IGNORED

Spudski, anyone? (Merged)

reddogkev

• Admin
19 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

If you recall, I started a thread a few months back asking where Spudski was, as I appreciated his comments and his time on the forum.  I echo your sentiment and would appreciate his return.

and as if by magic . . . . 

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 08:40, Monkeh said:

just because you have a coaching badge doesn't mean you are working in the game currently 

It usually means that one is good at passing examinations and tests.

I know it's frustrating chaps that some on here only seem to want to spread discontent and anger with their poor spelling and non existent understanding of English grammar, let alone football.

It's up to us, the sensible ones, who have been taught proper manners, to maintain our standards in the face of adversity.

So just inane banter please without personal attacks. But first let's get rid of the troublemakers!

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Spudski last posted on March 4th saying he was going to give this forum a rest for a while. He was getting flak for not wanting LJ to be sacked. As it transpired, Spudski displayed a wise head while others, including myself after a while, lost theirs. Having met him I can say he is a top bloke and this forum is the poorer for his absence.

I miss Spudski and his informative comments and hope others can join me in this thread in encouraging him to return. 

I couldn't agree more mate this forum is getting boring without Spudski's knowledge. Mind you he is still probably celebrating Forests greens promotion to the league

Went thru a spell of not agreeing with a lot of what Spud said, no arguements, just a healthy disagreement or two

Had a decent chat on PM about it all, he's a nice guy. Obviously knows a thing / person or two, as he's not shy of telling you, but if you find yourself in the same situation as me, drop him a line. Might change your opinion of him

Places like this are poorer when decent posters feel like they can't be arsed with it. Agree / disagree, but at least you can have a decent chat with him. We all want what's best for City, I guess?, but we could be top of the Prem and have FA Cup and European Cup finals to look forward to and we'd still argue. It's why we love the club so much

Spud, hope you're doing well, fella :thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Went thru a spell of not agreeing with a lot of what Spud said, no arguements, just a healthy disagreement or two

Had a decent chat on PM about it all, he's a nice guy. Obviously knows a thing / person or two, as he's not shy of telling you, but if you find yourself in the same situation as me, drop him a line. Might change your opinion of him

Places like this are poorer when decent posters feel like they can't be arsed with it. Agree / disagree, but at least you can have a decent chat with him. We all want what's best for City, I guess?, but we could be top of the Prem and have FA Cup and European Cup finals to look forward to and we'd still argue. It's why we love the club so much

Went through the exact same in the SOD through to early SC days. Me and Spudski still didn't agree on much about that time but he has been one of my favourite posters on here since and did look out for his comments when he was active.

Hope he starts posting again soon.

I don't miss him at all. Long since stopped reading anything he said. He is still on ignore and will remain there so I am not sure I care if he posts or not.

However....

.....Stay where you are Spudski and think of your blood pressure. 

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I think that's the main thing, this is a forum....you ain't gonna agree with everyone, all of the time.  There are a group in here who I have a lot of respect for their posts, because they try to explain what they say....at least you can understand why they might write something, even if you don't agree.  Spud is one of those.  He believes his views are right, that is fine....you can challenge him if you can give a good reason.

There are a few I disagree with 90% of the time (you know who you are), but I still respect their views.

Hope you're ok Spud.

Archived