IGNORED

Spudski, anyone? (Merged)

reddogkev

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But the issue isn't whether he supports one manager over another, the issue is the personal abuse / attacks on him.

He hasn't taken a step back from the forum because he backs LJ, SL & MA, he has taken a step back because this place had become toxic & the abuse he took because of his views.

Again, I'm not going to trawl through everything but I doubt Spudski resorted to personal abuse of other forum members because they didn't agree with him back then.

Pretty sure he did . Anyway we're all grown ups . And if u can't handle a debate on a football forum. Maybe it's not the place for certain people. Man the **** up and get on with discussing and supporting city 

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But the issue isn't whether he supports one manager over another, the issue is the personal abuse / attacks on him.

He hasn't taken a step back from the forum because he backs LJ, SL & MA, he has taken a step back because this place had become toxic & the abuse he took because of his views.

Again, I'm not going to trawl through everything but I doubt Spudski resorted to personal abuse of other forum members because they didn't agree with him back then.

On behalf of the world's population, I would like to welcome you and Spud to the wonderful world of the Internet. 

7 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

As I said, 'Bants innit'!!

While people that don't know him call him names & abuse him for the way he SUPPORTS the club!!

And let's get this clear, he has supported the club, he has encouraged the club & backed them throughout unlike those SUPPORTERS who have abused LJ, SL & MA, regardless of what certain individuals have done for this club!!

From starting & signing petitions to refusal to attend games again (despite having season tickets) to hand delivering a letter to LJ & many other over reactions which at times you'd of thought Bristol City Football Club were responsible for so much more than just losing some football matches!!

The response has been extreme to say the least & has led to these self proclaimed 'super fans' abusing their own fellow supporters & how dare anyone back the club or MA, SL or LJ because they must be a Gas Head or have some sort of alterior motive in backing the club!!

After weeks of being abused & questioned because he dared to have a view that was different to the 'super fans', he bit & gave a bit of abuse back & now those 'super fans' decide to hang on his every word because he's called them some 'nasty names'!!

Sorry but this used to be a forum where people with different views could discuss all things Bristol City & football related but now it has become a witch hunt for those who dare not agree with the 'super fans'!!

And for that reason many respected members of the forum have walked away from this forum because contrary to popular belief, there are far more important things going on in the vast majority of the world other than your football club losing!!

Another preach 

Another one eyed view

Please show where he was 'abused' and 'called names'..........

'personal attacks and abuse''

'Weeks of being abused' .....

......add a bit ,add a bit ,make up,a bit , add a bit ...... eh 

dear oh dear 

Think you need to look back before you post shite

Try reading his

Hypocrite

26 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Again, I'm not going to trawl through everything but I doubt Spudski resorted to personal abuse of other forum members because they didn't agree with him back then

Wrong again - never mind , don't worry about the truth eh

Strange you can't be arsed to 'trawl' through everything when you seem so sure in what you've said in your long posts 

laughable 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Pretty sure he did . Anyway we're all grown ups . And if u can't handle a debate on a football forum. Maybe it's not the place for certain people. Man the **** up and get on with discussing and supporting city 

Personal abuse is not debating

and man the **** up isn't a valid arguement 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Alright monkeh. Don't get offended on the behalf of others . That's the problem these days. Man the **** up 

I do get offended about that mate, it was the one thing that was said to me when I was suffering with clinical depression and prob the worse thing you can say to some one like that,

while I know you mean it in jest, the one thing you can't see is the person on the other side of the keyboard,

anyway lets not go off topic and man the **** up ;)

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I do get offended about that mate, it was the one thing that was said to me when I was suffering with clinical depression and prob the worse thing you can say to some one like that,

while I know you mean it in jest, the one thing you can't see is the person on the other side of the keyboard,

anyway lets not go off topic and man the **** up ;)

Monkeh I'm sorry about that didn't mean any offence. Figure of speech. I will think before I type in future.;)

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Monkeh I'm sorry about that didn't mean any offence. Figure of speech. I will think before I type in future.;)

I know you meant no offence, and you can generally tell who can take bangs and who can't but it can be hard,

19 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

@Tipps69 read the can someone tell me thread on the first page the only abusive posts are spudskis telling fans they are shit fickle and piss poor!!

you are shit and fickle by the way,

in Tipps defense, spud did get a fair bit of abuse but he also brought some of it on himself, abuse is never the anwser, unless it was aim at Iain Baird or Carl "*******" Hutchings

missed out piss poor @Monkeh. cant see this fair bit of abuse, it one way from spudski at those who do not agree with him and all fans of City!!!. have a bit more time for his posting if he had stood up and instead gone lets do something positive together meet in a pub to chat. you don't make friends and influence people by slagging them off.

