IGNORED

Tom Needs our help : Nearing 2000 signatures (Merged)

oldstandrobin

Thanks sunshine ! This is the first time in 66 years I am trying to get help for a daughter, debate yes but have a pop at my family and you incur a father's anger, we don't have £2500 so we try and raise it best we can.I see only one side naturally and try like all parents to protect their kids, no offence taken as my girl has done more in her 41 years than many do in 4 lifetimes

11 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Nil nisi bonum de familia.

Put yourself in the OP's position; this is not a thread for debate.  Support or keep quiet are the two options in this matter.

This.

Obviously a time of great stress for the OP's family.

Best to say nothing if not posting something positive.

38 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

I thought that this thread title was referring to the need to keep a family together in one of the stands given the recent hoo-hah about Season Card holders being forced out of their seats etc.

Surely, if anyone posts what is essentially a non-football related, crowd-funding thread on a Football Forum (and the moderators are foolish enough to let it stand), they have to expect 'opinions and debate'. Not everyone is going to be supportive of the original plea and they might well comment negatively.

Some people might think that if one chooses to marry a person from a South American country or any other far-distant place, the responsibility for investigating and understanding the rules regarding potential future UK residency falls fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the people directly involved and that it is not incumbent on the UK government to continually bend its laws to suit every plaintif with a hard-luck story, no matter how heart-rending a case it might be.

Actually, that's exactly how a functional democracy works. A citizen has the right to challenge the government through an independent judiciary on any matter they believe to be injurious to them (much as Donald Trump is discovering across the Atlantic). The barrier to this is he cost of accessing the UK legal system, which they are trying to rectify

So they have every right to ask the UK government to "bend its laws" and they have every right to ask strangers to donate money to their cause. Similarly, it is your right to withhold such a donation. However, neither you not our government has the right to tell people what they can or can not ask to be considered by the judiciary, nor can you or the government tell that judiciary how to decide on such a case

There's currently a brilliant series on Radio 4 about the notion of 'consent' in our political system which touches on this, well worth a listen 

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

You picked the wrong 'forum' for this sorry. Accept not everybody will agree, or remove this thread from OTIB.

I asked a Mod, Dollymarie first who said put it on this one and would then be moved, sorry Your Highness I didn't ask you first. I haven't clashed with you before but you appear to be a poster that disagrees with everything if it doesnt suit you. Remove it from OTIB, oh of course anything you say  Why not come and tell me face to face tomorrow night. W17 Row 5 Seat 27 ( if you have the balls) do you have kids ? Well one day you may have a similar predicament and if you didnt stand up for your family, well that would tell me everything.

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

A regular poster to the forum asks for a little help, ******* spoil it, sad.

thanks for the support mate, Thatch35 is either a shit stirrer with time on his hands, I hope he never faces a predicament like we are in at the moment, all we are doing is asking for donations £1 would be appreciated and he then thinks its a scam or whatever fits his warped agenda, I hope I never meet him face to face . Families are important to most but obviously he still gets his mum to wash and dress him to go to school, sorry, have to get it off my chest, praise for DollyMarie but I think we are fighting an uphill battle on OTIB. He makes assumptions without asking the source ie me....thats what PM's are for. Still will get the money through as much fundraising as we can. Wife and I have taken part time jobs to help Caroline Carlos and Thomas . WE WILL WIN

What a sad state of affairs!!

I read the original post yesterday, decided it was something I couldn't help with & just moved on to read another post.

Why have people got to post on EVERYTHING they have nothing to do with? Why can't people just realise that some people have different needs from their own?

What harm was it doing on the 'football forum' where it could be seen by more members & possibly attract more help?

But the high & mighty have to complain again!! It really like some people are only happy when they have something to moan about or someone to blame & put down!!

I really hope these same people never find themselves in a position where they need help & some high & mighty know it all decides to make a fuss out of their appeal for help!!

Why can't people just allow a Father do what he sees right by his family?!?

It really is a sad world we live in but sadly I'm not surprised!!

