IGNORED

Spudski, anyone? (Merged)

reddogkev

5 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I think me and @spudski are two of the only people that have never called for LJ's head. He's the right man for us. We play some cracking stuff sometimes. 

I still think LJ will take us up to the Premier League! I'm hoping all my predictions come true; pre-match on Friday in the City cafe I told a someone that I'd never met before that we'd win 4 nil. He thought I was on drugs too! 

5 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

You can count me in your club as well!

Me too. Everything will come good one day. The day my lottery ticket comes up perhaps. November-February was dire but his other 9 months (ish) were OK. I admit Monk and Wagner have done better though!

13 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

And some of the posts in this thread have shown the bad things of otib!!

The personal attacks & point scoring at certain individuals cost is nothing short of bullying!!

But it's only 'bants' innit!!

If someone has a different view to someone on here they must be wrong or not know what their talking about or even have no right to discuss certain things, it's like some people aren't good enough in some people's eyes & if they are unable to discuss things in an adult manner, they have to resort to name calling etc.

It is possible for two people to be right in a conversation (or wrong) & for two people to discuss things without agreeing with one another but for one person to be able to see another persons view but that doesn't seem to be a concept that is viable on here, especially with certain posters.

Over the last few months this place has become very toxic with people going well over the top & attacking individuals because they dared to have a different view & people overreacted in a way I don't think I've ever seen on here before, it was like all common sense had disappeared from human thinking.

Over the last few weeks respected forum members have seen the need to take a step back from here, while the certain aggressive members have carried on hounding out anyone who doesn't agree with them & the name calling & back stabbing has become a far more frequent occurrence on otib.

And for that reason, this place is becoming a poorer place with no real quality discussion or posts to debate on.

People have seemingly lost all sense of respect for others & that is a sad state to be in but sadly that's the way some people seem to think is acceptable.

The reality is that we all support the same football team but that is all it is, a football team & there are far more important things going on in people's everyday lives but some are lucky enough to not have anything to worry about in the real world & their football teams results really do seem like life & death to them, maybe in a few weeks or months or even years something will happen to these same people that makes them realise that in the grand scheme of things, your football teams results don't have a bearing on what is going on in people's real lives!!

Spudski has been treated with courtesy and light jests in the face of his support is shit, fans are useless posts. 

His arrogant and rude posts contain contempt for fellow Bristol City fans.

He has got a FA level one coaching badge though  ...

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Spudski has been treated with courtesy and light jests in the face of his support is shit, fans are useless posts. 

We are not worthy! ;)

39 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

We are not worthy! ;)

We are not.  He probably thinks he's doing us a favour by staying away.  We're too thick to understand his football and coaching nounce.  Its lost on us lot, so he's probably using up his time away from here by passing on his wisdom to those more worthy like, Jose and Pep.  They might understand it.  Although you never know.

58 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Does anyone know if his "credentials" are real or if he/she made it all up.

Very very patronising. Why anyone working in the game would spend so much time on here sharing their vast knowledge with the plebs makes me suspicious.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

Very very patronising. Why anyone working in the game would spend so much time on here sharing their vast knowledge with the plebs makes me suspicious.

just because you have a coaching badge doesn't mean you are working in the game currently 

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I always valued his posts and thought he was very well informed and knew a great deal about the subject - I hope he returns to the forum very soon - I, for one, miss him!

He's too busy meeting up with ex-players, current players, managers, ex-managers, ex City managers, ex-City players, Football Agents, and Coaches that he claimed to have spoken to on a fairly regular basis - often just before he felt the need to give us fella(s) the inside track on the topic of the day !

I see some still aren't dealing well with Spuds quite accurate criticism of some fans - damn you Spud for shining a light on them, they've started scurrying around again.

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I see some still aren't dealing well with Spuds quite accurate criticism of some fans - damn you Spud for shining a light on them, they've started scurrying around again.

You bought the same badges on Groupon then ? Accurate criticism? You appear to be calling those who questioned his wisdom vermin with your last comment.

Elitist ****

29 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I think we need to stick with these fans, give them a break, get off their back. I'm sick of us always changing fans every year, and the personal abuse they get on here by some are a disgrace. These fans are highly thought of, they are up and coming (every game), they are bright, hungry, forward thinking, and, er, a young group who will make mistakes. We are lucky to have them.

Lets get behind our fans and together we can move forward and climb the table.

COYR.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

He could be a greasy haired, 40 something, who lives with his mum, and has a very well developed right arm. We'd never know!

45 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He's too busy meeting up with ex-players, current players, managers, ex-managers, ex City managers, ex-City players, Football Agents, and Coaches that he claimed to have spoken to on a fairly regular basis - often just before he felt the need to give us fella(s) the inside track on the topic of the day !

