IGNORED

Joe B gets community award.

Judda

Here's a link to the story

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/bryan-wins-pfa-community-champion-3636692.aspx

Cant help but think this is exactly the sort of thing that players should be doing in their spare time, and I mean this in honestly the nicest way possible, but am not sure it needs an actual award. It should just be expected of them. Hope I've worded what I'm trying to say right. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/bryan-wins-pfa-community-champion-3636692.aspx

Cant help but think this is exactly the sort of thing that players should be doing in their spare time, and I mean this in honestly the nicest way possible, but am not sure it needs an actual award. It should just be expected of them. Hope I've worded what I'm trying to say right. 

That's one of the five pillars in action. :thumbsup:

Fair play to JB.

15 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

While I agree with what you're saying, I understand the award to be for the person who has done the most with regards to the community, not just being given for doing it.

It's something the PFA brought in themselves, so not sure if clubs really have a say in actually having the award.

38 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Know what you're saying and I agree that community events are and should be part of the role of a player.

That said, it's also something for CHSW to champion, which might encourage more people to either donate directly or if they were thinking 'what charity should I run a marathon for this year' it might point them in that direction.

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I agree they should do this but they don't have to. Therefore if someone exceeded expectations then why not thank them?!? Just a bit of gentle encouragement to all of them to do a bit more...

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I agree but why limit it to just players, if we all helped, society would be a far better enviroment.

Fair play to JB for setting a good example :clap::clap::clap:

4 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I agree but why limit it to just players, if we all helped, society would be a far better enviroment.

Fair play to JB for setting a good example :clap::clap::clap:

I guess cos most of us have more commitments ("working" a lot more hours in a week than your  average footballer) and so sportsmen and women have more free time. 

This really isn't a pop at Joe, i'd like to see more of our players doing this sort of thing. The world needs more good male role models in particular. :) 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I guess cos most of us have more commitments ("working" a lot more hours in a week than your  average footballer) and so sportsmen and women have more free time. 

This really isn't a pop at Joe, i'd like to see more of our players doing this sort of thing. The world needs more good male role models in particular. :) 

I understand you weren't having a pop at Joe & I apologise if I gave that impression.

Here in Oz many sports personalities now do heaps of good work, as I'm sure they do in the UK. Yes your right about busy lifestyles make it difficult to find the time & I guess that's what makes some of these people even more special when they make the time. Many of the retired sports stars in Oz enjoy good positions in employment with large sports type businesses that involve visiting schools/hospitals etc.

Anyhow it's nice to see good work getting noticed.

25 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I suppose so, but more free time doesn't automatically equal more charitable actions... You still have to go out and make the effort, which Joe has. 

Archived