IGNORED

Conclusions from last Friday

Top Robin

3 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

If so then absolutely.

Didn't JP and SC also have a troubled relationship and big falling out also ? Sure that was muted when SC was sacked.

Don't know. I did hear (on here) that there was some kind of bust up, but not sure when exactly.

It was City's pressing that impressed me and it made a huge difference. Against Flum there was no pressing at all so it came as a surprise to me to see City employ the tactic on Friday.

Lets not forget that Junior is still very young and inexperienced for a managerial position in football and he will make tactical and formation errors for those reasons but he definitely got it right against Huddersfield.

Lets hope we see the same level of performance at Griffin Park next week.

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I heard they fell out last summer, so was inevitable

If true and I don't doubt you then that begs the question (that as much as I was a fan of JP)  why the **** was it allowed to fester for so long.

It also makes total sense hearing this as to why the board sent MA to LJ after the Burton to tell him JP should go then and not in the Summer as was planned

9 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

If true and I don't doubt you then that begs the question (that as much as I was a fan of JP)  why the **** was it allowed to fester for so long.

It also makes total sense hearing this as to why the board sent MA to LJ after the Burton to tell him JP should go then and not in the Summer as was planned

I don't know… I was gutted when JP went. 

I also heard that there was another falling out around that time, that precipitated the decision to get rid. The fact (according to MA) that LJ wanted him gone in the summer anyway, doesn't sound like there was a positive relationship between them. Who knows!

• Admin
18 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I am totally confused by this season.

1 An excellent start, an appalling middle, and then a great victory over a top side

2 Sacking of Pemberton, who supposedly LJ wanted to get rid of in the summer, followed by an improvement on the pitch

3 The unexplained and decidedly odd deal with Rovers

4 The total absence of much sign of life from an emasculated Board

5 The signing of players in both summer and January market, including internationals, who feature hardly at all

6 The loss of Chief Scout largely unexplained

7 The enigmatic role of MA

8 The unacceptable situation re fans liaison officer

etc, etc, etc.

3, 5 & 6 :ph34r:

Archived