IGNORED

Spudski, anyone? (Merged)

reddogkev

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And maybe his reason for biting back was because of the way he was attacked on here by many, for quite a length of time? I don't know, I guess only Spudski would know.

he does have a know it all attitude though and likes to lord it and is very condescending if you don't see it from his point of view, it rubs people up the wrong way,

Some of the abuse has been well out of order I agree with that, but he's been criticizing people for not having patients  and not seeing long term, It's hard for some to see that off the back of our worse ever run that seen us slide into the relegation places,

But personal attacks aren't needed they never are, unless he was kachina then its fully warranted 

24 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And maybe his reason for biting back was because of the way he was attacked on here by many, for quite a length of time? I don't know, I guess only Spudski would know.

Genuine question Tipps, but where was he 'attacked'? As stated by many on here already I only recall people (me included) picking him up on his (quite harsh at times) criticism of his fellow City supporters and their perceived behaviour by him which we were right to do imho. 

21 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Spudski argued his corner and defended his views - what a terrible crime on a forum!  I tended to agree with much of what he wrote and hope he will unfurl his keyboard and give us the benefit of his wisdom again before too long.

My bold: Exactly as others have done.  Yet, they've found themselves labeled as 'haters', 'not city fans' and 'told to stay away' etc., etc.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Genuine question Tipps, but where was he 'attacked'? As stated by many on here already I only recall people (me included) picking him up on his (quite harsh at times) criticism of his fellow City supporters and their perceived behaviour by him which we were right to do imho. 

He hasn't been attacked.  He cant take people disagreeing with him - as he always believes he's in the right.  So he's flounced off like a diva. 

A reasoned and interesting poster that found himself backed into a corner by his defence of LJ and SL.  As a self proclaimed 'football' person his position became untenable and he lashed out at everyone who 'can't see the bigger picture'.

When called out ended up having a hissy fit, it's a shame though miss the posts.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

A reasoned and interesting poster that found himself backed into a corner by his defence of LJ and SL.  As a self proclaimed 'football' person his position became untenable and he lashed out at everyone who 'can't see the bigger picture'.

When called out ended up having a hissy fit, it's a shame though miss the posts.

I found some of the anti LJ and anti SL posts pretty unpleasent and agreed with much of what Spudski wrote.  Some people should realise that others have string views and we will not always agree.  When people say they will not watch matches until Johnson goes - well I wonder what is going on in their heads (if anything!) because it would take more than a manager to stop me watching my team.  Pulis came close to making me question the point of our existence - but I stayed loyal through thick and thin.  I hope others will reconside their anti LJ/SL bile and return to the fold very soon!

15 minutes ago, lenred said:

He was attacked quite regularly on here for having differing views to those who seen themselves as the mainstream supporters but those same supporters ironically didn't actually seem to support the club (petitions, non use of season tickets & abusing those in charge at the club).

Spudski supported the club, he backed them & wanted them to succeed!! And for that he got abused & he bit back once & stuck up for himself & now he is being beaten with that very same stick.

Yet those who chose to show their support of the club by abusing SL, MA & or LJ, not attending games they had already paid for or signed a petition rather than give the club positive support when they needed it most, to help the club fight relegation think their actions are for the good of the club!!

Reality is, we are Bristol City & nothing is ever easy & we don't have enough supporters to be able to alienate any & force them away from the club & the club needs all the positive support it can get, especially at this time when we are fighting for Championship survival because it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realise that negativity breeds negative thoughts & support & that never helps anyone!!

The ironic thing I find amongst all of this is, I'm currently suffering from (and have been for nearly 2 years) from severe depression but the only positive thing I have going on in my life is Bristol City Football Club, the club I chose to support!! I wasn't forced to, I chose to, to help bring me pleasure in my life & it has done for roughly 40 years now, there have been some lows but throughout I have tried to positively support my chosen football club!!

Some on here only seem to be happy when they have someone or something to moan at & can pick the negatives out of things, that in my eyes isn't supporting your football club, it's not helping anyone connected with the club & isn't helping the club to achieve their goals.

Sometimes over the last few months, you wouldn't of thought that this was only a football club, the reaction by some has been nothing short of embarrassing but the personal abuse & ridiculing has been unacceptable but someone challenges this & it is met with more abuse!! People are going through so much worse in the real world but some are lucky to only have their football teams results to worry about. Lucky them!!

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

He was attacked quite regularly on here for having differing views to those who seen themselves as the mainstream supporters but those same supporters ironically didn't actually seem to support the club (petitions, non use of season tickets & abusing those in charge at the club).

Spudski supported the club, he backed them & wanted them to succeed!! And for that he got abused & he bit back once & stuck up for himself & now he is being beaten with that very same stick.

Yet those who chose to show their support of the club by abusing SL, MA & or LJ, not attending games they had already paid for or signed a petition rather than give the club positive support when they needed it most, to help the club fight relegation think their actions are for the good of the club!!

Reality is, we are Bristol City & nothing is ever easy & we don't have enough supporters to be able to alienate any & force them away from the club & the club needs all the positive support it can get, especially at this time when we are fighting for Championship survival because it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realise that negativity breeds negative thoughts & support & that never helps anyone!!

The ironic thing I find amongst all of this is, I'm currently suffering from (and have been for nearly 2 years) from severe depression but the only positive thing I have going on in my life is Bristol City Football Club, the club I chose to support!! I wasn't forced to, I chose to, to help bring me pleasure in my life & it has done for roughly 40 years now, there have been some lows but throughout I have tried to positively support my chosen football club!!

Some on here only seem to be happy when they have someone or something to moan at & can pick the negatives out of things, that in my eyes isn't supporting your football club, it's not helping anyone connected with the club & isn't helping the club to achieve their goals.