Plays golf with Tarbie and Brucey.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

As I said, 'Bants innit'!!

While people that don't know him call him names & abuse him for the way he SUPPORTS the club!!

And let's get this clear, he has supported the club, he has encouraged the club & backed them throughout unlike those SUPPORTERS who have abused LJ, SL & MA, regardless of what certain individuals have done for this club!!

From starting & signing petitions to refusal to attend games again (despite having season tickets) to hand delivering a letter to LJ & many other over reactions which at times you'd of thought Bristol City Football Club were responsible for so much more than just losing some football matches!!

The response has been extreme to say the least & has led to these self proclaimed 'super fans' abusing their own fellow supporters & how dare anyone back the club or MA, SL or LJ because they must be a Gas Head or have some sort of alterior motive in backing the club!!

After weeks of being abused & questioned because he dared to have a view that was different to the 'super fans', he bit & gave a bit of abuse back & now those 'super fans' decide to hang on his every word because he's called them some 'nasty names'!!

Sorry but this used to be a forum where people with different views could discuss all things Bristol City & football related but now it has become a witch hunt for those who dare not agree with the 'super fans'!!

And for that reason many respected members of the forum have walked away from this forum because contrary to popular belief, there are far more important things going on in the vast majority of the world other than your football club losing!!

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

While people that don't know him call him names & abuse him for the way he SUPPORTS the club!!

And let's get this clear, he has supported the club, he has encouraged the club & backed them throughout unlike those SUPPORTERS who have abused LJ, SL & MA, regardless of what certain individuals have done for this club!!

From starting & signing petitions to refusal to attend games again (despite having season tickets) to hand delivering a letter to LJ & many other over reactions which at times you'd of thought Bristol City Football Club were responsible for so much more than just losing some football matches!!

The response has been extreme to say the least & has led to these self proclaimed 'super fans' abusing their own fellow supporters & how dare anyone back the club or MA, SL or LJ because they must be a Gas Head or have some sort of alterior motive in backing the club!!

After weeks of being abused & questioned because he dared to have a view that was different to the 'super fans', he bit & gave a bit of abuse back & now those 'super fans' decide to hang on his every word because he's called them some 'nasty names'!!

Sorry but this used to be a forum where people with different views could discuss all things Bristol City & football related but now it has become a witch hunt for those who dare not agree with the 'super fans'!!

And for that reason many respected members of the forum have walked away from this forum because contrary to popular belief, there are far more important things going on in the vast majority of the world other than your football club losing!!

Nothing to do with his support of under achieving coaches etc, there are a few who do that. Its the superior "know it all" condescending attitude of your mate that has prompted the comments on this thread,.

Name the respected members of the forum who have walked away could you please?

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Nothing to do with his support of under achieving coaches etc, there are a few who do that. Its the superior "know it all" condescending attitude of your mate that has prompted the comments on this thread,.

Name the respected members of the forum who have walked away could you please?

Over the years there are far too many to name but I'm sure other longstanding members of this forum can name members that have walked away because of how this forum is.

And oh yeah, he's no more of a mate than anyone else on here, I've never been for a pint with him or been anywhere with him but because I dare to stand up for him, there must be something more to it!! I rest my case!!

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Yes.. He abused fellow supporters. Yes his posts maligned en bloc fans of Bristol City including those who have supported the club for decades. That has gone on for a significant period. Fans of BCFC are NOT shit. 100% WRONG that.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Over the years there are far too many to name but I'm sure other longstanding members of this forum can name members that have walked away because of how this forum is.

Good lord, its a forum for debate.  Sometimes it gets heated.  People have different opinions.  If people get that badly affected by it that they have to have a 'time out' or have walked away then good riddance.  Jesus wept.  Some people are so precious.

Spudski has been condescending to a number of people on here and city fans in general.  He gets some back, throw his toys out the pram and runs away.  Hopefully the door did knock him on the ass on his way out.

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Good lord, its a forum for debate.  Sometimes it gets heated.  People have different opinions.  If people get that badly affected by it that they have to have a 'time out' or have walked away then good riddance.  Jesus wept.  Some people are so precious.

Spudski has been condescending to a number of people on here and city fans in general.  He gets some back, throw his toys out the pram and runs away.  Hopefully the door did knock him on the ass on his way out.

And maybe his reason for biting back was because of the way he was attacked on here by many, for quite a length of time? I don't know, I guess only Spudski would know.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

And maybe his reason for biting back was because of the way he was attacked on here by many, for quite a length of time? I don't know, I guess only Spudski would know.

Six and two threes in my opinion.  He was condescending and looked down on some city fans.  Others took offence to that and baited him.

Archived