitely walks out of this season with reputation enhanced.

Would make a good 'player's player' choice I think.

Going slightly off topic, I really think O'Dowda is starting to move from nearly ready (or whatever the term was) to ready.  I often talk about partnerships, and I think he helped bring the best out of Joe on Friday.  Would love to see Joe become consistent in any position.  If that is left back (with the type of performance v Huddersfield) with COD in front then I'm happy with that.

I really hope we see the emergence of Taylor Moore too.  I think he'll go further than COD.  If the fans favourite Flint was to go, I'd gave no worries with perming two from Moore, Wright and Magnússon.

Ditto Lucic.  Not seen anything in Giefer that says he's any better in English football than what we had.

I'm not giving up on Engvall, even if Johnson has.  He will probably come good somewhere else if`Johnson remains.

That's not forgetting O'Leary, Vyner, McCoulsky - would like to see him in action for the first team at some point (Hull wasn't long enough) to see if he's got it.

The future is bright...just need to stay in this division.  Brownhill has already broken through.

Tammy and Matty Taylor all day long for me . The latter may not have played too much  but just signing that contract made me laugh my t@@s off at the Gas ever since. On a serious note , Taylor was clearly signed with next season in mind rather than this one ! 

Archived