Sometimes over the last few months, you wouldn't of thought that this was only a football club, the reaction by some has been nothing short of embarrassing but the personal abuse & ridiculing has been unacceptable but someone challenges this & it is met with more abuse!! People are going through so much worse in the real world but some are lucky to only have their football teams results to worry about. Lucky them!!

That's a lot of exclamation marks.

On the 30th December, in the year 20 and 16, after we had lost for the 8th time in 9 games at Ipswich (only by one goal, though), spud looked upon OTIB and, observing the great unwashed multitude and their simple yet heartfelt threads and posts, of the tearing-out-of-hair and woe-is-us and gnashing-of-teeth and we-are-down and Johnson-you-*******-midg*t variety all over OTIB that Friday night, spud asked of the great unwashed multitude many questions, including:

"Exactly halfway through the season and 17th.......about right....no?"

And the great multitude of unwashed clueless who do not speak with the knowing agents of the game answered him straight back: "No."

And spud got the hump.

And so on it went........

36 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Pass me the smelling salts, Agatha. Jeez.

I think he's still right with the support. I'm sure most players would rather have noisy fans who give them a bollocking at half time like the manager would but also get them fired up in the first place. Players at the Bernabéu and great clubs seem to relish it. 

22 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I think me and @spudski are two of the only people that have never called for LJ's head. He's the right man for us. We play some cracking stuff sometimes. 

21 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

You can count me in your club as well!

20 hours ago, handsofclay said:

And me.

And me, though I came very close to it

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

He mentioned (I think) that he once worked for the community dept - organising sessions for kids I assume - for Bolton Wanderers I believe it was.  Luckily thy made a video of one of his sessions as an example to other coaches.

Here it is:

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

No offence but I guess you cant show me where he was 'attacked' then. I haven't seen any direct personal abuse or ridiculing to anyone (on this forum at least - Facebook is a different matter altogether) , just heated debate about the direction the people responsible for running our beloved club are taking, and arguing, quite rightly against people calling our support 'shit'. 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

No offence but I guess you cant show me where he was 'attacked' then. I haven't seen any direct personal abuse or ridiculing to anyone (on this forum at least - Facebook is a different matter altogether) , just heated debate about the direction the people responsible for running our beloved club are taking, and arguing, quite rightly against people calling our support 'shit'. 

Now I am not going to get in the where is Spudski debate as quite frankly I have had him on ignore for years. However our support under the most extreme circumstances the club has ever faced with the exception of 82 has been immense.

We have sold out yet again away and have a beam back. The resentment and frustration within the ground on match days has been minimal in view of the entire situation. If people post on here that they are unhappy (entirely pissed off and angry) that is in fact a good thing as it keeps it out of the stadium by and large.

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

As I said, 'Bants innit'!!

While people that don't know him call him names & abuse him for the way he SUPPORTS the club!!

And let's get this clear, he has supported the club, he has encouraged the club & backed them throughout unlike those SUPPORTERS who have abused LJ, SL & MA, regardless of what certain individuals have done for this club!!

From starting & signing petitions to refusal to attend games again (despite having season tickets) to hand delivering a letter to LJ & many other over reactions which at times you'd of thought Bristol City Football Club were responsible for so much more than just losing some football matches!!

The response has been extreme to say the least & has led to these self proclaimed 'super fans' abusing their own fellow supporters & how dare anyone back the club or MA, SL or LJ because they must be a Gas Head or have some sort of alterior motive in backing the club!!

After weeks of being abused & questioned because he dared to have a view that was different to the 'super fans', he bit & gave a bit of abuse back & now those 'super fans' decide to hang on his every word because he's called them some 'nasty names'!!

Sorry but this used to be a forum where people with different views could discuss all things Bristol City & football related but now it has become a witch hunt for those who dare not agree with the 'super fans'!!

And for that reason many respected members of the forum have walked away from this forum because contrary to popular belief, there are far more important things going on in the vast majority of the world other than your football club losing!!

Was he not just as scathing and negative towards Cotts.? Sorry you can't have it both ways .

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Was he not just as scathing and negative towards Cotts.? Sorry you can't have it both ways .

He was, changed his name to depths of despair and told everyone that cotta will take the club backwards and was not the right person and that we should of stuck with sod

we then finished mid table and went on to win the league and the cup

after that I never really gave him that much attention

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He was, changed his name to depths of despair and told everyone that cotta will take the club backwards and was not the right person and that we should of stuck with sod

we then finished mid table and went on to win the league and the cup

after that I never really gave him that much attention

I got so peed off that people actually quoted him and I had to make conscious decision to ignore him!

6 hours ago, Loon plage said:

You bought the same badges on Groupon then ? Accurate criticism? You appear to be calling those who questioned his wisdom vermin with your last comment.

Elitist ****

Looks like you are a tad sensitive, may I suggest you get the missus to give you a cuddle and assure you that the big bad world isn't out to get you. If you don't have someone to give you a cuddle, I suggest Pam and her five sisters.

Elitist? I'm not really sure where this came from (posh Tourettes?), but if you want to say it, by all means, fill your boots.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Sorry, no disrespect but there isn't a hope in hell that I'm going to trawl through everything that Spudski has posted over the recent months to find where he has been 'attacked', he has posted on here far too much for me (or anyone else) to be able to search his content & although I don't have much going on in my life, I still have too much going on to even attempt doing that!

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

But the issue isn't whether he supports one manager over another, the issue is the personal abuse / attacks on him.

He hasn't taken a step back from the forum because he backs LJ, SL & MA, he has taken a step back because this place had become toxic & the abuse he took because of his views.

Again, I'm not going to trawl through everything but I doubt Spudski resorted to personal abuse of other forum members because they didn't agree with him back then.

Archived