IGNORED

2 years ago today

Super

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Think I ended up back in Bristol about midnight. The M4 was chaos on the way home!

Yeah there was an accident. I remember sitting with Oskar and his mum for over an hour in one of the service stations as nothing was moving on the motorway, we popped in the services and it seemed like the rest of the City fans had had the same idea. We then couldn't get out of the service station! :blink:

Great day out, don't remember much of the game though.  Got into Victoria and the pub at the station was full of City and the Gents had been well and truly stickerbombed, didn't think there'd be that many coming up from the south coast!

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Top day out. And because we were that good at the time, the outcome was never in doubt.

Was a great occasion but not that good a match as we were a class above Walsall.

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And as if the result of that game wasn't in any doubt, we reminded Walsall of our then superiority when they came to the Gate for the league fixture.

If memory serves; we toyed with them in the first half at home and then moved up a gear in the second 45.

They actually took the lead in that game!

I didn't go. :(

My Mrs told me to reign it in a bit and decide what games to go to so I went to Bradford and Chesterfield instead.

I've seen city in 4 finals so it was a 'no brainer' for me. I didn't feel so great at the time watching the match on the tele though. :grr:

Bloody woman! 

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

you must have found a shortcut I got home at nearly 1 am!!

Got back at about 1.30,our coach driver ran out of driving time,had to wait for a replacement driver to meet us at Chippenham,there were about 6 or 7 other coaches in the same position as ours.

Archived