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

thanks for the support mate, Thatch35 is either a shit stirrer with time on his hands, I hope he never faces a predicament like we are in at the moment, all we are doing is asking for donations £1 would be appreciated and he then thinks its a scam or whatever fits his warped agenda, I hope I never meet him face to face . Families are important to most but obviously he still gets his mum to wash and dress him to go to school, sorry, have to get it off my chest, praise for DollyMarie but I think we are fighting an uphill battle on OTIB. He makes assumptions without asking the source ie me....thats what PM's are for. Still will get the money through as much fundraising as we can. Wife and I have taken part time jobs to help Caroline Carlos and Thomas . WE WILL WIN

**** the bloke. Plenty of assholes like him.

I've got 3 young 'uns under the age of 13. I'm lucky. I get to see them every other weekend and every Thursday. That's tough enough.

I'll chip in when I get paid. Good luck and keep on keeping on. X

@oldstandrobin I will donate at some stage and I'm wholeheartedly behind you and your family. May I also suggest a petition to give to the judge? 

I'm saddened to see some fellow posters being negative towards your campaign, in particular the reference to Brexit.

Of course, I think that it is possible that those posters would hope that someone reading this would jump on the bandwagon without reading the facts. Yes your daughter mentions Brexit happening a few days before your son in law was told he would have to be deported. Not because of Brexit. Nor was that inferred in anyway. She could have said a "few days after mega rock star so and so got married" or "shortly after the birthday of famous film actor so and so" it doesn't matter.

I read it as a way of jogging memories into how long ago this situation started. Type any old date in and people can't remember anything. Type something that happened around that date and you'll remember. 

I'm all for free speech and I'm all for open and honest debate but I'm also all for diplomacy and tact. A little boy may have to grow up without his daddy around him because some cranky old fogies with pokers up their backsides, living in London and getting hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, say so.

We can apply common sense. This man and his wife are more than capable of getting well paid employment and helping their community. Their son will be raised in this country surrounded by his family. He will be educated and probably himself get a well paid job and start a family of his own. 

If the worst case scenario happens, a little boy has to grow up without his daddy. His wife has to live without the man she loves. Just imagine the mental and physical pain for them both. Imagine you were told your partner had to leave and your kids would lose a parent. Just think. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

FFS, the state of some of you *******. A fellow fan is putting his pride aside and asking for help and all you can do is have snidey digs at him. It's little suprise that it's being stirred up by one of the biggest onanists on the forum.

If you don't want to help just stfu and go about your day, maybe after looking up the word 'empathy' in the dictionary.

Good luck @oldstandrobin, I hope things work out for your family.

20 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

**** the bloke. Plenty of assholes like him.

I've got 3 young 'uns under the age of 13. I'm lucky. I get to see them every other weekend and every Thursday. That's tough enough.

I'll chip in when I get paid. Good luck and keep on keeping on. X

Thanks mate.....nice to know good people around. Dave

21 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@oldstandrobin I will donate at some stage and I'm wholeheartedly behind you and your family. May I also suggest a petition to give to the judge? 

I'm saddened to see some fellow posters being negative towards your campaign, in particular the reference to Brexit.

Of course, I think that it is possible that those posters would hope that someone reading this would jump on the bandwagon without reading the facts. Yes your daughter mentions Brexit happening a few days before your son in law was told he would have to be deported. Not because of Brexit. Nor was that inferred in anyway. She could have said a "few days after mega rock star so and so got married" or "shortly after the birthday of famous film actor so and so" it doesn't matter.

I read it as a way of jogging memories into how long ago this situation started. Type any old date in and people can't remember anything. Type something that happened around that date and you'll remember. 

I'm all for free speech and I'm all for open and honest debate but I'm also all for diplomacy and tact. A little boy may have to grow up without his daddy around him because some cranky old fogies with pokers up their backsides, living in London and getting hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, say so.

We can apply common sense. This man and his wife are more than capable of getting well paid employment and helping their community. Their son will be raised in this country surrounded by his family. He will be educated and probably himself get a well paid job and start a family of his own. 