15 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry, no disrespect but there isn't a hope in hell that I'm going to trawl through everything that Spudski has posted over the recent months to find where he has been 'attacked', he has posted on here far too much for me (or anyone else) to be able to search his content & although I don't have much going on in my life, I still have too much going on to even attempt doing that!

Not really on topic, but I'm intrigued...what does the '1887' refer to on your avatar? Obviously we have the 1894 vs 1897 debate, but what happened in 1887 other than our rivals Bedminster being formed as Southville in that year? And then we amalgamated with Bedminster in 1900?

Spudski is a legend in his own lunchtime! I don't care if he ruffled a few feathers of the more sensitive types in the forum, he is entitled to have opinions and you are entitled to argue against those opinions.  There is no cause for all this ongoing witch hunt against a perfectly decent chap who, many times, has posted interesting and informative and insightful items on here that have helped many to understand aspects of football that we may not have fully considered.  We should be campaigning to get Spudski back as soon as possible. He is a forum legend, as far as I am concerned!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not really on topic, but I'm intrigued...what does the '1887' refer to on your avatar? Obviously we have the 1894 vs 1897 debate, but what happened in 1887 other than our rivals Bedminster being formed as Southville in that year? And then we amalgamated with Bedminster in 1900?

I found the picture on a google search, liked the design & uploaded it, as simple as that. I hadn't even noticed the 1887, so in answer to your question, I have no idea, I was just the lazy one who uploaded it, I had no input on the design.

18 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Are you sure it's not because telling everyone how much more you know about Bristol City than them (with his 'superior' connections virtually ending every argument) and typing out 'fella' 30 times a post is tiring work?

•  
On 11/02/2017 at 09:44, spudski said:

Any 'serious' City player should be driving one of these... A Bristol Bullet. So gorgeous, sounds amazing and true Bristol heritage. I want one. 007 should be driving this car...just look at it...

http://www.bristolcars.co.uk/

I've got one of these, 1952 Bristol 401. Bought it many years ago for restoration but still needs re assembling.

http://pendine.co/portfolio/1952-bristol-401/

spudski likes this

He is obviously a man of taste liking my post on Players Cars Feb 18th

19 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Looks like you are a tad sensitive, may I suggest you get the missus to give you a cuddle and assure you that the big bad world isn't out to get you. If you don't have someone to give you a cuddle, I suggest Pam and her five sisters.

Elitist? I'm not really sure where this came from (posh Tourettes?), but if you want to say it, by all means, fill your boots.

As your self proclaimed location is your bedroom, I would suggest you are more familiar than I am with the palm nowadays.

Sensitive? nah I just don't like you.

9 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

As your self proclaimed location is your bedroom, I would suggest you are more familiar than I am with the palm nowadays.

Sensitive? nah I just don't like you.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Pam and her five sisters:

Just be careful with what product you use after.

Still looks like you need bit of a cuddle.:sad26:

27 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Pam and her five sisters:

Just be careful with what product you use after.

Still looks like you need bit of a cuddle.:sad26:

depends if their is super glue in the hand cream jar,

I'm hoping @Bullbag gets that one.....

27 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

depends if their is super glue in the hand cream jar,

I'm hoping @Bullbag gets that one.....

Super glue in the hand cream jar? That's going to be one hell of a sticky mess.

Spudski last posted on March 4th saying he was going to give this forum a rest for a while. He was getting flak for not wanting LJ to be sacked. As it transpired, Spudski displayed a wise head while others, including myself after a while, lost theirs. Having met him I can say he is a top bloke and this forum is the poorer for his absence.

I miss Spudski and his informative comments and hope others can join me in this thread in encouraging him to return. 

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Spudski last posted on March 4th saying he was going to give this forum a rest for a while. He was getting flak for not wanting LJ to be sacked. As it transpired, Spudski displayed a wise head while others, including myself after a while, lost theirs. Having met him I can say he is a top bloke and this forum is the poorer for his absence.

I miss Spudski and his informative comments and hope others can join me in this thread in encouraging him to return. 

He's a synt.

:robbored:

Archived