IGNORED

Songs/Chants of Old

Yozzarian

As someone whose first season was the fantastic 89-90 promotion year as a teenager the whole experience was fantastic. Apart from the mania of standing/jumping around behind the East End goal one thing that lingers in the memory are the huge range of songs that we sang and how impressive it was that they would continue throughout the matches. Every player had a song - personal fav 'Pyschos gonna get you.  

While im now a season ticket holder and again living in Bristol, there were many years where I didn't see many games - somewhere along the line a lot of classic songs were dropped and we sing a lot less frequently. I understand the game has changed and a lot of it is down to how well we are doing but even 2 seasons ago we no longer maintain songs for very long and have dropped many favs. The reason I mention this now is that against Huddersfield there was a brief rendition of 'One man went to burn' that may have been sung by just a few but was great to hear. Where did these songs go and can they be brought back?

- One man went to burn..

- Lets go ******* mental..

- If you see him on the corner...

- Everywhere we go..

- You can stick your ******* flag...sideways!

- You're sh*t Ah.. (With the Ahs going on for a while & repeated incessantly to upset the keeper)

Anyone else miss these and want to be instrumental in resurrecting them?  What were your favourites?

It was nice to hear "one man went to burn" in the south stand on Friday, although when it got round to 10 for the 3rd time I was beginning to get fed up!

I think compared to a lot of other clubs we still have a wider collection of songs sung regularly.

Looking forward to next season when the Atyeo fans come out into the south stand. That should encourage everyone to get involved.

You're going in the river .

It was moving to hear ' Hit 'im on the 'ead with a baseball bat ' on Saturday.

Then the campfire favourite ' you're gonna get your  frocking head kicked in ' .

The gentle and melodious 

" come an ave à go if you think you're ard enough " 

Who can forget The East End gospel choir singing 

' The referee's à winker ' 

?

5 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

It was nice to hear "one man went to burn" in the south stand on Friday, although when it got round to 10 for the 3rd time I was beginning to get fed up!

I think compared to a lot of other clubs we still have a wider collection of songs sung regularly.

Looking forward to next season when the Atyeo fans come out into the south stand. That should encourage everyone to get involved.

Myself and the three I sit with in the SS all said that we can't wait for next year as the SS should be rocking. There was a moment where one song swept around the 'horseshoe' one stand at a time and I think we will see a lot more of that.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That one definitely needs to keep going .....we must keep the memory of one of our greatest ever players very much alive....

Along with "Oh Wayney Wayney, Wayney Wayney Wayney Wayney Allison".

3 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

What's that coming over the hill? Is it Showunmi.

Get into em, f#ck em up!

super Dziekanowski.

Ago, Ago Ago, Ago Ago, Ago Agostino!

You're my Martin Kuhl. To the tune of Oasis' Wonderwall.

Change some of the players names of yesteryear to more recent ones, could be revived!

I forgot we had so many!

37 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

There was also a 'doobie doobie dooo' but that didn't get going quite as well! 

48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

John Galley, superstar, how many goals have you scored so far?  (could be changed to Abraham, superstar?) 

You stick your left leg in........

Bob Bob Super Bob

Hey Jonesy 

I'd go a million miles for one of your goals , oh Galley!

To the tune of "Buttercups & daisies", one from the early 70s.

As I was walking along Stapleton Road

singing, singing City are the champions

I saw Don Megson lying in the road I-O, I-O

I said to him what's up my friend

He said the East Ends here again

singing, singing City are the champions

singing, singing City are the best

Before the Premiership broke away and particularly relevant in 75 -76

We're going to Division 1 we're going to the top

We're better than United and louder than the Kop

Our name is Bristol City and we play at Ashton Gate

So come on you City fans and sing to celebrate