IGNORED

Ban Mid Season Sackings?

Super

I don't think they should ban mid season sackings that's part and parcel of the industry. I do think however like players if a manager moves during the season they should be "cup-tied" and not allowed on the touchline/dugout during a cup run if they've already managed a team in the competition.

Be impossible to introduce, how can anyone tell a business that they are unable to sack an employee unless it's at a certain time of the year?

The only thing that you maybe could implement is that a manager who is in contract is unable to move to another club unless it is in a transfer window.

By that I mean that say we were to sack LJ in October, we couldn't approach a manager at another club until the next transfer window so we would only be able to hire either from within or another manager who is out of work.

But this would mean clubs either having to trust their appointments 100% or clubs will all take a risk by replacing a manager in a transfer window without any real reason to, other than fear of what might happen.

Why do managers even care? Typically, when a manager is sacked the remaining terms of their contract is paid up. If we sack LJ, he'll be paid by us until he joins another club. I think that if anyone on here was told that they had to leave their job today, but would continue to be paid in full for a year as long as they don't work throughout that year, they'd be straight down the pub celebrating.

As already said, it's impossible to introduce as a rule, but we could quite easily introduce a rule where managers needed to be registered to a squad for each transfer window, although I imagine this would change the manager/assistant role significantly. It could become a great way to get English coaches into full-time management, or could oversee a drastic shift in power in the backroom.

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Gary Neville. Says it all

Quite. From the chant thread I think a couple of rounds of "He's the meanest, he s....." is in order.

No one actually gets sacked though do they. If I was incompentent at my job, a sacking might be in order, and would be just that. I wouldn't have a huge pay off or continue to be paid for the next god only knows number of years. So let's not get too apolgetic about what goes on. I imagine it's virtually impossible to really sack a manager/head coach.

Archived