IGNORED

Bogey Teams

cummins17

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's a singularly rare event, but incredibly we beat Wolves 1-0 at home only last season, 3rd November '15.

I must have been there but can't remember a single event from that game.........:disapointed2se:

Must be an age thing...

24 minutes ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Here's another discussion: who are we a bogey side for?

Will probably be L1 sides, Gillingham instantly spring to mind.

Southampton I reckon, we've done very well out of them at this level.

1 hour ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Here's another discussion: who are we a bogey side for?

Will probably be L1 sides, Gillingham instantly spring to mind.

Huddersfield, at home, we've historically done well against

Port Vale is someone who springs to mind as someone who don't get a lot off us, could be wrong? 

8 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

OK here goes:

Derby (no wins in 8)

Reading (7 straight losses against them and 2 wins in 14)

Brighton (6 defeats and a draw in 7 games)

Leeds (1 win in 10 including 8 losses)

Preston (no wins in 7)

Cardiff (2 wins and 10 defeats in 15)

Newcastle (no wins in 11)

Wolves (1 win in 15)

QPR (1 win in 11)

Blackburn (4 defeats in 6 recent meetings)

Birmingham (no wins and 9 defeats in 11)

Brentford (4 defeats and a draw in 5)

So basically half the entire divison are bogey sides which shows how crap we are at competing at this level.

Back in the early 90s, I remember it being Oxford. A trip to the Manor Ground was always a certain defeat... Did we ever win there?

On the bright side, we have a good recent record against Forest, Huddersfield, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday.

Bloody hell that's worrying that is 7 of our last 8 opponents there

6 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Darren Dunning on the team sheet. Had to look him up, no recollection whatsoever! Have seen his photo now and STILL don't remember him!

I remember him seeing him play away at Wrexham on the first game of Wilson's spell. I'm pretty sure he was on loan from Blackburn. He was there at the same time as Damien Duff and David Dunn. They liked their Double D's back then!

6 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

I remember him seeing him play away at Wrexham on the first game of Wilson's spell. I'm pretty sure he was on loan from Blackburn. He was there at the same time as Damien Duff and David Dunn. They liked their Double D's back then!

Quite fond of Double Ds myself :whistle:

56 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't imagine Coventry are in any rush to host us.

Some time ago there was a thread on here "Happy hunting grounds" (?) where we listed grounds City have won at on at least three of their last four visits. Coventry, Scunny, P'boro', N'hampton were the starters and then it was surprising who else was added to the list. I asked who has played at least two League games at AG and never won. Several of you threw in suggestions. The answer would be a good quiz question; "What do  the following have in common"?

Gainsborough, Glossop, Burton, Hartlepool, Fleetwood, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Chelsea and Manchester City

13 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

OK here goes:

Derby (no wins in 8)

Reading (7 straight losses against them and 2 wins in 14)

Brighton (6 defeats and a draw in 7 games)

Leeds (1 win in 10 including 8 losses)

Preston (no wins in 7)

Cardiff (2 wins and 10 defeats in 15)

Newcastle (no wins in 11)

Wolves (1 win in 15)

QPR (1 win in 11)

Blackburn (4 defeats in 6 recent meetings)

Birmingham (no wins and 9 defeats in 11)

Brentford (4 defeats and a draw in 5)

So basically half the entire divison are bogey sides which shows how crap we are at competing at this level.

Back in the early 90s, I remember it being Oxford. A trip to the Manor Ground was always a certain defeat... Did we ever win there?

On the bright side, we have a good recent record against Forest, Huddersfield, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday.

exactly thats what i said on city till i die all these teams appear to have a voodoo over us divvys on there talking about ten out a possible fifteen points next five games this is teams we dont beat often

14 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Been to Bournemouth several times over 40 years and never seen us doing anything but lose - 0-1 mostly.

You've been unlucky Chief, we won five away games at Bournemouth from 1999 to 2006...and we also drew a couple at their place in the same time period. We haven't played them since.....

Conversely, I went to Ninian Park five times and saw five victories for us.....almost made up for being bombarded with coins and bottles of piss while the South Wales police just grinned at us.

On one notable occasion (during an epic 0-3 for us) a steward launched an umbrella into our enclosure like a javelin thrower! But I believe some of their banned hoolies managed to get into games by becoming stewards, which would explain it! 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You've been unlucky Chief, we won five away games at Bournemouth from 1999 to 2006...and we also drew a couple at their place in the same time period. We haven't played them since.....

Can't remember the year precisely. But I went in the FA cup drew 0 0 . It was the same year rovers lost to hitchin town I think 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Conversely, I went to Ninian Park five times and saw five victories for us.....almost made up for being bombarded with coins and bottles of piss while the South Wales police just grinned at us.

On one notable occasion (during an epic 0-3 for us) a steward launched an umbrella into our enclosure like a javelin thrower! But I believe some of their banned hoolies managed to get into games by becoming stewards, which would explain it! 

Yep 3 0 . Pissed down turner and Taylor. Went year before as well. Drew 1 1 . Paul wimbleton. Scored I think 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

1984 - 1-2

1986 - 0-2

1998 - 0-1

2005 - 0-2

O.K. more 0-2s but not good.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow, you have been unlucky! By the way, just to be super picky, the way you've shown those scores, it looks like we won all those away games! 

Have seen us beat them at home a couple of times and an entertaining 2-2 (3-3 ?) draw in 2000 or 2001.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of Wolves........

I don't know how many times I've City play them both at AG and Molinuex but struggle to remember beating them.

Kelly and Steve Bull..............:facepalm:

I have been  would you believe 18  visits to Molinuex   2 draws  and 16 losses !    up until around 5 seasons ago   been to the florist 15 times   not a sniff of a win !

19 hours ago, cityred exile said:

I have been  would you believe 18  visits to Molinuex   2 draws  and 16 losses !    up until around 5 seasons ago   been to the florist 15 times   not a sniff of a win !

I think I`ve been there for most of those Wolves trips too. Imagine what it will be like when we do finally win one!

I think I`m right in saying that QPR have played at Forest something like 38 times and have never won so ours is small potatoes compared with that.

On 21/03/2017 at 20:56, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ninian park was always a great day out, always managed to buy a beer thanks to the baaadiff fans

I've seen City play several times at QPR, Ipswich and Plymouth and never seen us win there. We won 4-1 on my first trip to Brentford (late 90s) but never again on my subsequent visits. Wolves away has got to the stage where I don't want to set foot in that ground again. Our recent form at Cardiff is shocking but I haven't been there since they left Ninian so luckily have missed those defeats. First game there was the 3-0 in the rain with a great goal by Bob Taylor. 

On the flip side I'm pretty sure we had quite a long unbeaten run against Bolton until the 1990s.

On 3/21/2017 at 06:50, Ashtonwurzel said:

Been to Bournemouth several times over 40 years and never seen us doing anything but lose - 0-1 mostly.

Must have been year 2000, the day after Pulis left and we had the three amigo's in charge - what a day out at Bournemouth that was :-)

Archived