IGNORED

Spudski, anyone? (Merged)

reddogkev

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Spud will come back when you're all wrong about sacking LJ, I'm only still here to read the arguments.

Personally, I'm only here to find out if that dog is ever going to bite the unfortunate person in your picture.  What happened next???

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

What there is life away from OTIB? 

I think everyone should try giving up the forum for a week (not all at the same time) to break the addiction. A big like giving up alcohol for a month, but much more difficult. 

22 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I think me and @spudski are two of the only people that have never called for LJ's head. He's the right man for us. We play some cracking stuff sometimes. 

and me, I am in that club (and I did not like him as a player, nor want him as a manager)...

But I was one of the few who voted on this forum to keep him, after the then 10 millionth defeat (or however many it was)...

For me, there is not a stream of great alternatives, I thought he was worth sticking with dispite the mistakes and form.. If we get more Hudderfields I will be happy to have been proved right for once in my life...

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I just thought he was yoda

Nahh... it was just four words.

I think the fullstops are there to help us understand just how long it took to think each word up.

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Obviously not.  Need someone well educated, someone who's done a bit, got his badges, knows football inside out, has a high opinion of himself and a low opinion of others.  Do you know anyone?

Well I'm educated, to a level, and certainly 'did a bit' back in the day.  I've also my tapestry badge from Cubs.

I know **** all about football though.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Personally, I'm only here to find out if that dog is ever going to bite the unfortunate person in your picture.  What happened next???

Honestly I've never been able to find out, I didn't know what to have as a picture so just typed in something like "funny picture". It'll be iconic in a few years when I'm bored enough to be posting on here constantly. 

And some of the posts in this thread have shown the bad things of otib!!

The personal attacks & point scoring at certain individuals cost is nothing short of bullying!!

But it's only 'bants' innit!!

If someone has a different view to someone on here they must be wrong or not know what their talking about or even have no right to discuss certain things, it's like some people aren't good enough in some people's eyes & if they are unable to discuss things in an adult manner, they have to resort to name calling etc.

It is possible for two people to be right in a conversation (or wrong) & for two people to discuss things without agreeing with one another but for one person to be able to see another persons view but that doesn't seem to be a concept that is viable on here, especially with certain posters.

Over the last few months this place has become very toxic with people going well over the top & attacking individuals because they dared to have a different view & people overreacted in a way I don't think I've ever seen on here before, it was like all common sense had disappeared from human thinking.

Over the last few weeks respected forum members have seen the need to take a step back from here, while the certain aggressive members have carried on hounding out anyone who doesn't agree with them & the name calling & back stabbing has become a far more frequent occurrence on otib.

And for that reason, this place is becoming a poorer place with no real quality discussion or posts to debate on.

People have seemingly lost all sense of respect for others & that is a sad state to be in but sadly that's the way some people seem to think is acceptable.

The reality is that we all support the same football team but that is all it is, a football team & there are far more important things going on in people's everyday lives but some are lucky enough to not have anything to worry about in the real world & their football teams results really do seem like life & death to them, maybe in a few weeks or months or even years something will happen to these same people that makes them realise that in the grand scheme of things, your football teams results don't have a bearing on what is going on in people's real lives!!

14 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And some of the posts in this thread have shown the bad things of otib!!

The personal attacks & point scoring at certain individuals cost is nothing short of bullying!!

But it's only 'bants' innit!!

If someone has a different view to someone on here they must be wrong or not know what their talking about or even have no right to discuss certain things, it's like some people aren't good enough in some people's eyes & if they are unable to discuss things in an adult manner, they have to resort to name calling etc.

It is possible for two people to be right in a conversation (or wrong) & for two people to discuss things without agreeing with one another but for one person to be able to see another persons view but that doesn't seem to be a concept that is viable on here, especially with certain posters.

Over the last few months this place has become very toxic with people going well over the top & attacking individuals because they dared to have a different view & people overreacted in a way I don't think I've ever seen on here before, it was like all common sense had disappeared from human thinking.

Over the last few weeks respected forum members have seen the need to take a step back from here, while the certain aggressive members have carried on hounding out anyone who doesn't agree with them & the name calling & back stabbing has become a far more frequent occurrence on otib.

And for that reason, this place is becoming a poorer place with no real quality discussion or posts to debate on.

People have seemingly lost all sense of respect for others & that is a sad state to be in but sadly that's the way some people seem to think is acceptable.

The reality is that we all support the same football team but that is all it is, a football team & there are far more important things going on in people's everyday lives but some are lucky enough to not have anything to worry about in the real world & their football teams results really do seem like life & death to them, maybe in a few weeks or months or even years something will happen to these same people that makes them realise that in the grand scheme of things, your football teams results don't have a bearing on what is going on in people's real lives!!

its not just otib tipps, its society in general mate

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its not just otib tipps, its society in general mate

Maybe I only notice on here mate as I've ditched all forms of social media since my accident so don't really have any contact with the rest of the world!!

But this place never used to be like this but I guess if we all took a step back we'd notice just how many respected members have taken a step back, never to be seen on here again!! And it has made this place a poorer place.

25 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Maybe I only notice on here mate as I've ditched all forms of social media since my accident so don't really have any contact with the rest of the world!!

But this place never used to be like this but I guess if we all took a step back we'd notice just how many respected members have taken a step back, never to be seen on here again!! And it has made this place a poorer place.

it has been like it before, under mcinnes and sod when we were deep in relegation trouble

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I read somewhere on here last week that Spudski is no longer on OTIB, but I have no idea if this is true.

I don't recall seeing him post on here now for a while, so wondering if this is the case?

If so, SOS to Spudski, where are you???

Always enjoy reading your posts.  Hopefully, this is nonsense, and Spudski is still active...

WTGR WGAFF.

Archived