If the worst case scenario happens, a little boy has to grow up without his daddy. His wife has to live without the man she loves. Just imagine the mental and physical pain for them both. Imagine you were told your partner had to leave and your kids would lose a parent. Just think. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Thanks Peg...........Lovely post and the highlighted part will wrench us if it goes to that. Caroline will have to stop work to look after Tommy and will have to go on to benefits......how farcical !!

11 minutes ago, Stortz said:

FFS, the state of some of you *******. A fellow fan is putting his pride aside and asking for help and all you can do is have snidey digs at him. It's little suprise that it's being stirred up by one of the biggest onanists on the forum.

If you don't want to help just stfu and go about your day, maybe after looking up the word 'empathy' in the dictionary.

Good luck @oldstandrobin, I hope things work out for your family.

Thanks Stortz, getting encouragement on this forum makes me stronger as a human being and will help me achieve what we have set out to do. :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

What a sad state of affairs!!

I read the original post yesterday, decided it was something I couldn't help with & just moved on to read another post.

Why have people got to post on EVERYTHING they have nothing to do with? Why can't people just realise that some people have different needs from their own?

What harm was it doing on the 'football forum' where it could be seen by more members & possibly attract more help?

But the high & mighty have to complain again!! It really like some people are only happy when they have something to moan about or someone to blame & put down!!

I really hope these same people never find themselves in a position where they need help & some high & mighty know it all decides to make a fuss out of their appeal for help!!

Why can't people just allow a Father do what he sees right by his family?!?

It really is a sad world we live in but sadly I'm not surprised!!

Cheers Tipps, I believe Dolly meant it to go on the main forum to do exactly what I highlighted on your post but sadly a minority choose to take a different stance and ruin it. We are progressing with the fund-raising on FB and hopefully within 4/6 weeks make our target to pay the legal costs.The one thing is that the people who objected have made me even more resiliant and determined to get to the £2500 :yes:

26 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Cheers Tipps, I believe Dolly meant it to go on the main forum to do exactly what I highlighted on your post but sadly a minority choose to take a different stance and ruin it. We are progressing with the fund-raising on FB and hopefully within 4/6 weeks make our target to pay the legal costs.The one thing is that the people who objected have made me even more resiliant and determined to get to the £2500 :yes:

Good luck fella. I am bloody infuriated that this has been moved. So much for the Bristol City family. 

As a compromise perhaps it can be pinned at the top of the footy forum with a link taking you over to the non football thread. That way it's at the top. Of the footy forum. Just a thought mods. The vast majority have no problem with where it is as the boy is a City supporter. Is he not! And we have had plenty of these before. Some are just well beyond utter cocks!

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Good luck fella. I am bloody infuriated that this has been moved. So much for the Bristol City family. 

As a compromise perhaps it can be pinned at the top of the footy forum with a link taking you over to the non football thread. That way it's at the top. Of the footy forum. Just a thought mods. The vast majority have no problem with where it is as the boy is a City supporter. Is he not! And we have had plenty of these before. Some are just well beyond utter cocks!

Thanks Red, will PM Dolls about it. We are a family, that's why we take it on the chin in the bad times but have a few in our midst who just don't get it !!

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

And so am I. Particularly where the Marcus runs the London Marthon is pinned and remains on the main site, and others are - as they say - jumping on that band wagon.

But then nothing sadly surprises me any more. 

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Haven't quote all of it Vix, but a lovely post. Good on you lovely people helping to support with donations or kind words of encouragement.  The Bristol City Family is a wonderful thing at times. 

On 3/17/2017 at 18:31, JamesBCFC said:

@oldstandrobin I'm in a position where I cannot afford to donate at all, but should a petition be started I would be willing to sign that.

All the best to you and your family with this.

James

Petition is on

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/help-us-stop-the-government-from-splitting-our-family-up?bucket&source=facebook-share-button&time=1489964067

Can you pass on as well please...Thanks   Dave

25 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Signed and shared to my FB Dave. Got a fair few contacts on there who will sign it for you. Will also get/nag the hubby to sign it when he wakes up! 

Archived